• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

He's also got range... it's impressive the same composer that scored gladiator also did the batman/inception films.

New Spider-Man, to me, looks terrible. That last trailer....woof.

Yeah, i went from extremely skeptical to pretty excited, then back to pretty skeptical with the new spiderman.

Think i'll wait for netflix to see it, as opposed to the previous 3 i went to see on opening weekend. People seem to forget how good the previous spiderman movies were because the last one was terrible. It just wasn't ready to be rebooted, especially in the same summer the avengers and TDKR come out.

Yeah, i went from extremely skeptical to pretty excited, then back to pretty skeptical with the new spiderman.

Think i'll wait for netflix to see it, as opposed to the previous 3 i went to see on opening weekend. People seem to forget how good the previous spiderman movies were because the last one was terrible. It just wasn't ready to be rebooted, especially in the same summer the avengers and TDKR come out.

Good article on Time.com about how Sony has to keep making Spider-Man films or the rights go back to Marvel. That's why it's being "rebooted" so soon.

Good article on Time.com about how Sony has to keep making Spider-Man films or the rights go back to Marvel. That's why it's being "rebooted" so soon.

This is the case for several of the Marvel properties. I really want Marvel to find a way to get all their licenses back. Imagine x-men with Marvel behind the wheel.

Definitely skipping Spiderman. If I need a fix, I'll watch the second Tobey Maguire film. Since it predated both Batman Begins and TDK, at the time it was pretty much the perfect superhero movie. There was simply no need to reboot the franchise this soon, regardless of how bad Spiderman 3 was.

This is the case for several of the Marvel properties. I really want Marvel to find a way to get all their licenses back. Imagine x-men with Marvel behind the wheel.

Interestingly, Marvel getting their animated properties back has killed three very good series in Wolverine and the X-Men, Spectacular Spider-Man, and now Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Marvel's first in-house animated series Ultimate Spider-Man is horrible. They're scheduled to put out Avengers, Hulk, and Iron Man series within the next few years.

They had to reboot after Spider-Man 3 because it was a franchise killing film much like X3. It was LOL bad and did permanent damage to the hero's character and wasted a potentially great villain and potentially good supporting character in Gwen Stacy. In order to properly use Gwen and Venom down the road, they needed to do a reboot. And that doesn't mention that aside from the 90s Batman movies, there's major hesitancy to change leads. I'd have no problem with for example, a director continuing Nolan's Batman trilogy with different actors in the same continuity. That would be better than Superman Returns using the Reeves' movies' continuity.

I do think it's a waste of time to do an Spider-Man origin story. If they wanted to tweak the web shooters or something like that, that could be quickly explained away in an abbreviated origin.

I posted the above link only because it was the first review I came across. Judging from RT, it will probably fall in the 70s which isn't too bad. The first 3 were 89, 93, and 63.

my problem with re-booting a movie series is that they give you another origin story with only a slightly different take on it. (the previous seem to hint the new spider-man movie may differ more than the other one but we shall see). if they need to change actors, lead or supporting, they should not feel the need to do another origin story. everyone that will go see a new batman movie already saw the other three so you know that bruce wayne's parents died, he's rich and turns himself in to batman to fight crime. just tell another batman story (or x-men etc). if you want to throw in a small flash back or three to bring the few stragglers up to speed fine. just don't spend an entire movie telling the origin story again.

Prior batman films never really told batmans origin story though.

Didn't the first Batman movie cover it?

If you assume that his origin is:

Parents get shot
????
Be Batman
Profit

That's basically all we need to know. I thought the training stuff in Batman Begins was cool, but more necessary to set up Ra's than Batman himself.

I don't need to see Spider-Man sewing his costume or building webshooters or stumbling around New York either.

Yeah I'm kinda over origin stories. Batman Begins was the exception. Everyone knows the Spiderman origin and we don't need to see it again just like 10 years later. It's boring.

Origins are excrutiating to me. I'm sure it's because I know them all too well by now, but I always just want to get to the story.

Marvel's first in-house animated series Ultimate Spider-Man is horrible.

It's SOOOO bad. Grade of F- bad, like it was pitched by an exec and not a creative person. "Let's take Spider Man, add in Nick Fury for no reason other than people know him from the Avengers series of movies and see if we can't cross promote some of the old 'Heroes for Hire' characters' to see if anyone cares." However the producers are Paul Dini and Brian Bendis, who each have extreme amounts of creative cred, so I can't imagine what happened to cause this show to suck the way it does.

The only reason I can think of why this show is so bad coming right off the heels of the three much stronger Marvel efforts I mentioned above is that they wanted to capture the same boys that watch that live-action Disney XD (what appears to be) schlock like Zack & Cody or whatever.

Like you said, the whole premise of Spider-man working under SHIELD on a team with four de-aged heroes and what amounts to an Avenger a week is horrific. It was magnified the week that Avengers: EHM had a full episode in which Hank Pym hired Luke Cage and Iron Fist to find his stolen Ant-Man tech. The characterizations in one ep were far superior to what amounts to generic black guy (if that) and surfer Confucius on Ultimate Spider-Man. The A:EHM ep had me excited about that rumored "Heroes for Hire" TV show Marvel is putting together.

I watched last week's USM because it was supposedly much improved. It was just sad. The whole plot centered around Wolverine and Spider-Man switching bodies a la "Freaky Friday" and Peter Parker's brain in Wolverine's body fighting Sabertooth while Logan in Peter Parker's body was dealing with high school problems. That kind of crap may have worked in the 80s, but this is much more sophisticated animation market especially for a show coming right before A:EHM and the day after Young Justice and Green Lantern.

I don't how much you follow animation news, but the rumors suggest Marvel knows they failed miserably. First, they already had a 2 season order for the show but they hyped it up as a renewal based on strong ratings. They're basically punting on their next show centered around the Hulk, She-Hulk, and others by lowering expectations and branding it as merely action for the kids. And then they're basically saying the new Avengers Assemble show will be very different from USM and more serious in tone.

If you assume that his origin is:

Parents get shot
????
Be Batman
Profit

That's basically all we need to know. I thought the training stuff in Batman Begins was cool, but more necessary to set up Ra's than Batman himself.

I don't need to see Spider-Man sewing his costume or building webshooters or stumbling around New York either.

That's a gross oversimplification. The training stuff and all the guilt/fear that consumed young Bruce Wayne was absolutely necessary in the shaping of Batman, as was the thought of Ra's wanting Wayne to be an executioner. Its the origin of his "rule", the origin of his obsession with bats, among many other things. The back story in Batman Begins is way more critical to Bruce Wayne/Batman than Ra's.

Back