• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Justice League is fun but feels incredibly rushed. The heroes are great and the cast is awesome together, but the story has a lot of holes. Overall I had a lot of fun watching. It makes you want to spend more time with the each hero especially Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg.

FYI, the "quindent" that Aquaman has is not supposed to be the actual trident. They will address him obtaining that in the standalone. He isn't the King of Atlantis yet.

I really enjoyed the Punisher TV show. Seeing Thor tonight. Justice League looks hurrible. Why did Rotten Tomatoes wait until release day for a verdict? There were dozens of reviews released. Seems pretty corrupt to me.

I really enjoyed the Punisher TV show. Seeing Thor tonight. Justice League looks hurrible. Why did Rotten Tomatoes wait until release day for a verdict? There were dozens of reviews released. Seems pretty corrupt to me.

RT held off publishing the score they could have some sort of unveiling on a Facebook Live show. It backfired when they screwed up some other site that I think they own accidentally published it. Still, your "corrupt" point stands.

Justice League is fun but feels incredibly rushed. The heroes are great and the cast is awesome together, but the story has a lot of holes. Overall I had a lot of fun watching. It makes you want to spend more time with the each hero especially Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg.

FYI, the "quindent" that Aquaman has is not supposed to be the actual trident. They will address him obtaining that in the standalone. He isn't the King of Atlantis yet.

Crazy idea. Kinda risky. Maybe they should have done solo films to introduce the characters and focus on telling their story. Sure it won't make $100M+ opening weekend, but maybe they make $70-80M and are good. Then after those characters are established, their sequels will make more money and then they can make big team-up films that will make hundreds of millions of dollars.

I mean, it's an untested model. Nobody has done this. But if they could have pulled it off, it would have been huge.

The DCEU has so many moving pieces. It feels like they don’t have a clear strategy. They are setting up Ben Affleck exiting somehow and handing the reins to someone else. There’s no mention of Dick Grayson existing, so who knows? You can assume that Jason Todd is somewhere out there based on the scene from BvS. I’m not sure if he ever assumed the Batman role in the source material, though a Red Hood movie would be fucking awesome. They have really done a shitty job and a great job simultaneously with Batman. Affleck is great but they’ve painted themselves into a weird corner with this Batman story arc.

Aquaman is going to be great. It’s gonna be tough to fuck up Jason Momoa as that character. Ezra Miller is great at Flash and that standalone will be fun. Cyborg will probably be the toughest of the standalones if they do one.

In short, you’re right. It was a risky idea and they’ve halfway pulled it off? It’s good enough that I’ll spend my money to go see whatever they put out but it still can’t touch the pure gold that is pretty much any MCU movie.

CBM: Justice League premieres (43% on RT) / The Punisher on Netflix

Also saw that Matt Reeves met with Jake Gyllenhaal to discuss potentially playing Batman in that standalone. I don’t hate that.

The DCEU has so many moving pieces. It feels like they don’t have a clear strategy. They are setting up Ben Affleck exiting somehow and handing the reins to someone else. There’s no mention of Dick Grayson existing, so who knows? You can assume that Jason Todd is somewhere out there based on the scene from BvS. I’m not sure if he ever assumed the Batman role in the source material, though a Red Hood movie would be fucking awesome. They have really done a shitty job and a great job simultaneously with Batman. Affleck is great but they’ve painted themselves into a weird corner with this Batman story arc.

Aquaman is going to be great. It’s gonna be tough to fuck up Jason Momoa as that character. Ezra Miller is great at Flash and that standalone will be fun. Cyborg will probably be the toughest of the standalones if they do one.

In short, you’re right.
It was a risky idea and they’ve halfway pulled it off? It’s good enough that I’ll spend my money to go see whatever they put out but it still can’t touch the pure gold that is pretty much any MCU movie.

Oh I was making a joke that they could have the same thing Marvel did but they rushed it. It's not risky because Marvel did it and showed it worked. The trick is making good movies and having a coherent vision. Even then, the MCU triumphed with Iron Man, but didn't fully get going until The Avengers. But they were patient.

Liked the new characters, the humor felt a bit forced, but there were some fun moments.

I got free tickets, wasn't that interested in seeing it, but it was better than last bunch of dc crap.

I hate when new Marvel movies come out because it usually takes me a few weeks to get to see it. Thor was great. I really liked that Hela was revealed as Thor's sister. That tied in really well to the comics with Angela being revealed as a long lost daughter a few years ago.

Punisher was really good but I think it was a few episodes too long. I'll avoid spoilers for now

I'm enjoying the Runaways so far.

I missed you guys.

Runaways got great reviews. I may check out Hulu after the season is up.

I’ve got Runaways and The Gifted in my que. Will try to catch up on them when shows hit their mid-season breaks.

The Gifted is very good. It's not quite on par with Legion, but it very well could be by the end of this season. They've done a great job of introducing known X-Men characters who haven't been portrayed much in movies or animation.

First 17 minutes of Friday night's AOS Season 5 2 episode premiere is below. I assume nobody watched the Inhumans season finale.

Last edited:
The CW crossover got off to a great start. That was much more fun than I was expecting.

Wasn't the CW crossover last year the same week as the ACC-Big Ten crossover?

The Gifted is very good. It's not quite on par with Legion, but it very well could be by the end of this season. They've done a great job of introducing known X-Men characters who haven't been portrayed much in movies or animation.

Meh, the writing is so formulaic. Every episode is basically the same. I agree with you that the characters are really fun to see on screen, but I wish that they would spend some more time on character development or deviate occasionally from the traditional X-Men plotting (like Legion does so well).

Avengers: Infinity War trailer drops tomorrow. Here's a good teaser video.

[video=youtube;3VbHg5fqBYw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=105&v=3VbHg5fqBYw[/video]

Watching people watch trailers is the dumbest thing the Internet has created to date. Yes I'm including conservapedia.

Watching people watch trailers is the dumbest thing the Internet has created to date. Yes I'm including conservapedia.

Not something I'd watch on my own, but it works for a hype video.

Back