• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

finally saw MOS. I think it's RT average is too low. I thought they did a pretty good job with superman's feelings of isolation as an alien on earth. I know people complain about the excessiveness of the last 45 minutes, but my guess is Snyder intended to show why SM finally had to kill Zod.

here's the thing. During that final battle, Superman demolishes just as many buildings (presumably full of people) as Zod. Unless the battle was on a weekend and nobody was at work, the death toll in that battle was 9/11 times about 10. Superman didn't try to stop Zod from destroying buildings, try to lead him out of the city, or do anything else to reduce the death toll until the last moment when Zod was going to fry three people.

If Snyder was trying to make a point about Superman having to stop Zod to save lives, he could have made it much more powerfully during the levelling of Metropolis.

here's the thing. During that final battle, Superman demolishes just as many buildings (presumably full of people) as Zod. Unless the battle was on a weekend and nobody was at work, the death toll in that battle was 9/11 times about 10. Superman didn't try to stop Zod from destroying buildings, try to lead him out of the city, or do anything else to reduce the death toll until the last moment when Zod was going to fry three people.

If Snyder was trying to make a point about Superman having to stop Zod to save lives, he could have made it much more powerfully during the levelling of Metropolis.

I thought Zod made it perfectly clear that he was going to make the citizens suffer. Not sure SM could have gotten him out. Also, at that point, Zod was the only other Kryptonian "alive" in the universe. I don't think SM killed Zod because he was going to burn those 5 peeps; he killed him because when he asked him to stop, Zod said "never," or something like that and it was then clear to superman that Zod (who was gentically bred to do so) would never stop unless killed. I don't think SM wanted to kill him until his hand was forced.

those are my thoughts anyway.

You mean the guy who was genetically bred to save Kryptonians who was trying to kill the last living Kryptonian besides himself?

You mean the guy who was genetically bred to save Kryptonians who was trying to kill the last living Kryptonian besides himself?

There was nothing to save at that point. He couldn't extract the dna, everything was destroyed. Superman ended the Kryptonian civilization and now zod was going to kill SM's precious humans.

Nah. If Zod was really programmed like he said, he would have just hugged it out with Kal-El and they would have agreed to rebuild the race one Earth chick at a time.

This link contains tons of details about all of the known upcoming Marvel movies in all studios including what actors are playing which characters. There are quite a few minor spoilers included.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...l-the-marvel-movies-currently-in-development/

Thought this was interesting.

"•The Shield TV show on ABC may be the first of many TV shows. Disney owns ABC, so the structure is in place to create as many TV series based on Marvel characters as it wants."

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if the show is successful that they spin off new shows from it. Several shows have been rumored. This is just the first. Still think a Kingpin show on HBO or AMC would be amazing.

Ming-Na Wen talks about her character Malinda May and Agents of SHIELD.

"I think she definitely honors her job and she takes it very seriously," Wen said about her character, "and she has a lot of skills to reach level 7. But from what I gather she has some damage, she's like a damaged soldier. I think she's definitely one of the more season/experienced agents in this crew."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=106186

Kanye West has already dubbed Guillermo de Toro's latest movie Pacific Rim as one of his favourite films ever, and with the director so in demand thoughts are now turning to his next high profile project, Justice League Dark.

The director has been speaking about the anticipated movie during his promo tour for Pacific Rim and it sounds like DC Comics fans are in for a treat.

Based on the comic series of the same name, the film will bring together members of the DC universe including Deadman, The Spectre, Swamp Thing and Constantine.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/ne...gue-Dark-To-Spawn-Marvel-Style-Movie-Universe

I would love to see a quality Dr. Strange movie, and Daredevil needs to be resurrected. The Frank Miller run on Daredevil is one of the best comics series of all time, if you can't mine that for a powerful movie (or 3) you're just not trying.

Man, I'm hyped about this show. Clark Gregg should be fantastic. He's made a strong leap from "that guy" status.

BO0x4XRCQAMRmIO.jpg:large

Facebook photo posted by Vin Diesel's people:
VinDieselTheAvengerscoverarticlecropLS.jpg

Vin Diesel as a dude that's a notch below Tony Stark and Bruce Banner for scientific genius? Oooookay.

In other news, I was reading that Independence Day 2 is happening, with no Will Smith.

Back