• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Thinking about the movie a little later, one of the problems with the enormity of this universe that they are creating is to do these side films without integrating everything. Like when the helicarriers went live, Stark / Stark tower was a target. If you are going up against shield and on the run, why not call Stark in the beginning of the movie? When the shit really hit the fan why not call Banner? He could have fucked up all three helis and Bucky on the way to breakfast.

Didn't they mention Bruce Banner being a target in TWS?

Thinking about the movie a little later, one of the problems with the enormity of this universe that they are creating is to do these side films without integrating everything. Like when the helicarriers went live, Stark / Stark tower was a target. If you are going up against shield and on the run, why not call Stark in the beginning of the movie? When the shit really hit the fan why not call Banner? He could have fucked up all three helis and Bucky on the way to breakfast.

Could have fucked up all of DC, too. I'm not sure if they had a way to contact The Avengers given the deteriorating infrastructure. Of course, that should have been clarified. Of course, from what I remember from IM3, Stark was retiring, so he may not have been in play. Thor is in London allegedly on the low. I imagine he'll have a secret identity at the beginning of Age of Ultron.

It's also conceivable that the events of IM3 and TDW are occurring at roughly the same time as the events of TWS, I think. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would offset the timelines. Stark could have been on the run and Thor could have been in Asgard or dealing with the fallout from the events of TDW.

I thought that TWS took place over 2-3 days so there wouldn't have really been time to call in the others between Fury's death and Shield imploading.

I thought that TWS took place over 2-3 days so there wouldn't have really been time to call in the others between Fury's death and Shield imploading.

2-3 DAYS? Thor and Iron Man seemingly traverse the planet in hours.

It's also conceivable that the events of IM3 and TDW are occurring at roughly the same time as the events of TWS, I think. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would offset the timelines. Stark could have been on the run and Thor could have been in Asgard or dealing with the fallout from the events of TDW.

Not based on AOS. They did the Thor 2 follow up episode awhile back. At the least, there was a month or so in between, probably more. The pilot of AOS references Extremis.

Not based on AOS. They did the Thor 2 follow up episode awhile back. At the least, there was a month or so in between, probably more. The pilot of AOS references Extremis.

This is true. I'm pretty sure all the films in the MCU have been chronological (Cap 1 being the exception kind of)

Ah, good point. I hadn't considered using AOS for timeline purposes.

Good start to the episode. I was still sort of holding out hope that Ward was a double secret good guy, but OH WELL. Looks like they're going the SHIELD vs US govt route after all. If the rest of the season (and season 2) keeps going down this road, things will be set up nicely for Age of Ultron.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Tonight's episode set up a few things but this is the first episodes since Garrett was introduced that I didn't think was stronger than the episode that preceded it.

You have to think that Coulson suspects Ward as a traitor. I'll be disappointed if that reveal completely blindsides him.

It would be harder to be stronger than last week.

Coulson had Ward pegged as a traitor before all this went down, but seemed to reverse course last week.

They're doing a great job building on Cap 2. I hope they keep throwing in little updates of how the world is reacting. I just hope Disney/Marvel/ABC can sell to people that this show is the bridge between TWS and Age of Ultron. I like Patton Oswald's character. His appearance in the Whedon-helmed Dollhouse helped show the promise of the show and is considered the turnaround point.

Here is Johnny Horton that Garrett referenced. He's an old character called the Griffin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griffin_(Marvel_Comics)

Oh Garrett mentioned the "straight version of Ward" then later suggested Ward may have legit feeling for Skye which Lorelei did as well. I thought for a second that Garrett was saying Ward is gay.

To the point earlier about ending a movie on a non happy ending. I wonder how long they will draw out SHIELD getting there ass kicked on the show. People don't like negative things especially in their entertainment as it is a source to get away from their own shit. With a movie you can leave it and be done with it after the single viewing. With the TV show you would be exposed to negativity over and over again week after week, with somewhat poor ratings for what it is already they can't afford to lose fringe viewership.

In tonight's episode, both sides won their own victories.

There is plenty of negativity on serialized dramas. The negativity gets people to come back from week to week to see how it is resolved. That's essentially what cliffhangers are. Whether it's "We're going to have to take the boy" from LOST or the Joker tying up Batman and Robin above a shark tank on the 60s Batman show or "Who shot JR?" negativity works on TV. People know each episode isn't isolated and it isn't the end. Eventually the good guys will win and they're on a journey to find out how.

Anyone else catch that Garrett is a cyborg? You can see the metal on his back when he was changing his shirt.

Superhero and logic don't exactly go together either

The existence of super heroes and powers in the Marvel universe doesn't excuse the glaring plot holes. If you create a character in the movie universe that can so easily save the earth from destruction, you have to give a reason why they aren't saving the world all the time. That's why raising the "epic destruction/drama" bar for every Marvel film will potentially become a detriment. I bet Ant-Man won't be trying to prevent Hydra from using the moon as a dodgeball of mass destruction.

You also don't want to start each movie or episode with a list of excuses why certain characters are indisposed. That would get old quickly.

Back