• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

I collected every issue of Knightfall during the original run. And I remember the DOS issue was in black plastic with a bleeding S symbol. The first comic I ever bought was a Spider-Man comic featuring Hobgoblin.

I was a Spider-Man guy. I have Hobgoblin vs. Green a Goblin somewhere. Ghost Rider#1, first appearance of Carnage, and Super Mutants first appearance of Cable. They were just fun back then. I also started working when I was 12, so I always had a little cash.

Anyone else paying attention to all the teasers for Summer 2015 coming out of Marvel? They've teased Secret Wars, Civil War, Years of Future Past, Planet Hulk, and probably a couple others I missed. I'm kind of wondering what exactly they're doing, because it would be odd for them to have so many major crossovers at one time.

I'm sort of suffering from "big event fatigue" from them. I half suspect each event is a mini audition for a future over-arching movie phase. Make that fully suspect, in fact I think everything they do in comics is done for the betterment of the movie franchises rather than the comics.

I'm sort of suffering from "big event fatigue" from them. I half suspect each event is a mini audition for a future over-arching movie phase. Make that fully suspect, in fact I think everything they do in comics is done for the betterment of the movie franchises rather than the comics.

That seems to be the word. I think I read that many of their in-house screenwriters are comics guy, so the comics may be the farm league for the MCU bigs.

Siege was the last decent one, since it sort of brought Civil War full circle, but I'm totally with you. I'd rather the major crossover events be spread out a little more with lots of development and lead up. They really need to renew their focus on individual character development.

That seems to be the word. I think I read that many of their in-house screenwriters are comics guy, so the comics may be the farm league for the MCU bigs.

I don't necessarily think that is the case. The comics writers will always try to do their own thing (those politics have existed long before the movies). Status quo doesn't usually last long in comics. But, it raises an interesting point of how much of a conflict of interest is there when comics writers want to think outside the box, but the studio want the comics to reflect the movies for cross promotion. You know they're going to want Rogers and a male Thor in the books when AOU is released, meanwhile the writers are playing with Sam Wilson and female Thor.

How does one start reading comic books?

I mean...there's always talks about "classic" storylines that go back decades...I mean, everything builds on itself, so would you need to start at certain points to get the best experience?

I used to read comics every now and then but never regularly and never very often. I don't understand how to jump into that world.

How does one start reading comic books?

I mean...there's always talks about "classic" storylines that go back decades...I mean, everything builds on itself, so would you need to start at certain points to get the best experience?

I used to read comics every now and then but never regularly and never very often. I don't understand how to jump into that world.

Pick out some key events/arcs and read the collected editions. You can always just pick a run and start going. There might be some references you miss, but you can get up to speed. The only comic I really read regularly is The Walking Dead. I've read some older story arcs within the last couple years like The Long Halloween, Planet Hulk, and World War Hulk.

Marvel Unlimited is a great way to break into comics reading. Most of the important arcs are included in that service. There's no way to keep up with all of it, you just read what interests you.

My local library has a lot of compilation books. Maybe check yours out.

Marvel Unlimited is a great way to break into comics reading. Most of the important arcs are included in that service. There's no way to keep up with all of it, you just read what interests you.

I really want to do this, but the reviews about how buggy the app are scare me a little.

I really want to do this, but the reviews about how buggy the app are scare me a little.

I've been running the app on my Nexus 10 for a couple of months. Sometimes when I toggle back to the app after having been on something else, it crashes. But then it opens itself back up to the comic I was just reading. That's the only bug I've had with it.

I've been running the app on my Nexus 10 for a couple of months. Sometimes when I toggle back to the app after having been on something else, it crashes. But then it opens itself back up to the comic I was just reading. That's the only bug I've had with it.

I think specifically the iOS version.

Warner Bros announces Justice League movies through 2020

No CW in my hotel. I'll have to wait till I get home this weekend to catch up.

You caught up? My wife cranked through season 2 in like 10 days like a god damned champ. We're watching last week's episode now. She loves this show. She's hella #ollicity though. She'll probably pick up Flash too, but seems less enthusiastic, probably due to a significant decrease in shirtless Steven Amell.

Wasn't expecting this week's Gotham "villain" even though it's an obvious choice considering. Bruce Wayne's story is becoming more fleshed out and should get more and more interesting the deeper he gets.

Wasn't expecting this week's Gotham "villain" even though it's an obvious choice considering. Bruce Wayne's story is becoming more fleshed out and should get more and more interesting the deeper he gets.

Why weren't you expecting it?

Why weren't you expecting it?

Because he's not the kind of villain you expect to just be sitting around Gotham twiddling his thumbs 8-10 years before we see Batman. He's not from Gotham for one. Good way to begin his introduction though.

Because he's not the kind of villain you expect to just be sitting around Gotham twiddling his thumbs 8-10 years before we see Batman. He's not from Gotham for one. Good way to begin his introduction though.

I guess you're talking about Bane who wasn't in the episode at all. Viper is a precursor to venom, but that's about it. Unless I missed something, and the reviews seem to confirm that I didn't

Back