• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Marvel Studios is a tight shop. All those movies working toward the same goal and no duds. The Incredible Hulk struggled but not a dud.

Finally caught Iron Man 3 last night and felt the same way about it that I felt about The Avengers. Entertaining movie, fun to see on the big screen, a few good lines and spectacular scenes (the skydiving/falling scene was unreal), but overall lacking in substance. Seems like they tried too hard to force the whole "Tony Stark really loves Pepper" bit. And the whole "the Vice President is in on it" bit is so tired.

Although the scenes with the kid in Tennessee were great. And I LOVED the post-credits scene.

Finally caught Iron Man 3 last night and felt the same way about it that I felt about The Avengers. Entertaining movie, fun to see on the big screen, a few good lines and spectacular scenes (the skydiving/falling scene was unreal), but overall lacking in substance. Seems like they tried too hard to force the whole "Tony Stark really loves Pepper" bit. And the whole "the Vice President is in on it" bit is so tired.

Although the scenes with the kid in Tennessee were great. And I LOVED the post-credits scene.

The other thing it shared with the Avengers is that the final fight scene just went on too long. In both movies the main bad guy(s) get their ass kicked multiple times in the final fight scene only to keep somehow surviving or coming back so they can drag out the scene another few minutes. Sometimes less is more. See, e.g., "yippee kai yay, mother#$%^@#".

I enjoyed both movies nonetheless. And I'm sure all those suits from the final scene will sell a boatload of toys and make a bunch of people smarter than me a bunch of money.

Let's revisit Patton Oswalt's filibuster, this time with animation:

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be shocked if Boba Fett survived and is featured in Ep. 7.

What an assclown.

Is it wrong that I teared up twice during the Man of Steel trailer? That has potential to be one of the best of all time. Hope it can live up to the hype like the Dark Knight and Avengers did.

Catching Fire/Star Trek/Superman/Thor 2. Excellent trailers. RIPD looks horrid, yes I'll say it again.

I really hope that it does. I got chills watching the trailer before Iron Man 3.

I would advise tempering expectations for Man of Steel. It could be very good. It's entirely possible that the best of the best is being shown in the trailers already. I loved Batman Begins, but going into it expecting what The Dark Knight delivered would have led to disappointment.

*Full disclosure: Superman Hater

Hopefully, Warner Bros. learned from Dark Knight to let go and let the people who know what they're doing do what they do. Snyder is a good director. Chris Nolan obviously knows what he's doing. Let guys like that do their thing without weighing them down with "studio requests" that are only done to sell toys and lunch boxes.

I've heard that actually the trailers are underselling the movie, and that, according to some early screenings, it's very action packed, Superman kicks some serious ass, and it's not quite as somber as the trailers would indicate, not as grounded in reality as Nolan's Bat films, and Snyder has crafted some spectacular action scenes. A couple early reactions say it'll be far and away the best movie of the summer, but that's yet to be seen, though I am starting to buy into the hype (though I was of the mind all along that it would be fantastic).

Also, as expected, Hans Zimmer's score is sounding absolutely fantastic.

I've heard that actually the trailers are underselling the movie, and that, according to some early screenings, it's very action packed, Superman kicks some serious ass, and it's not quite as somber as the trailers would indicate, not as grounded in reality as Nolan's Bat films, and Snyder has crafted some spectacular action scenes. A couple early reactions say it'll be far and away the best movie of the summer, but that's yet to be seen, though I am starting to buy into the hype (though I was of the mind all along that it would be fantastic).

Also, as expected, Hans Zimmer's score is sounding absolutely fantastic.

This is the main reason I think the movie will live up to the hype. The last trailer showed a little bit, but just gave quick glimpses into some of the action scenes so there is still a lot of mystery around the overall direction of the movie.

Screw you guys if I end up with a set of Superman blue balls after I watch this movie.

I like the cast of Man of Steel for sure. Reminds me of what they did with the Dark Knight - cast a relative unknown* as your hero and surround him with seasoned veterans and Academy Award nominees.

* Henry Cavill is obviously more "unknown" than Christian Bale was in 2005, but Bale's pre-Batman career didn't exactly have him on the A list as he is now.

It's by the same people who do Ultimate Spider-Man, so I'm hesitant.

So it looks like there is some action in this movie.

Back