• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Dick Grayson is probably the biggest one who makes any sense.

I thought the same thing. I've heard Tim Drake's name thrown around, too, but I don't think Robin III has as much impact as Robin I. I've also seen Wally West (Flash II) thrown around a lot.

I thought the character was from the reboot. I haven't really followed it but I didn't think Tim Drake had been introduced yet. I could see it being a Flash. Wally West is doing pretty well for himself female-wise in the Young Justice animated series.

I thought the character was from the reboot. I haven't really followed it but I didn't think Tim Drake had been introduced yet. I could see it being a Flash. Wally West is doing pretty well for himself female-wise in the Young Justice animated series.

Drake is running around as Red Robin now since the re-boot. Grayson is back to being Nightwing after a brief period of being Batman pre-52.

I may be forced to like Anne Hathaway in this. The scene with JGL looks sick, especially since we don't know who she is scared of.

I may be forced to like Anne Hathaway in this. The scene with JGL looks sick, especially since we don't know who she is scared of.

It's pretty clear she's scared of Bane.

Also the MTV clip was the best thing they have put out yet. That music is ridiculous.

I edited out some extraneous info in the URL. I just tested to see if I could view from my iPhone and I could. Hopefully you can now.

I read some rumored plot spoilers today.
It's like Chris Nolan turned into Frank Miller for the final chapter. Imagine if you combined Knightfall with The Dark Knight Returns...that's basically what this movie will be.

In an interview with Empire, one of the Dark Knight screenwriters says Warner Bros. wanted Leonardo DiCaprio as the Riddler to be the villain in this final movie.

"Rises" screenwriter David Goyer recently revealed to Empire magazine that the studio essentially thrust the idea of DiCaprio as the Riddler upon he and Nolan after the release of 2008's "The Dark Knight"... around the same time Nolan was pitching "Inception" to them, in which DiCaprio starred.

WB's top execs said, according to Goyer: "Obviously it's gonna be The Riddler, and we want it to be Leonardo DiCaprio.

In an interesting twist, the DiCaprio proposal -- while ultimately unsuccessful for unknown reasons -- may have spawned other casting choices. You see, much of the "Inception" cast carries over into "Rises": Tom Hardy, Marion Cotillard, Michael Caine, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt -- who was originally thought to be cast as the Riddler.
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/leonardo-dicaprio-sought-riddler-role-173651296.html

As much as i like dicaprio, and as cool as the riddler could have been; the direction nolan took with bane is infinitely more badass. The riddler would have been too much like the joker, only not nearly as good.

Just remember that everyone thought Ledger would be awful as the Joker. Look how that turned out. I don't think the Riddler could carry a movie like the Joker did but I definitely believe Leo could have pulled off a great Riddler as part of a bad guy duo/team. Could have even played it off as the Joker inspiring a copycat, who no one takes seriously but then is super effective in what he does.

I'm pretty happy with Bane and surrounding bad people in this one. Should be pretty epic.

Just remember that everyone thought Ledger would be awful as the Joker. Look how that turned out. I don't think the Riddler could carry a movie like the Joker did but I definitely believe Leo could have pulled off a great Riddler as part of a bad guy duo/team. Could have even played it off as the Joker inspiring a copycat, who no one takes seriously but then is super effective in what he does.

I'm pretty happy with Bane and surrounding bad people in this one. Should be pretty epic.

The way Nolan has used iconic Batman stories as the inspiration for his movies, I don't think Riddler would have ever fit. There is no iconic Batman story involving the Riddler, nor do I see a way to involve him given the two stories Nolan is using to construct this final movie. Bane is a much better fit.

I honestly don't think leo would've been a fit. Ledger actually acted differently in his different roles; Leo has 'leo dicaprio' down, pat.

Leo is terrible and would have been a bad Riddler. The guy playing Bane is not big enough.

Andy Samberg for the Riddler lol.

AH love her.

Yeah, I saw something that Tom Hardy bulked up to 190 for the role of Bane.

Does this look like 190?
250px-Batman497.png

Hardy is big enough. In Nolan's realistic world a hulking Bane would not fit in. Also Hardy is a fucking scary/imposing force, so I think he will be incredible as Bane, and he will make you fear him.

For anyone who doesn't think he will be amazing, and by hasn't been convinced by the trailers and clips (though really only a dumbfuck would look at those things and come away griping that "Hardy isn't big enough, that ruins the whole movie!") go watch Bronson. Also, to get somebody that could project the kind of physicality that the comic book Bane did, you would have to get The Rock or Vin Diesel. Those guys can't act at all, and would not separate the character much from the Batman & Robin version, and we all know how that turned out.

Last edited:
Back