• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

And then you go and quote the spoiler. C'mon, man.

What an assclown.

Is it wrong that I teared up twice during the Man of Steel trailer? That has potential to be one of the best of all time. Hope it can live up to the hype like the Dark Knight and Avengers did.

Catching Fire/Star Trek/Superman/Thor 2. Excellent trailers. RIPD looks horrid, yes I'll say it again.

Didn't get Man of Steel in my theater. Got some movie about kids running away from home and building a house featuring Ron f'in Swanson though.

I haven't read the Hunger Games books, but the trailer for this one seems like it's a much darker middle act...I'm legitimately intrigued.

And Man of Steel is seriously picking up steam in terms of hype.

I know everyone is still all over the Strattons' jocks, but I get the sense from their auxiliary posts that people are going to turn on them eventually.

Tom Cruise was interested in playing Stark at one time.

I don't think Downey is replaceable at least not in the short term. I've seen a lot of comparisons to Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones where actor and role are inseperable as opposed to James Bond and whoever plays him now. I suppose some thought Connery couldn't be replaced as Bond either (to me Pierce Brosnan was the first adequate replacement for Connery).

If Downey refuses to do Iron Man in the future, I would recommend waiting six years or so before doing another and focus on other characters. The Avengers are at their best when Iron Man, Captain America and Thor are on the team but the Avengers have a huge roster and there have been many stories that didn't include all three.

Last edited:
Yeah. I think Tom Cruise and Johnny Depp are the best people to replace Downey. Of course, they're all about the same age. Sam Jackson is about 15 years older than that, so what do I know.

I don't think they'll have a problem not doing Iron Man 4. Stark was the star of Avengers 1. They'll need to shift focus for Avengers 2 to build that world without him in 2016 and beyond. Only Ruffalo could take the lead out of the rest of the cast and based on the rumors, Banner won't be getting much screen time.

I haven't read the Hunger Games books, but the trailer for this one seems like it's a much darker middle act...I'm legitimately intrigued.

They get a lot darker and more violent. The violence in the last book is over the top, especially as it relates to children.

It sounds like Downey is also sticking up for his castmates as well, which is cool.

I think Tony's story in the cinematic universe wrapped up nicely in IM3. I'd be fine with him only showing up in the Avengers from now on. That way Marvel is free to focus on fleshing out more characters in their cinematic universe.

I think Tony's story in the cinematic universe wrapped up nicely in IM3. I'd be fine with him only showing up in the Avengers from now on. That way Marvel is free to focus on fleshing out more characters in their cinematic universe.

Like more Hulk, plz.

Who cares how many movies they make?

Way to answer a question w/ another question.

I don't care, I just don't think Iron Man 4 is needed. I do want to see Tony Stark/RDJ in the next two Avengers movies.

Comic Book guys really do appreciate the work of their competition.

In terms of movies, they're not competition. Most movie goers have no idea that Superman and Iron Man are in completely different universes. It's one big genre. Somebody who sees Iron Man 3 isn't going to stay home from Man of Steel. In fact, I think it's the opposite. The success of Iron Man 3 is great for Man of Steel and if Man of Steel does well, that probably bodes well for Wolverine and Thor 2.

Back