• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

I really hope that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is a success. I think it has potential to be awesome.

Agreed. They seem to be doing it right even it they has to revive a dead character to do it. Maybe Cobie Smulders will join up after HIMYM ends next season.

Agreed. They seem to be doing it right even it they has to revive a dead character to do it. Maybe Cobie Smulders will join up after HIMYM ends next season.

I thought I saw mentioned somewhere where she said HIMYM wouldn't interfere if they asked her to join the show.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will be on Tuesdays at 8:00 on ABC.

http://screenrant.com/the-avengers-2-quicksilver-scarlet-witch/

Strong hints from Joss Whedon that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are in the first draft of Avengers 2. This leads to complications because there are no mutants currently in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Marvel Studios doesn't have the rights to Magneto.

Agents of SHIELD trailer 1:

Wow. That looks very good.

I'm pretty sure that's Luke Cage featured.

Last edited:
http://screenrant.com/the-avengers-2-quicksilver-scarlet-witch/

Strong hints from Joss Whedon that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are in the first draft of Avengers 2. This leads to complications because there are no mutants currently in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Marvel Studios doesn't have the rights to Magneto.

Agents of SHIELD trailer 1:

Wow. That looks very good.

I'm pretty sure that's Luke Cage featured.

This show could be brilliant. It's such an easy way for Marvel to expand their universe with the huge catalog of characters they have without having to put them all on the big screen. Kevin Feige at Marvel is one of those guys who just has a vision and knows what he's doing...which, by the way Ph, there have been rumors that there is mutual interest between Feige and Dwayne Johnson to bring him on as Luke Cage. That could still very well be Cage in the SHIELD pilot, though. I guess we'll see.

In other news, the Arrow finale tonight was just fantastic. Climatic with some genuine surprises...they did a great job of wrapping up the major story lines while setting up next season with plenty of loose ends still to play out.

Characters in the pilot change all the time. If they get The Rock as Cage, they'll just reshoot I'm sure.

Completely agree that there is room for minor characters or even major characters that have a tough time getting on the screen. Marvel has a very deep bench as we've discussed.

Umm, if that is game footage, that must be coming out for the PS4, right?

Thoughts on "Star Trek: Into Darkness"

1) There is no post-credit scene
2) Go out of your way to see it on the best screen available in your area
3) See it sooner than later lest spoiler-y things get leaked out

Finally I can read some articles on it. I've completely avoided all media for this movie, outside of official trailers, to make sure nothing got spoiled for me.

Feel free to start a spoiler thread for it.

If my theater at 10 pm in metro DC is any indicator then Star Trek will be a flop. There are 25 people here. Employee told me the 3D screening has maybe 50.

Nicolas Cage was paid $20 million for a Superman movie that was never made.
nickcagesuperman1.jpg

Peters and Warner Bros. also had Smith write a scene involving Brainiac fighting polar bears at the Fortress of Solitude, and Peters wanted Brainiac to give Lex Luthor a space dog, stating "Chewie's cuddly, man. You could make a toy out of him, so you've got to give me a dog."[10] Peters' additional Star Wars similarities were due to the recent re-release of the original Star Wars trilogy, such as Peters' insistence that Brainiac's robot assistant L-Ron was to be voiced by Dwight Ewell, calling the character, "a gay R2-D2 with attitude."[10] Peters was able to recycle his giant spider idea in Wild Wild West, a film he produced.[8]

Smith's draft (titled Superman Lives) had Brainiac sending Doomsday to kill Superman, as well as blocking out the sun to make Superman powerless, as Superman is fueled by sunlight. Brainiac teams with Lex Luthor, but Superman is resurrected by a Kryptonian robot, The Eradicator. Brainiac wishes to possess The Eradicator and its technology. Powerless, the resurrected Superman is sheathed in armor formed from The Eradicator itself until his powers return, courtesy of sunbeams, and defeats Brainiac.[11] Smith's casting choices included Ben Affleck as Clark Kent / Superman, Linda Fiorentino as Lois Lane, Jack Nicholson as Lex Luthor, Famke Janssen as Mercy, John Mahoney as Perry White, David Hyde Pierce as The Eradicator, Jason Lee as Brainiac and Jason Mewes as Jimmy Olsen.[12]

Robert Rodriguez was offered the chance to direct, but turned down the offer due to his commitment on The Faculty, despite liking Smith's script.[8] Smith originally suggested Tim Burton to direct his script,[10] and Burton signed on with a pay or play contract of $5 million. Warner Bros. fast tracked production and set the theatrical release date in the summer of 1998, the 60th anniversary of the character's debut in Action Comics.[9] Nicolas Cage, a comic book fan, signed on as Superman with a $20 million pay or play contract, believing he could "re-conceive the character."[

The not so funny part is Peters was a producer on Superman Returns and is an Exec Producer on Man of Steel.

It does go to show how this type of project can get twisted into failure by studio execs...which makes what Kevin Feige and the people at Marvel do even more impressive.

Back