• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

This thread is probably as good a place to post this as anywhere else:

Do you guys know of any good sites to purchase back issues of comics? eBay is hit or miss and my local comic shops charge full price.

When I used to collect paper comics, I used to go to local conventions. If you want to load up on a huge stash of comics that aren't "hot" then wait until the last 15-30 minutes of the show. Vendors will deal aggressively then since they'd rather have cash than have to load those comics up.

Today I just periodically purchase from Comixology when they have sales and read them on my Kindle. It's much neater to be able to download when I'm ready to read than have dozens of long boxes crowding my house.

Weird considering Galaxy has the supposed Avengers 2 villain. Cap 2 must focus on the cosmic cube.

My guess is Guardians is setting up Avengers 3.

With Ronan the Accuser as the villain in Guardians, you could have the Skrulls revealed as infiltrating the government/SHIELD at the end of the new Cap Winter Soldier Storyline setting up Avengers 3 as a Kree-Skrull War.

I would have (still prob) pissed my pants to go to Jedi Academy at MGM Studios at Disney

Just saw World War Z. Thought it was pretty solid. Didn't read the book, so don't care about fast zombies vs. slow zombies.

Those are zombies in the trailer? It wasn't clear what the threat was.

Watched TDKR on blu-ray yesterday because why the hell not? If and when they do a Justice League movie, it's going to be hilarious to hear JGL doing the Batman voice. I can't wait.

I wouldn't have minded if MJ was a minor character, but that wouldn't have been the case.

In other news, Marvel announced two untitled projects for the first weekend in May in 2016 and 2017.

Marvel announced an additional untitled project for July 2016. Apparently, the big rumor on the Internets is Doctor Strange is going to be the next Iron Man for the "Phase 3" movies.

Below is the current slate of Marvel movies from all studios:

Marvel Studios:
2013 - Iron Man 3, Thor 2
2014 - Captain America 2, Guardians of the Galaxy
2015 - Avengers 2, Ant-Man
2016/2017 - 3 untitled films

Fox
2013 - The Wolverine
2014 - X-Men: Days of Futures Past
2015 - The Fantastic Four

Columbia
2014 - The Amazing Spider-Man 2
2016/2018 - The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4

Disney Animation Studios
2014 - Big Hero 6

That is 16 movies based on Marvel Comics slated over a 6 year period.

Marvel has green lighted a third Marvel movie for 2016. One of which will be Dr. Strange.

Doctor Strange has been rumored to be a 'hub' character in Marvel Studios' Phase Three.

The Sorcerer Supreme will apparently play a central role similar to the one Iron Man has performed in Phases One and Two.

"What I can say is that Strange is being groomed to be the next Iron Man," a source told Comic Book Movie.

"The studio needs a new 'hub' character going into Phase 3 and beyond, as there is audience fatigue, ageing stars and a need to move from Tony Stark/Iron Man as a 'hub' for films."

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/ne...-phase-three-hub-character.html#ixzz2Xa4R6xmI

Marvel also requested a meeting Vin Diesel to play a character in an upcoming movie. So what character do you think Marvel has in mind for him? Luke Cage? Thanos?

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/what-does-marvel-want-with-vin-diesel-1200502343/

Diesel as Cage would be awful. Luke has to be a black dude. It's too important to the character, I think. Race doesn't matter for a lot of characters as we've seen (Kingpin, Fury), but I think it matters for Cage.

Diesel as Cage would be awful. Luke has to be a black dude. It's too important to the character, I think. Race doesn't matter for a lot of characters as we've seen (Kingpin, Fury), but I think it matters for Cage.

What about a grittier Kingpin? I could see that.

Vin Diesel is part black. I think at least his dad was black.

Size is more important for Kingpin.

Vin Diesel is part black. I think at least his dad was black.

Size is more important for Kingpin.

See I don't know that size is such a big deal in a re-imagining for the Fisk character to me.

And is that true about Diesel? Weird. Still wouldn't like him as Cage.

Oh I wouldn't like him either. I wouldn't like him as Kingpin either.

It's true that Marvel is trying to sign Vin Diesel to a project. What character he will play has not been revealed.

Yeah. We're trying to figure out the character. Punisher perhaps? Did Marvel get the Blade rights?

Last edited:
Back