• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Iron Man 3 made me rethink that. Longest credits ever.

Too tired to post more now, but I just saw this at a midnight showing.

Edit: Moving my thoughts to a new spoilers thread.

Last edited:
No spoilers here. Post a separate spoilers thread.

If it's really that bad, someone needs to pay that Warner Bros. trailer editor serious bucks.

I think this is mostly correct based on a lot of the reviews I've read. They want more Superman saving kittens from trees and helping beautiful women change their flat tires on the side of the road. All while displaying a perfectly-whitened smile and saying "Have a nice day!" before flying into the clouds.

This is the type of thing that drives me absolutely nuts about these types of characters...even Moonz seems to be guilty of this. For most people, this is a character based off a movie from the 70's...for me, this is a character based off a comic book. There are dozens of interpretations of this character...some campy, some serious, some light and some gritty. The current trend is for the more intense character (this is true in the comics as well). The folks clamoring for the Reeves version, to me, just lack imagination.

no one likes the story whether its saving puppies or whatever. just sounds like it wasnt well written

Iron Man 3 made me rethink that. Longest credits ever.
This. Holy shit those things went on forever.

Despite the negative reviews, I'm still looking forward to the IMAX 3D experience tomorrow. People I know that saw it last night seemed to like it, so all I'm looking for is being entertained for a couple of hours. I don't expect this to be the Superman version of The Dark Knight. I also don't expect this to be Christopher Reeves-ish. So hopefully without having those expectations, it'll work in my favor.

Saw Man of Steel last night. Will put my thoughts in the other thread, all I'll say here is, go see it in IMAX if you are going to see it.

Pretty interesting softball interview with Zack Snyder on Morning Edition today.

I concur this is IMAX worthy. I heartily endorse this movie in general.

Quality or not, Man of Steel has made $125M domestically and is closing in on $200M worldwide after 4 days.

It's safe to assume that Man of Steel 2: Still Flyin' will be made. I think it's also safe to assume that the Justice League plans are underway.

I'm not sure what villain they'll use to challenge both Batman and Superman.

Quality or not, Man of Steel has made $125M domestically and is closing in on $200M worldwide after 4 days.

It's safe to assume that Man of Steel 2: Still Flyin' will be made. I think it's also safe to assume that the Justice League plans are underway.

I'm not sure what villain they'll use to challenge both Batman and Superman.

Darkseid.

That would be DC blowing a huge wad.

That would be DC blowing a huge wad.

Yeah, but who knows how much life the super hero genre has left at this point. Studios are capitalizing in a big way right now, but it's only a matter of time before the fad dies down. Gotta strike while the iron is hot.

I don't see how Batman can exist in the same world as Superman/Darkseid. He'd get his ass kicked immediately.

Doing a movie where Batman takes on Lex Luthor while Superman fights Darkseid could be sweet though.

Then Aqua Man can be jacking off over in the pool, or whatever it is Aqua Man does.

So for those of you who have ventured over to the Man of Steel spoilers thread, what's the general consensus?

Back