• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Right...I'm just saying there are probably a few on here (like me) who don't know the storylines by heart. I didn't know those storylines lead to the deaths of the characters.

I don't really care, but it's still a big spoiler.

I get it, I just don't think I'm really spoiling anything by talking about a comic storyline that's a decade old in regards to a film that will be conceptually similar but not the same.

Plus they both came back like a year later in one form or another.

@pattonoswalt: You liked that AGE OF ULTRON trailer? 'Cuz I just learned what they're showing during tonight's ep of @AgentsofSHIELD. #hooboy #better

I get it, I just don't think I'm really spoiling anything by talking about a comic storyline that's a decade old in regards to a film that will be conceptually similar but not the same.

They both die in the comics version of the Infinty Gauntlet and Age of Ultron as well.

The other thing I think this confirms is that Marvel is preparing for a world without Captain America and Thor. Civil War and Ragnarock both end with the death of those two characters. Feige and Marvel seem poised to make the Avengers a very fluid thing that is constantly changing based on the the events of these movies. Each solo film will have consequences in the greater MCU.

Spoiler alert?

I'm speculating based on the comics. Nobody knows how Marvel plans to translate those arcs to film. But Hemsworth and Evans aren't going to do this forever. I specifically think the Bucky Barnes becomes Captain America angle is possible. No idea what they do with Thor...could always get Beta Ray Bill.

OMG!!!1!!1! MUCH SPOILER!

:thumbsup:

Frankly I can't think of one that has been very good since Civil War. Siege and Spider-Island were okay, but ultimately forgettable.

Adrienne Palicki is ridiculous.

So that was probably one of the best episodes of AOS they've put together.

And that clip from AOU was pretty meh. Nothing we haven't seen.

Mockingbird and Hunter's additions to the show have really helped up the action and overall quality. One of the problems with the make up of the team last season was the ratio of scientists/computer geeks to fighters was way out of balance.

Yeah. That was the clip played at Comic-Con.

Geez, that's the dude from Cougar Town and The Bridge.

Agree that's one of the best episodes of AOS. Just well done all around. Ward has been used well this season and that's a good way to step up his story.

Adrienne Palicki wasn't rumored to be Wonder Woman. She was Wonder Woman in the failed pilot.

adrianne_palicki___wonder_woman_by_c_edward-d832reg.png

Mockingbird and Hunter's additions to the show have really helped up the action and overall quality. One of the problems with the make up of the team last season was the ratio of scientists/computer geeks to fighters was way out of balance.

Agreed. They've gotten that right this season even though Triplett hasn't been used in the field and Mack looks like a beast but he's only the mechanic and Fitz' new bestie.

I have to say that they're getting a good payoff from last season's Fitz-Simmons awkwardness because it makes this Fitz/Simmons fracture mean much more.

Yeah. That was the clip played at Comic-Con.

Geez, that's the dude from Cougar Town and The Bridge.

Agree that's one of the best episodes of AOS. Just well done all around. Ward has been used well this season and that's a good way to step up his story.

Adrienne Palicki wasn't rumored to be Wonder Woman. She was Wonder Woman in the failed pilot.

adrianne_palicki___wonder_woman_by_c_edward-d832reg.png

Excuse me, I need to pick my jaw off the floor.

Avengers 2 clip during Agents of SHIELD; Cumberbatch = Dr. Strange; MCU thru ...

Agreed. They've gotten that right this season even though Triplett hasn't been used in the field and Mack looks like a beast but he's only the mechanic and Fitz' new bestie.

I have to say that they're getting a good payoff from last season's Fitz-Simmons awkwardness because it makes this Fitz/Simmons fracture mean much more.

The additions to the cast have greatly improved the show, and the pacing is significantly better. Last season it seemed like it took way too long for the story to move along. I actually think having this long lull between Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron has been good for the show in a way.

Agreed. They're clearly working back to Agent Carter and working forward to Age of Ultron. Keep in mind, Maria Hill was featured in that clip and we know she's going to be joining AOS at some point.

It looks like AOS will end the Fall season at 11 episodes on December 9. This was the midpoint of the Fall season and it was definitely a turning point with SHIELD regaining favorable status with the US government and Ward getting out of FBI custody. Simmons and Mockingbird are on the team and Hunter may be off it. The last five episodes seem to be heading to some showdown with Whitehall and/or The Doctor. I definitely think there will be some mystery from the past to connect into Agent Carter which runs for 8 weeks in January and February.

An 11 episode Spring season starting the first Tuesday in March will run through May 12, meaning 9 episodes going into Age of Ultron and 2 episodes after it. I think we'll see Maria Hill in some of those 9 episodes and maybe the 2 epilogue episodes. I'm betting Marvel/ABC are working hard to try to get some A-list guest stars in for those 9 episodes. Hawkeye got a mention by Mockingbird tonight. Obviously if Hill is working for Stark, it makes sense to try to get him for a cameo. Could they get Fury back? Rogers? Agent 13?

Watching The Flash now. So this is the Felicity all the Arrow nerds love? I see it. Definitely meets the hot nerd criteria.

Did they mention Agent 13's real name in Winter Soldier? Didn't know if they were going to play up that angle.

No. It was weird they didn't develop her aside from being Rogers' neighbor.

Lots of good info out there about Civil War. Marvel has done a great job teasing this movie over the last month. There was a steady slow leak of information leading up to this announcement. One thing I found particularly interesting is that Civil War will be about accountability, not secret identities. To whom should superheroes be accountable to in a post-SHIELD world?

Back