• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Osborn was almost dead. Connors' work was supposedly to help improve his health.

I rewatched the trilogy a couple weeks ago and thought they were all bad, with the 1st just being passable. Tobey McGuire was such a whiny little bitch that I couldn't relate to him or root for him and James Franco was way, way over the top and annoying. Kirsten Dunst was also an annoying cock tease throughout. The only decent acting jobs in the trilogy were J. Jonah Jameson and Aunt May.

Absolutely this. Spiderman 3 of the Raimi series might literally be the worst movie I've ever seen. What an abortion of a movie. And 2 was horrible as well. 1 was meh. But 3, good lord, Topher Grace as Venom. TOPHER GRACE?! Fucking retarded. I wish I could wipe that whole movie trilogy from my memory.

Chris Nolan says biggest influence on TDKR outside of the Batman comics was "A Tale of Two Cities." I find that very cool.

http://m.superherohype.com/news/art...on-the-dark-knight-rises-literary-inspiration

Yep. Nolan was an English major in college.

He, and others who worked on the film said they watched a lot of Silent epics, and that this movie is very much in the style of a silent film. Little to no green screen, epic set pieces with elaborate sets and hundreds (even thousands) of extras.

Last edited:
Yep. Nolan was an English major in college.

But he also says that he hadn't read the book before his brother handed him the first draft of the screenplay. Maybe the bro is the real literary mastermind here.

But he also says that he hadn't read the book before his brother handed him the first draft of the screenplay. Maybe the bro is the real literary mastermind here.

Hmm, yeah, they both seem to be very smart. Nolan has made some really good adaptations (Memento and The Prestige).

Just saw Spiderman today and it was streets ahead of the first version. The acting was better, the writing was better, special effects were better. Characters actually had depth in this one (School bully not being a one-note douchebag for once, Doctor Conners isn't just a dumb psycho bad guy) Spidey was not an emo pussy in this one, Gwen Staci wasn't helpless and clueless like Mary Jane, I actually gave a shit about Uncle Ben this time, there was no retarded Macho Man wrestling scene, no James Franco to furrow his eyebrows the entire movie, you actually see and understand how Peter develops his skills, and how his powers are a real pain in the ass at first. SO MUCH BETTER. The only, only problem I had with this version was the cgi on the Lizard. If anyone wants the Maguire trilogy on bluray, I'll sell it to you cheap.

Last edited:
Saw it Saturday and loved it. The IMAX 3D is incredible (not sure if regular 3D carries the same effect...but this was a movie that should be seen in IMAX 3D). When he leaps off the buildings and begins swinging around New York, it's amazing to see. The 3D didn't overpower the film but added so much to it. I'm sure I'll be disappointed when I buy it on DVD and watch it on my regular TV because it won't be nearly the same experience.

Because it hit a lot of the same notes as Raimi's first, there was definitely a lot of familiarity to it. But I thought Garfield and Stone were great as the leads, Ifans did what he could with a villain that could've/should've been fleshed out more, and I even liked Leary's Captain Stacy. I heard some people complain leaving the theater that it was too long, but I thought it was fine. I actually would've preferred it to be a little longer if it could've helped develop Peter's relationship with Connors more before his transformation.

I didn't even notice the length. People have short attention spans these days.

I had no issue with the length, and I agree this version of Spiderman was very well done. I also understand Sony had to make a Spiderman film in order to keep the film rights to the character. With all that said I sat through the entire movie thinking, "Didn't we JUST see this movie. Why did they need to remake the whole origin story again?" I would have much preferred they just told some other Spiderman story or let the character revert to Marvel so they could include him in the Avengers.

I had no issue with the length, and I agree this version of Spiderman was very well done. I also understand Sony had to make a Spiderman film in order to keep the film rights to the character. With all that said I sat through the entire movie thinking, "Didn't we JUST see this movie. Why did they need to remake the whole origin story again?" I would have much preferred they just told some other Spiderman story or let the character revert to Marvel so they could include him in the Avengers.

uh....

I'm curious what Sony's price would be to sell Spider-man back to Marvel and if Marvel/Disney would pay for it. I have nothing to base it on, but I'd think Sony's price tag would be close to a billion. Sony's already made $100M off it so far. That doesn't even include other revenue.

I'm curious what Sony's price would be to sell Spider-man back to Marvel and if Marvel/Disney would pay for it. I have nothing to base it on, but I'd think Sony's price tag would be close to a billion. Sony's already made $100M off it so far. That doesn't even include other revenue.

Considering the first 3 grossed something like 2.5 Billion worldwide, I think they'd ask for a lot more than 1 Billion.

Considering the first 3 grossed something like 2.5 Billion worldwide, I think they'd ask for a lot more than 1 Billion.

True. Actually it's around $2.8B. Didn't realize the numbers were that good.

Interesting stuff. Hard to believe that much major plot got cut from a 2 hour movie, but I've written papers that were only a fourth of what I started with.

Back