• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

The Rocket/Groot bromance was really. Chris Pratt overachieved in the film I think. Really fun flick. Loved the stinger. That shit was out of LEFT FIELD.

I agree about the bromance, the back and forth between them was really amusing. Rocket was great: "We're all standing up now, like a bunch of jackasses, standing in a circle." The voice work was fantastic, there was never a time in the film where it sounded like Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel.

I agree about the bromance, the back and forth between them was really amusing. Rocket was great: "We're all standing up now, like a bunch of jackasses, standing in a circle." The voice work was fantastic, there was never a time in the film where it sounded like Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel.

How much coin did Diesel pull down for this? Had to be an hour of work, TOPS.

Remember no spoilers until Saturday night.

Guardians of the Galaxy earned $11.2M last night. Biggest Thursday opening of the year.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...guardians-of-the-galaxy-earns-11-2m-thursday/

It was expected to hit a $60-70M weekend. Those estimates have likely been revised upwards. I'm seeing $80-90+ million.

I just saw a tweet that the pre-orders for the BluRay have already sold out at several retail chains...this for a movie that was released today. I found that kinda odd.

Edit: Okay, that wasn't entirely accurate...some regional sellouts of the pre-order for Walmart.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/08/0...axy-regional-sell-outs-of-blu-ray-preorders-/

Last edited:
The movie was pretty awesome. It's a dark film on its face yet quite humorous at the same time. Batista actually did much better than I expected and Chris Pratt was very good, but Bradley Cooper definitely stole the show for me. The little characters in the movie are pretty developed, which obviously bodes well for the movie in general. The soundtrack is pretty great with all the classic rock/pop.

The end credits scene was the only disappointment of the whole movie. Moderately enjoyable but very short and it underwhelms when viewed versus every other Marvel Universe post credit scene.

Last edited:
Usually the RT drops a few points as the reviews pour in. It was at 93% with 57 reviews. At 90% at 90 reviews. And now it's at 92% with 155 reviews. Very excited to see it tonight.

Usually the RT drops a few points as the reviews pour in. It was at 93% with 57 reviews. At 90% at 90 reviews. And now it's at 92% with 155 reviews. Very excited to see it tonight.

Yeah it's trending almost exactly in line with Avengers as far as reviews go. Higher metacritic score thus far as well.

The movie was pretty awesome. It's a dark film on its face yet quite humorous at the same time. Batista actually did much better than I expected and Chris Pratt was very good, but Bradley Cooper definitely stole the show for me. The little characters in the movie are pretty developed, which obviously bodes well for the movie in general. The soundtrack is pretty great with all the classic rock/pop.

The end credits scene was the only disappointment of the whole movie. Moderately enjoyable but very short and it underwhelms when viewed versus every other Marvel Universe post credit scene.

Even though I'm not mentioning any spoilers, I'll use the spoiler box in case anyone likes to approach the post-credit scene completely fresh. Otherwise, if you're wondering "should I spend time reading who the 2nd unit assistant gaffer is?" then click below.

This post credit scene is meant for hard-core Marvel dorks of a certain age. My age actually. This particular scene was meant for me, and I still think it was a waste of time. It did nothing for the greater storyline whatsoever. My advice is to just look for the scene on Youtube, or something deeper on the web.

I think this may be may favorite movie this year. Do not stay for the post credit scene as is a waste of time.

Back