• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Did I miss something? I couldn't catch the first few minutes.

Nice episode. Good way to bring Mockingbird and Simmons back into the fold. Nice touch with Hunter as well. I'm not big on his character, but that's a nice touch. I was getting used to brunette Adrienne Palicki, but I'll be happy to see her blonde.

It was a throw away line by Simmons at the beginning of the episode about milk. I can't remember how it was phrased now.

I could very well be wrong about the reference.

That would be a hell of a reference.

For people who didn't see the episode, the Age of Ultron trailer will drop during next week's episode of Agents of SHIELD.

That would be a hell of a reference.

For people who didn't see the episode, the Age of Ultron trailer will drop during next week's episode of Agents of SHIELD.

Not much else it could have been referencing. Here's the line:

Simmons: “What sort of hell cow produces carmine milk?”
Kenneth: “I don’t know. File just says ‘Bessie.’”

Bova_Ayrshire_%28Earth-616%29.png

Thought she would be too far out there to reference for the MCU. Guess that means the High Evolutionary is out there someplace.

The reference was actually to a Howard the Duck character - Bessie the Hellcow not Bova.

Back to when we saw Reverse Flash, we did see him in his yellow costume in that one scene where he did that thing he's now most known for. Maybe the tv show will go in a different direction but I bet not.

I don't really keep up with this thread but I saw this recently and thought it applied. My fault if it is old news.

10711048_10152795020126037_1298237468515816707_n.jpg

That's handy. Thanks.

So we have a 1.5 year stretch with 10 superhero movies. In that time frame, we may also have full seasons of Agents of SHIELD, Gotham, Arrow, The Flash, Constantine, Supergirl, and Teen Titans and we will have Netflix seasons of Daredevil and Jessica Jones. That doesn't even include animated series and video games.

Unreal. It's amazing how the genre has blown up so quickly. As a frame of reference, this was my original post on this thread back in April 2011, 3.5 years ago.

There are a ton of comics movies (Thor, Green Lantern, Captain America) coming out this summer as well as TV shows in development (Wonder Woman, Hulk) and some excellent cartoons on now (Young Justice, Avengers) and interesting ones in development (Ultimate Spider-man, Thundercats). This thread is for upcoming projects that don't necessary warrant their own thread. I'll change the thread title for new releases, for example, Thor comes out on May 6.

I'll add a list of upcoming projects that may be of interest.

Apparently Thor is already released in overseas markets and has great reviews, 21 of 23 fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. This is great to hear because the trailers looked less than impressive.

X-Men: First Class comes out June 3.
Green Lantern comes out June 17.

I'll try a spoiler rule. No spoilers for the first weekend the movie is out. For TV shows, comics, video games, etc. just use your best judgment. Thanks.

They've already planned a sequel to Fantastic Four which doesn't even come out until next year? What if it sucks and bombs? I mean some of the ones that seem to be more of a one-off kind of thing (like Fox's FF) I can see not being anywhere near as successful as the rest. The MCU movies, X-Men, and probably the big named DC movies are pretty much guaranteed success, but the rest of those....not so sure

You gotta understand that all of these timelines are complete bullshit and will fall off if their predecessors bomb. Its really just to generate hype.

They probably do have 1-2 production assistants at the studio setting up preliminary production framework so they will have a head start in case this stuff does well, but putting out a press release with an announcement and a vague release date is not a greenlight.

Agree that AoS is waaaaay better this year. I dunno if they just didnt have the budget last year or what, but the way that they have brought in minor Marvel characters this year and upped the Hydra plot via the Cap crossover is much better.

Also sort of like the Flash.

They've already planned a sequel to Fantastic Four which doesn't even come out until next year? What if it sucks and bombs? I mean some of the ones that seem to be more of a one-off kind of thing (like Fox's FF) I can see not being anywhere near as successful as the rest. The MCU movies, X-Men, and probably the big named DC movies are pretty much guaranteed success, but the rest of those....not so sure

Keep in mind that they are required to produce films within a certain time frame to keep the rights.

Right. If Fantastic Four had started filming any later, they would have lost the rights to Marvel. There was a rumored Daredevil movie set to go into production a few years ago, but it didn't come together in time so the rights went back to Marvel.

is Suicide Squad doing to be introduced during BM vs SM....?

Sure, why not? They've already shoved so much shit in there.

Suicide Squad has already made a couple appearances in Arrow, but DC is keeping the continuity separate for TV and movies.

I so hope they use the Spiderman rip off, Black Spider, for the Suicide Squad.

Black_Spider_0003.jpg

FF is going to suck out loud. I predict it will bomb horribly. They've been alienating fans and haven't even released a single image from the film.

The main reason I was upset V got cancelled.

FF is going to suck out loud. I predict it will bomb horribly. They've been alienating fans and haven't even released a single image from the film.

The Fantastic Four would mesh better with the MCU than Spider-man and X-Men for many reasons. I'm rooting hard against this FF.

First picture of Mockingbird. Damn, Tyra.

5446ce1dc7051.jpg

images

Last edited:
The reference was actually to a Howard the Duck character - Bessie the Hellcow not Bova.

Back to when we saw Reverse Flash, we did see him in his yellow costume in that one scene where he did that thing he's now most known for. Maybe the tv show will go in a different direction but I bet not.

Thanks, I don't really know much of anything about Howard the Duck. Only other cow reference I could think of was the Skrulls in the Kree-Skrull War.

Minor Green Lantern reference on ARROW tonight. Had another one in the pilot of The Flash. I wonder if he might ever make an appearance in this continuity.

Back