• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Attention, cast of Arrow, Ra's is pronounced Rashe not Roz. Argh.

This bugged me too, I guess the pronunciation is dumbed down for the CW viewer, who the producers must think to be dumber than the kids that were the target audience for Batman: TAS, a show that did pronounce his name correctly.

The Nolan films pronounced it Raas as well.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NO7_cTXSps8

Enlightening comments (has that ever been said for a Youtube video before?) in that link. Arabic speakers are saying it's "rahz" and the dude is an Arab. So maybe Arrow (and the Bat movies) has it right after all. I'll now go back to not worrying about it.

To the Constantine question, I still watch it. I have about 3 eps on my DVR, will no doubt watch them shortly because this is certainly a game/watch videos guiltlessly kind of weekend (lots of snow for me).

Here's a big-time comic book movie coming out shortly that I didn't know existed until I just saw an ad for it:

Kingsman: The Secret Service

Lots of geek cred:

* Based on a comic by Mark Millar (you see his name all the time on various Marvel movie/tv projects) and Dave Gibbons
* Directed by Matthew Vaughn
* Stars Samuel L. Jackson
* Mark Hammill
* Mark Strong
* Michael Caine

Also Colin Firth, who has no geek cred, but certainly noteworthy.

Last edited:
Here's a big-time comic book movie coming out shortly that I didn't know existed until I just saw an ad for it:

Kingsman: The Secret Service

Lots of geek cred:

* Based on a comic by Mark Millar (you see his name all the time on various Marvel movie/tv projects) and Dave Gibbons
* Directed by Matthew Vaughn
* Stars Samuel L. Jackson
* Mark Hammill
* Mark Strong
* Michael Caine

Also Colin Firth, who has no geek cred, but certainly noteworthy.

Yeah I've been looking forward to that, didn't realize it was based on a comic book

I feel like it's been hyped up for at least a year.

You serious? Those commercials started a long time ago.

defs less than a year. either that or it was teased, didnt' get any traction and sent back to the minors.

like Jupiter Ascending

I mean, trailers always come out like a year early. But I wouldn't say it's "been hyped." They've been showing ads on TV the last few weeks (maybe since Christmas?) which is about all the promo I've seen and like no discussion elsewhere.

Gotham poorly executes good ideas and wastes solid villains in the process. Except Penguin. They've done well with him. Wish the show had started a few months earlier in the timeline to see him working for Fish.

Gordon's grandstanding gets old. They really should just let Gordon vs. the GCPD be an ongoing plot instead of every other week.

Back