• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

That's why "villain" was in quotes. Bane's origin wasn't one I was expecting to see referenced on this show and they did in an interesting way.

You should watch the show.

That's why "villain" was in quotes. Bane's origin wasn't one I was expecting to see referenced on this show and they did in an interesting way.

You should watch the show.

I haven't missed an episode. I don't know that they really mentioned Bane's origin, so much as the origin of Venom. Not the same thing, IMO. It's still not a very good show, btw. It's getting somewhere though.

Still too early to make a definitive call on Gotham or Flash, but for the sake of the comparison, I would rank live action comic TV shows as:

Arrow

Flash
Agents of Shield
Gotham

The origin of Venom is a major part of Bane's origin. He's a villain referenced early in the show that I was not expecting to be referenced and I'm pleased with the way it was done.

The origin of Venom is a major part of Bane's origin. He's a villain referenced early in the show that I was not expecting to be referenced and I'm pleased with the way it was done.

That's fair.

You caught up? My wife cranked through season 2 in like 10 days like a god damned champ. We're watching last week's episode now. She loves this show. She's hella #ollicity though. She'll probably pick up Flash too, but seems less enthusiastic, probably due to a significant decrease in shirtless Steven Amell.

No, this weekend was jam packed. Walking Dead was all I got in. I have some downtime this week so I intend on using Hulu to catch up.

Okay I'm caught up on Flash and Arrow. The Dr. Wells subplot has me interested. Otherwise still a lot of developing characters and the show finding its voice. There's plenty to be entertained by until they get to really begin telling the story they want to tell. I wonder how long before the Reverse-Flash shows up...

Arrow was strong. Real strong. That episode carried a ton of emotional weight. All of these characters are so deeply flawed in different ways, and it's exactly what makes the show work. It's great that the characters dealing with their situations is now enough to carry the show for a while without a Deathstroke or Merlyn. Eventually we know R'as will factor in to this season, but for now it's great to watch these characters wrestle with their shortcomings and insecurities.

I will miss Caity Lotz, though...good gracious is that girl a smoke show.

...although this is a comics show, and we all know that death doesn't mean much in the context of that world.

I will miss Caity Lotz, though...good gracious is that girl a smoke show.

...although this is a comics show, and we all know that death doesn't mean much in the context of that world.

Plus flashbacks. Looks like Tommy is back now.

Plus flashbacks. Looks like Tommy is back now.

I think the Tommy appearance was a one off. Flashbacks with Caity would be welcome, though. And I seriously have my doubts about her apparent death. ESPECIALLY with the League involved.

I think the Tommy appearance was a one off. Flashbacks with Caity would be welcome, though. And I seriously have my doubts about her apparent death. ESPECIALLY with the League involved.

I don't know, man. It was a pretty random one off.

Okay I'm caught up on Flash and Arrow. The Dr. Wells subplot has me interested. Otherwise still a lot of developing characters and the show finding its voice. There's plenty to be entertained by until they get to really begin telling the story they want to tell. I wonder how long before the Reverse-Flash shows up...

Arrow was strong. Real strong. That episode carried a ton of emotional weight. All of these characters are so deeply flawed in different ways, and it's exactly what makes the show work. It's great that the characters dealing with their situations is now enough to carry the show for a while without a Deathstroke or Merlyn. Eventually we know R'as will factor in to this season, but for now it's great to watch these characters wrestle with their shortcomings and insecurities.

He already has...

I have so many shows to start watching.

Arrow
Flash
Gotham
Archer
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

All the while keeping up with shows I've been watching for a few years. Luckily a few shows are ending this year.

Bova_Ayrshire_%28Earth-616%29.png

Thought she would be too far out there to reference for the MCU. Guess that means the High Evolutionary is out there someplace.

Thoughts on Flash tonight? I'm not familiar with that comic at all, but it seems like there are Easter Eggs EVERYWHERE.

Coulson's "play nice" was perfectly delivered. I love everything that is happening with this show.

Also: Skye's dad is already a really compelling character, and we've been with him for, like, 15 minutes of screentime, tops. Gotham should be taking notes there.

Thought she would be too far out there to reference for the MCU. Guess that means the High Evolutionary is out there someplace.

Did I miss something? I couldn't catch the first few minutes.

Nice episode. Good way to bring Mockingbird and Simmons back into the fold. Nice touch with Hunter as well. I'm not big on his character, but that's a nice touch. I was getting used to brunette Adrienne Palicki, but I'll be happy to see her blonde.

Back