• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Scanning the criticisms of the movie only served to increase my own enthusiasm. Many of their problems are plusses for me, like "Avengers Infinity War is a lot". Cool.

Yeah really. You mean I get more than my $10 worth in the culmination of 10 years of films?

Infinity War opens with a 68 on metacritic. That's not very good compared to the bar they've set. It's right around Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and just above Age of Ultron. Even a review that gave it an 80 says it would be in the bottom half of their top 10. Seems like most just claim it's too big (like Deachead said), but I'm with you guys; that's doesn't worry me. This movie obviously raises the bar even higher than the other avengers movies in terms of scale. So while it may be stretched to make sure everyone gets a little spotlight, it sounds like they didn't do it at the expense of plot, which was my primary concern.

Almost everyone says Thanos is a fantastic villain.

Last edited:
CBM: The Avengers: Infinity War premieres Friday

It’s one half of a very long movie. I’m not expecting it to live up to Black Panther or Civil War.

Black Panther still made $5 million this weekend and was number 8 in the box office. It was extremely successful and still fresh. It’s a tough bar to reach.

Saw a quiet place with the wife last weekend. The tix did not pull up in the Alamo App so I had to go to the counter. Hear the couple in front of me talking to the worker.

"So there's no black panther at 7?" "No the next one is at 9. Rampage is at 7." "Oh great we'll take that."

Imagine that disappointment. Was he pumped for rampage and pulled a bait and switch on his lady?

Sitting at 88% on RT -- not too shabby. Have tix for Saturday night and need to resist ending spoiler urges.

Saw a quiet place with the wife last weekend. The tix did not pull up in the Alamo App so I had to go to the counter. Hear the couple in front of me talking to the worker.

"So there's no black panther at 7?" "No the next one is at 9. Rampage is at 7." "Oh great we'll take that."

Imagine that disappointment. Was he pumped for rampage and pulled a bait and switch on his lady?

That’s pretty funny.

New full Venom trailer out showing him at the end. The cgi for Venom himself looks...not great.

Finally watched the whole thing. It's a gritty reboot of The Mask.

You can. There is an insert image option when posting (on the tool bar above the text box and then to the right of the font, size, emoji etc. icons) that will bring up another text box. Just paste your gif link in there and you should be good to go. (All it does it throw the
tags around your link)

I just tried it with yours though and it says content not available. I guess people will just have to click it :noidea:

Last edited:
If I click directly on the link, there's a Venom gif with googly eyes.

That one works.

Back