• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Arrow has had a strong run of villains the last couple years. Overall that series has had 3 of the best villains in the Arrowverse.

Slade, Darhk, and Merlyn?

Slade, Darhk, and Merlyn?

Slade, Chase, and Diaz were the ones I was thinking of. I tend to not think of Merlyn as a villain just due to what a conflicted character he ended up being, though I guess you could say the same about Slade. Dahrk was better on Legends than he was on Arrow. And R’as was a complete miss.

Wells/Eobard was good in Flash S1, but that show has had pretty crappy villains otherwise. And I’m not sure Supergirl has a really good villain yet in three seasons.

CBM: Legion Season 2 debut April 3

I’d put Darhk ahead of Diaz at this point. They really botched Diaz’ introduction this season.

Supergirl hasn’t had a great villain yet. Reign could be. We will see.

The Thinker is a great villain. He’s the best villain on The Flash since Eobard/Wells.

Catching up on Legends. Was the 3rd to last ep the first Arrowverse episode to actually take place in Vancouver? I don’t remember them mentioning many actual North American cities.

Last edited:
Legends ended as good as advertised. That final battle was a lot of fun. Legends is the clear #2 CW show behind Black Lightning.

I really dug the Richard Dragon centered Arrow. Making the show leaner is proving to be advantageous. It may well get old, but Arrow could distinguish itself by focusing more (doesn't have to be 75% like this last one) on the villains, maybe a 50/50 split with the villain's story, then the other half for Oliver, Diggle and Felicity. Screw everybody else (excluding the non-costumed supporting cast, like Det. Lance).

I agree. This is one area where the Marvel Netflix shows have set themselves apart. Black Lightning does this as well. The Flash storyline improved significantly two eps ago with the reveal about the relationship between The Thinker and his wife.

A semi-helpful timeline of all the MCU movies leading into Infinity War. http://time.com/5227935/marvel-cinematic-universe-timeline/ Most useful information is at the end:

Either Thanos or Loki has the Space Stone (The Tesseract). Vision has the Mind Stone (from Loki’s scepter). The Collector has the Reality Stone (made from Aether). Nova Corps has the Power Stone (recovered by the Guardians of the Galaxy). Doctor Strange has the Time Stone (in the Eye of Agamotto). The final stone, the Soul Stone, remains missing.

Though we didn't see him in the act of taking it, Loki undoubtedly has the Space Gem. I am certain, based on one of the mid credit scenes for GotG2, Thanos will have it very very soon.

My absolutely baseless pure speculative guess for who has the Soul Gem: The Sovereign.

Here's another history resource, 17+ minutes so more of a commitment:

Last edited:
New full Venom trailer out showing him at the end. The cgi for Venom himself looks...not great.

Social media, non spoiler, reviews for avengers are coming in and are good. Media reviews will follow shortly. No go for me this weekend but hoping to have a Dr's apt next Friday afternoon.

Using the rule "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything" that my mother unsuccessfully tried to impart to me:

That Venom trailer does a better job of promoting the movie than the prior trailer. It also disproves the "leaked" plot synopsis I saw, which is a very good thing.

The concept of “the other” is a better, more faithful take on the character...but I don’t understand why you disconnect Venom from Spider-Man. Venom is a top five Spider villain, and the symbiote’s connection to Peter is a big part of that.

Just really questionable judgement on Sony’s part.

it's almost as if sony kinda sucks at making these movies

I don’t understand why Sony doesn’t just make the Homecoming deal permanent. They’re going to make at least as much money without nearly as much headache.

Maybe the failure of Venom will lead them in that direction.

The only thing I can assume is they were wanting to jump on the hard-R comic book movie train and Marvel didn’t want Spidey involved in something like that.

Short sighted movie studios.

I don't remember Tom Hardy sounding that much like a child in other movies. It reminds me of that movie "Split" when one of James McCavoy's personalities is an 8 year old. I agree that this trailer looks better than the last, but I'm still scratching my head as to why it was made at all.

It has a tough act to follow with Black Panther and the burden of making up for the meh Age of Ultron.

Back