• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Perhaps he's going to go with a nod to Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" and have Batman "die" (fake his death) at the conclusion.
I wouldn't put anything past Nolan. A lot of people will die in this movie. It wouldn't shock me at all to see Nolan kill off Batman at the end. I have a suspicion that JGL's character isn't what he seems, and Nolan will set up the middle section in a "Knightfall" esque way where JGL becomes Azrael. I don't know, will be exciting to see. We still have relatively no clue of who Marion Cotillard actually is in the movie (though it's been pretty much revealed that she is playing Talia Al Ghul). Liam Neeson has been confirmed to have shot a scene or two for the movie, so that would make sense.

I loved Talia in BTAS. Great character.

I wouldn't put anything past Nolan. A lot of people will die in this movie. It wouldn't shock me at all to see Nolan kill off Batman at the end. I have a suspicion that JGL's character isn't what he seems, and Nolan will set up the middle section in a "Knightfall" esque way where JGL becomes Azrael. I don't know, will be exciting to see. We still have relatively no clue of who Marion Cotillard actually is in the movie (though it's been pretty much revealed that she is playing Talia Al Ghul). Liam Neeson has been confirmed to have shot a scene or two for the movie, so that would make sense.

I might have to bail from checking this thread with all these "confirmed/revealed" things flying around. I mean, I guess these aren't spoilers per se, but I don't go out of my way to get every single detail about the movie. More and more information is going to leak out, so I guess there's no way to avoid knowing that information without refraining from reading this thread...

I might have to bail from checking this thread with all these "confirmed/revealed" things flying around. I mean, I guess these aren't spoilers per se, but I don't go out of my way to get every single detail about the movie. More and more information is going to leak out, so I guess there's no way to avoid knowing that information without refraining from reading this thread...

What I wrote about Talia isn't confirmed, just a collective guess based on the scenes Cotillard was filming. The JGL thing is purely speculation, and nobody really has any clue what his real role is. Liam Neeson is listed on IMDB in the cast, so that's just general knowledge. Now that we've gotten this final trailer, I too will stop looking for information on the movie. I've gotten enough of a taste of what's in store to last until the film itself comes out. But as far as spoilers I, nor anyone else really has any clue what is going to happen in the movie, and Nolan can be thanked for that for keeping things under wraps so well. That's what was so exhilarating about seeing The Dark Knight for the first time. You really had no clue what to expect.

Yeah, who's the babe that Bruce Wayne is kissing? It isn't Hathaway, so its either that chick or a flashback with Maggie GyllenthallmostruninedDarkKnight

Yeah, who's the babe that Bruce Wayne is kissing? It isn't Hathaway, so its either that chick or a flashback with Maggie GyllenthallmostruninedDarkKnight

Marion Cotillard?

Yeah that's Cotillard he's kissing. Her name in the movie is Miranda Tate, so people don't know if she's just some random chick, or if she is Talia. Either way, the two female leads in this movie (Hathaway and Cotillard) are SO much better than either Holmes or Gyllenhal. That's the one thing Nolan's bat flicks have been missing, a convincing female presence. Plus they are both incredibly hot.

Just watched the trailer again. I'm sad its still only May 1st.

Anyway, can anyone tell who the prisoner is doing the flip in front of Gordon? I tried pausing but couldn't get a good look.

Marion Cotillard?

Marion-Cotillard-%C3%A9colochic-Ouverture.jpg

looks just like the girl from Party Down, Lizzy Caplan

lizzy-caplan-party-down.jpg

I loved Talia in BTAS. Great character.

Every character in BTAS was the best representation of that character. No film, book, tv series or comic has done it better--with exceptions for the arcs and issues some episodes homaged.

So DC is going to be bringing one of their "iconic" (their words) out of the closet in June. There was some speculation about it being Bruce Wayne, but that seems to have been squashed now. It's not going to be any of the big three (Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman). Other than that, DC is dropping very few hints leading up to the reveal. Should be interesting to see who they choose. I'm interested to see if they do it straight up or if they punk out and make it something like Green Lantern Alan Scott from Earth 2.

I have a feeling it may be someone of actual relevance. Outing a character is hardly anything new. It's always been a b-lister though, unless you count X-Men's Colossus in the Ultimate universe.

I'm hoping it's Wonder Woman, that'd be hawt. I wouldn't be TOOO shocked if it were Bruce, after all he's single, thin and neat.

In other Batman news, they're making a direct to DVD animated movie of "The Dark Knight Returns"
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dark-knight-returns-peter-weller-327960

I have a feeling it may be someone of actual relevance. Outing a character is hardly anything new. It's always been a b-lister though, unless you count X-Men's Colossus in the Ultimate universe.

I'm hoping it's Wonder Woman, that'd be hawt. I wouldn't be TOOO shocked if it were Bruce, after all he's single, thin and neat.

In other Batman news, they're making a direct to DVD animated movie of "The Dark Knight Returns"
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dark-knight-returns-peter-weller-327960

Marvel also has a June publicity stunt...they're marrying Northstar and his partner Kyle in Astonishing X-men #51.

Batman would not have shocked me either IF the new movie wasn't coming out a month after the reveal. No way would they risk making Batman gay right before the movie comes out...it's too risky.

Dick Grayson is probably the biggest one who makes any sense.

Back