• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Seeing a rumor Affleck is working with Geoff Johns on something, presumably as Batman solo film. Johns is the guy who should be running this whole show, not Snyder. Hopefully WB figures that out.

Everything I've seen has said Wonder Woman is fantastic. That's a reason to see it.

Going to see BvS tonight at 10:15, will report back how shitty it is.

Just got back from the theater. This movie was a piece of garbage, they'll need to blow it up and start over if they want the universe to work. Unless you want to rage watch it, save your money and wait for Civil War to come out. I'll wait until we can post spoilers before getting into details.

HS friend posted on Facebook that he walked out of the movie. Unreal. And just like with FF, it was obvious how bad it was going to be. The difference is WB staked the future of the studio on this film. This is three failed attempts to start a DC film franchise involving Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and the freaking Green Lantern Corps. Meanwhile, Marvel is killing it with Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man. Fox revived the X-Men franchise. Sony basically gave up. What is WB going to do?

Wait until tomorrow night for spoilers? That alright. I think Friday night worked well for Deadpool.

Between Daredevil and Agent Carter, Marvel is really good at scenes about training young girls to be assassins. The basic episode structure starts falling apart later in the season, but hopefully by that time viewers understand it's one long movie, not 13 episodes.

So this is my favorite review so far (warnin', thar be spoilers ahead):

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/batman-v-superman-is-v-bad-1766555948

"...The dithering and misdirection is such that you honestly wonder if Superman and Batman are ever gonna get around to kicking each other’s asses. Eventually they do, and a great many innocent walls and floors and ceilings and bathroom sinks are harmed as composer Hans Zimmer more or less gives up and just sits on the Inception button..."

HS friend posted on Facebook that he walked out of the movie. Unreal. And just like with FF, it was obvious how bad it was going to be. The difference is WB staked the future of the studio on this film. This is three failed attempts to start a DC film franchise involving Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and the freaking Green Lantern Corps. Meanwhile, Marvel is killing it with Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man. Fox revived the X-Men franchise. Sony basically gave up. What is WB going to do?

Wait until tomorrow night for spoilers? That alright. I think Friday night worked well for Deadpool.

Between Daredevil and Agent Carter, Marvel is really good at scenes about training young girls to be assassins. The basic episode structure starts falling apart later in the season, but hopefully by that time viewers understand it's one long movie, not 13 episodes.

wow, walked out? that seems a little over the top

CBM: Daredevil Season 2; Batman vs. Superman (32% on RT)

BVS had a huge Thursday box office and will probably have a huge weekend.

Daredevil gets pretty overt about the TMNT link. Obviously I got Daredevil = Leonardo and Stick = Splinter and Hand = Foot Clan and Nobu = Shredder. Somehow I never made the obvious connection between Elektra and Raphael until now. Add Punisher = Casey Jones and Karen = April as well.

Last edited:
Well there were a lot of advanced sales. I think I saw upwards of $100M before a singe review.

Well there were a lot of advanced sales. I think I saw upwards of $100M before a singe review.

This movie could see a massive drop from week 1 to week 2. Like high double digits to single digits massive.

BVS had a huge Thursday box office and will probably have a huge weekend.

Daredevil gets pretty overt about the TMNT link. Obviously I got Daredevil = Leonardo and Stick = Splinter and Hand = Foot Clan and Nobu = Shredder. Somehow I never made the obvious connection between Elektra and Raphael until now. Add Punisher = Casey Jones and Karen = April as well.

It's more accurate to say TMNT is overt about their Daredevil influences.

It's more accurate to say TMNT is overt about their Daredevil influences.

Oh sure overall. But I was talking about this season of the show. There's a scene that is an overt shoutout to TMNT.

Wow. That's just great stuff.

It seems that in all the comments I read across the Internet, amongst the chorus of "THIS MOVIE SUX!" there's a small faction that says "I didn't think it was so bad." I'll be that guy for this board.

Don't mistake that for praise, I just don't think it's worth lumping with the dregs of the genre (Green Lantern, Fant4stic (wherever the Hell the 4 goes), Elektra, you know the rest). I think it's some good editing away from being a movie that wouldn't have made online bashing the e-sport of the week. By that I mean there were some really good moments, some really good scenes. Unfortunately those were followed by scenes that filled me with thoughts of "wait... what?" I can think of 2-4 scenes that simply deleting them would have added 2 more points (10 point scale) to the score. More after spoiler embargo...

As to Affleck specifically, I kinda feel bad for him, he doesn't deserve to get dragged down by this movie. I put him as the #2 Batman (Kevin Conroy #1) and an upgrade over Christian Bale. I hope his solo movie does much better, likewise for his Suicide Squad role, whatever that may be.

Back