• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

That fight sequence, though.

The diversity of fighting styles in the MCU is underrated. Looking forward to seeing what Elektra adds to the mix. Civil War should be awesome.

I read a piece about the stunt actor for Daredevil and Captain America. There are definitely some similarities.

The diversity of fighting styles in the MCU is underrated. Looking forward to seeing what Elektra adds to the mix. Civil War should be awesome.

I read a piece about the stunt actor for Daredevil and Captain America. There are definitely some similarities.

Also, in the first episode of the season my friend Califf is an extra who take a baton to the back of the head during the attempted gun deal. He works as a stunt guy in NYC, but he's a HUGE comic nerd so it's cool to see him get to play a bit part on the show.

Episode 3 was excellent although I'm kind of worn out on hero vs. hero discussions about killing vs. not killing. I like them, but I've seen quite a few over the years.

I feel like the violence in Daredevil makes this discussion a lot more meaningful.

Amidst the Daredevil hoopla, let's not lose sight of a little movie coming out this week. If one of these 14 theaters is close to you, then you can check out the movie Wednesday.

AMC Desert Ridge 18 – Phoenix, AZ
AMC Burbank 16 – Burbank, CA
AMC Century City – Century City, CA
AMC North Point Mall 12 – Alpharetta, GA
AMC Hawthorn 12 – Vernon Hills, IL
AMC Town Center – Leadwood, KS
AMC Barrywoods 24 – Kansas City, MO
AMC Garden State 16 – Paramus, NJ
AMC Empire 25 – New York, NY
AMC Deerbrook 24 – Humble, TX
AMC Willowbrook 24 – Houston, TX
AMC Hampton 24 – Hampton, VA
AMC New Park Mall – SF/Bay Area
AMC River Park Square 20 – Spokane WA

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/18/heres-how-you-can-see-batman-v-superman-early

That means we're at risk of spoilers online a day earlier, which is the more relevant point to this post, since I think all of those showings are sold out.

DC is going all in on Easter weekend. This guarantees I'm probably going to try to see it Thursday night. There is going to be carnage if this film doesn't put up a big number.

Bold move by Marvel and Netflix to release what is essentially Daredevil vs. Punisher vs. Elektra a week ahead of BVS during the NCAA Tournament. I'd love to know Netflix's viewership numbers. Hard to believe BVS will be better.

The one thing I've seen is if you liked Man of Steel, you'll like BVS. Man of Steel was 56% on RT.

I get the sense they will not be kind.

We shall see. Looking at the Tweets from the premier (#BVSPremier) I see some enthusiastically positive feedback. Certainly premiers are stacked with people inclined to be very supportive (Jim Lee loved it, for example) but I'd think there'd be a couple of less complimentary Tweets if merited.

Just finished Ep 7. The dynamics between all the characters are so well done. Great character interactions with great fight scenes in-between. And once I saw the description of Ep 8, I knew I couldn't go to sleep yet.

Again, props to Marvel and Netflix for releasing such a quality discussion of the virtues of vigilantism before what's bound to be the trite shitshow coming out this weekend.

Oh my god, the Ep 8 cameo. Screw me. I'm just not sleeping this week. The casting in this show, in the MCU is just perfect. They haven't had a miss since The Incredible Hulk.

Last edited:
Dammit Ph, you're making me want to take a sick day.

My wife woke up this morning and said "I worried all night about Daredevil. Not dreamt...worried. I need to know what happens next. I need help."

finished the first 4 episodes. i am really enjoying it. i usually agree with sepinwall but i think he has this one wrong so far. though his critique that he wants more punisher i could get on board with. episode two where he was leaving the pawn shop before turning around was chilling. talking about his daughter made me want to hug my daughter right then.

my one gripe so far is from

dd is carrying punisher from the roof top with the biker gang coming for them with bats, knives, wrenches and stuff. he leaves an arsenal unattended up on the roof for the bad guys to take and go nuts with. not really a gripe i guess just thought it was funny that they just ignored that.

Seriously, all the complaints I'm seeing about season 2 seem like writers who feel like they're supposed to not like the second season so they are inventing contrived reasons to dislike it.

i have not read many reviews but so far this season and last are what it is. good comic book tv. most of us probably never thought something like this would ever make it onto the screen big or small. fortunately we are living in a world that figured out a lot of us nerds will pay money for this entertainment so they are taking it seriously for the fans and that has often translated to more mass appeal.

i for one am thankful to our new marvel over lords.

Back