• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Eh, to that I say no and yes, respectively.

Last episode of Loki is great and a perfect set up for next phase.

Eh, to that I say no and yes, respectively.

I look forward to discussing when ban is lifted

We should have seen this coming given what we know of the future MCU slate. Spiderman: No Way Home is supposed to involve multiple Spideys and previous Sony villains. And there have been series hints that film will tie Venom, Venom 2, and future Sony films (Mobius, Kraven the Hunter, etc) into the MCU. Multiverse is in the name for Doctor Strange 2. Kang is in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. And 4 weeks from now, we get What If? that specifically explores different realities.

I was annoyed by much of the finale because it reminded me of Neo and The Architect in The Matrix Reloaded. That was an awesome scene at the time, but it didn't pay off. I was also annoyed by He Who Remains. But at the end, it was clear that was just a set up and Majors is going to be a very busy man for the next few years playing different versions of Kang who will be more interesting and fun.

Switching gears a bit, but holy crap Suicide Squad looks like it's gonna be good. I love King Shark. The MCU's loss appears (again - Jenkins was fired from Thor 2 and made WW; Gunn from GotG and made SS) to be the DCEU's gain.

Prediction: In reading the Kang wikipedia, fans aren't going to like all this alternate reality shit that's about to come to the MCU. Kinda kills the drama of Iron Man dying if there's a million other Iron Mans. The Endgame plot was already weak enough, another 4 years of it will tire quickly.

Switching gears a bit, but holy crap Suicide Squad looks like it's gonna be good. I love King Shark. The MCU's loss appears (again - Jenkins was fired from Thor 2 and made WW; Gunn from GotG and made SS) to be the DCEU's gain.

Agree on Suicide Squad

Prediction: In reading the Kang wikipedia, fans aren't going to like all this alternate reality shit that's about to come to the MCU. Kinda kills the drama of Iron Man dying if there's a million other Iron Mans. The Endgame plot was already weak enough, another 4 years of it will tire quickly.

I can see this happening.

On the other hand, at this point, I really enjoyed Loki and thought the story was both good for this season and set up well for future seasons.

Episode 6 was a bit slow with the info dump in the first third, but picked up steam once you got to see more sides of Kang and see Loki and Sylvie try to figure out their own motivations.

We should have seen this coming given what we know of the future MCU slate. Spiderman: No Way Home is supposed to involve multiple Spideys and previous Sony villains. And there have been series hints that film will tie Venom, Venom 2, and future Sony films (Mobius, Kraven the Hunter, etc) into the MCU. Multiverse is in the name for Doctor Strange 2. Kang is in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. And 4 weeks from now, we get What If? that specifically explores different realities.

I was annoyed by much of the finale because it reminded me of Neo and The Architect in The Matrix Reloaded. That was an awesome scene at the time, but it didn't pay off. I was also annoyed by He Who Remains. But at the end, it was clear that was just a set up and Majors is going to be a very busy man for the next few years playing different versions of Kang who will be more interesting and fun.

I am going to trust Marvel. I think the brilliance is they can play the multiverse bit for this Phase and then basically hit reset button. It lets them start with a clean slate when the multiverse bit is over. And it doesnt negate everything before. Like Majors said in Episode 6, "Ill see you soon". They can do a bunch of multiverse stories, "fix" the timeline, then pick up where they left off or start over. And all that came before can still be the "correct" timeline, even if it gets adjusted later.

I can see this happening.

On the other hand, at this point, I really enjoyed Loki and thought the story was both good for this season and set up well for future seasons.

Episode 6 was a bit slow with the info dump in the first third, but picked up steam once you got to see more sides of Kang and see Loki and Sylvie try to figure out their own motivations.

Agree on first 3rd.

But I agree...watching Loki, Sylvie, Mobius, and Ravonna figure out what they actually wanted and who they were was a payoff from the whole series. Identity, free will/destiny etc were big themes in the series and each of the four of them helped push those themes in different ways

Word is Loki will be in Doctor Strange 2.

Marvel has been preparing us for stories about identity and multiple versions of the same character. All three shows have been about that central theme. Wanda creating a new reality and new life for herself including a new Vision. What does it mean to be Captain America? What does it mean to be a Loki?

Word is Loki will be in Doctor Strange 2.

Marvel has been preparing us for stories about identity and multiple versions of the same character. All three shows have been about that central theme. Wanda creating a new reality and new life for herself including a new Vision. What does it mean to be Captain America? What does it mean to be a Loki?

Good point

"The Suicide Squad" is crushing it on RT so far - 98%. I can't wait.

Disney+ added Marvel Legends episodes for Peggy Carter, The Avengers Initiative, and The Ravagers presumably in advance of "What If?" next week.

The Suicide Squad ruled. A great palette cleanser after the color-by-numbers mediocrity of Black Widow. It seems like they let James Gunn be James Gunn and doesn't have the corporate overreach most of the DC films have shown. Hella fun.

I hate that the box office numbers are probably going to be dampened by renewed Covid concerns because it deserves to be a 100M+ opening weekend movie.

Agreed. Cancel Flash, Batman, Superman, all of those. Build the DCEU around the Suicide Squad.

Walking in to my building today, there was a ton of film equipment outside of the bar/restaurant in the lower level and Teamsters and security all over. Looked at some of the equipment and it said Joker 2 on it. Got excited to see Joaquin all dolled up in Joker makeup, but then I asked the security guard and he said they were filming a new Apple TV series called Ripple Effects with Elizabeth Moss. Significantly less cool.

Last edited:
Back