• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

I'm glad they went ahead and picked Zod for the first film.

Lex Luthor is kinda wimpy when you compare him to other bad guys in the comics. Best leave him out of the equation for now.

Lex Luthor could easily be done as a bad guy cross between Iron Man and Batman. He'll be a fine villain for the 2nd film or a great choice for his own standalone film.

The Arkham Origins full trailer is up. No game footage but more of the sweet fight scene between Batman and Deathstroke with additional appearances and a reference to another hero. Deathstroke is playable with pre-orders.

Didn't realize it was free. Thanks.

I ranted about this to my wife before Star Trek. She trolls me on how excited she is for the fast zombies now. Almost ended our marriage. Dark time.

Haha, yikes. Nice troll job from her though, :laugh: I respect it.

But why are they fast?
Uh-oh, you're one of THOSE people. LOL! You should check out some of the IMDB boards for zombie movies. It's hilarious how passionate people get over fast vs slow zombies and what is and is not a zombie. I checked out the REC 3 board the other day and saw this. So funny how intense people can get over the issue. They need to start offering PhD's in zombie lore, to settle this ongoing debate once and for all.
You are partially correct actually. The difference is that the original, actual zombies were controlled by a human "sorcerer" or a bokor and not a demon (or a Fallen angel). They were usually re-animated corpses but at times living people were turned into zombies as well, which pretty much made them mindless puppets and they were almost never dangerous (unless they consumed salt). What really happened though is that they were drugged by certain toxins. This is more or less today's medical lobotomy.

It does sound similar to the [REC] universe and Tristana controlling all of those she posses (infects). However though, Tristana is possessed by an unspecified demon which means that the demon itself controls all of the "zombies", making them demonically possessed and not zombies by either Hollywood or African Voodoo concepts.

Also, maybe you didn't really go in-depth of [REC]'s story but another interesting thing is that originally Tristana was a Christian and even lived in a convent. And due to Christian beliefs, true Christians cannot be possessed by demons because "the Holy spirit already lives there". However, some can become possessed if they suffer from certain emotional trauma, have participated in unholy rituals or were sexually assaulted. The third one in Tristana's case occurred - she was raped by priests. Which goes further to prove that this is a classic possession tale described many times in the Bible and has nothing at all to do with zombies of any sort and lumping them together may be considered offensive by some.

Possession and zombification are two different things, albeit originally they were somewhat similar. Possession and exorcisms were introduced LONG before zombies were ever thought of and were even referenced in the New Testament. The only common things the possessed from [REC] have to do with the Hollywood zombies is their appearance and the way of the possession spreading (virally).

And besides, following your logic we can also assume Regan from The Exorcist was a zombie.

So I love the REC movies enough to have bought the import Blu-ray box set from Spain and I still think that guy needs to get a life

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Uh-oh, you're one of THOSE people. LOL! You should check out some of the IMDB boards for zombie movies. It's hilarious how passionate people get over fast vs slow zombies and what is and is not a zombie. I checked out the REC 3 board the other day and saw this. So funny how intense people can get over the issue. They need to start offering PhD's in zombie lore, to settle this ongoing debate once and for all.

I have no problems with fast zombies over slow zombies in any other movie. This movie is presumably based off of a book. A very good book that really kicked off the current zombie fad. That book is really built almost entirely around the premise of slow zombies. This movie just throws that out for a few CGI scenes that they obviously wanted (swarming the wall and jumping at the helicopter). I hate that.

Yeah I'm not going in protest of fast zombies.

How are they going to make a great zombie movie and have it be PG-13? I hope there's an unrated version released.

Back