• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Flash is bad this season. It’s been going downhill although last season and Mirror Master was solid. It’s been a struggle to watch especially when it’s paired with a far superior Superman & Lois on Tuesday. I still watch out of obligation but I’ve just stopped watching a few eps.

I dropped out of Flash during the "daughter from the future" season. I need to find a recap to see what her deal was, she had some unrevealed agenda when I finally acknowledged "I just don't care what goes on here."

That was a weird plot line. It was even weirder when I realized that actress who played the daughter is significantly older than the actors who play Barry and Iris. Impulse is still set to debut some time soon.

The big problem for Flash is that the rest of the Arrowverse has figured out a signature style or a voice that makes it work. Stargirl and Superman & Lois are small town family dramas. Black Lightning was a urban family drama. Batwoman Season 2 centers around social justice and finding one's self. Legends of Tomorrow is unabashedly wacky with some heart.

Still not sure what Flash is.

Flash has been...weird. I feel like they are having trouble telling a cohesive story. I'm sure a lot can be put on Covid shut downs but I didn't really follow the whole Speed Force / Strength Force thing at all. They created a new speed force and it became Barry's mom and they inadvertently created these other forces and then...yeah it just got weird and didn't make a lot of sense.

I miss Tom Cavanaugh, he was great.

That was a weird plot line. It was even weirder when I realized that actress who played the daughter is significantly older than the actors who play Barry and Iris. Impulse is still set to debut some time soon.

The big problem for Flash is that the rest of the Arrowverse has figured out a signature style or a voice that makes it work. Stargirl and Superman & Lois are small town family dramas. Black Lightning was a urban family drama. Batwoman Season 2 centers around social justice and finding one's self. Legends of Tomorrow is unabashedly wacky with some heart.

Still not sure what Flash is.

I just know Kamilla is hawt

Flash has been...weird. I feel like they are having trouble telling a cohesive story. I'm sure a lot can be put on Covid shut downs but I didn't really follow the whole Speed Force / Strength Force thing at all. They created a new speed force and it became Barry's mom and they inadvertently created these other forces and then...yeah it just got weird and didn't make a lot of sense.

I miss Tom Cavanaugh, he was great.

Can't blame it on COVID though. In the time that The Flash came up with a weird incoherent storyline, the Batwoman writers manage to introduce a brand new lead character, give the main villain much more depth, redo the main thrust of the show, realize that two of the main characters are Black and what comes with that, emphasize good characters that were previously ignored, sideline characters that weren't as good, and move away from the "freak of the week" framework. The last is huge because that has caused The Flash to burn through the rogues gallery to the point that they're regularly repeating characters and had to use a relatively new forces plot from the comics.

I just know Kamilla is hawt

This is true. Iris is still the queen on The Flash though. My favorite woman in the Arrowverse now that Black Lightning is done is Mary on Batwoman. Great character. Smoking hot. Hero in her own right.

CANCEL TONY STARK FOR SEXUALIZING BLACK WIDOW!!!!

Intro to the new "Spidey and His Amazing Friends" Disney Jr. show. Looks cute like a Marvel version of PJ Masks.

Comments on the video are disabled so I can't check there. Is that Black Panther in between Hulk and Kamala at 0:55?

Intro to the new "Spidey and His Amazing Friends" Disney Jr. show. Looks cute like a Marvel version of PJ Masks.

surprised it took them this long to rip off that [mind numbingly lame] program

PJ song is better

The Suicide Squad trailer

New Shang Chi trailer debuted during NBA Countdown. Lots of action. Looks really good. Some very interesting villains.

Ten Rings trailer comes out 10 weeks before the film debuts.

My wife always being too tired to watch Loki on Wednesday nights is seriously killing me.

I really liked this past episode. It kinda reminded me of Borderlands. I'm wondering though if it was real or Sylvie playing mind tricks on Loki. Kinda sad we didn't get any Mobius / Loki buddy cop shenanigans though.

Also, FIN FANG FOOM IN SHANG CHI!!!!

CBM: Loki on Disney+/MODOK on Hulu+

I read it’s not Fing Fang Foom. It’s a different dragon.

I’d prefer to just stay up till 3 and watch it myself but my wife wants to watch it with me. She knows if she’s too tired, she can watch it whenever later.

Last edited:
Good question regarding the reality of Lamentis. My vote - it's an enchantment.

Disney changed the post credit scene for Wandavision oh so slightly and it's getting analyzed more than the Zapruder film.

It would be interesting if the whole thing was an extended enchantment to get Loki to give up the TemPad. But I didn’t really get that sense.

CBM: Loki on Disney+/MODOK on Hulu+

Maybe. The midseason trailer suggests they just get captured probably after some deliberation over whether to just let them die.

[reasonable Loki speculation forthcoming]

The best theory I’ve seen so far is that the TVA is located in the quantumverse and they use a much more sophisticated version of the time travel device from Endgame. And Kang runs the TVA to maintain his preferred timeline.

The events of Loki would lead into Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.

Last edited:
Back