• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

The ominous graveside scene occurs on tonight's Arrow...somebody gonna get got.

Which is worse about actually leaving dead people dead? Arrow or Captain America 1 and 2?

Which is worse about actually leaving dead people dead? Arrow or Captain America 1 and 2?

The quotes I've read from Guggenheim say this one is permanent...but, it's comic book TV, so you know how that goes.

Yeah, after the last bout with the Lazarus Pit, Guggenheim went out of his way to say that from now on, dead stay dead.

Hahaha. Good luck with that.

Good point. Black Canary is already slated to be on The Flash.

Good point. Black Canary is already slated to be on The Flash.

but she's gonna be the black SIREN there

also i probably won't watch live tonight so if any of you buttholes spoil this for me, there will be e-hell to pay

I have to say, as someone that watches all the episodes online (mostly via Hulu), I wouldn't mind a 24 hour spoiler buffer for tv. Not the biggest deal, I just don't open the thread until I'm caught up but that's my 2 cents.

I'm against any attempt to do a spoiler buffer for the tv shows. They move too fast and the interest in talking about specific episodes goes away quickly.

In my opinion, if you don't want to be spoiled on the tv shows then don't open the thread til you've seen them.

Agreed.

I was out of town last week so I'm catching up on some shows. Finally watched the Star Wars Rebels Season 2 finale. Quite impressive. This episode went a long way between building a bridge toward Episode IV.

So is Katie Cassidy leaving the show? I know she is slated to appear on the Flash in her Earth-2 version.

Looks like we have our first Marvel movie/Netflix crossover character. Alfre Woodard is in the Civil War cast. She was already announced to be in Luke Cage.
http://comicbook.com/2016/04/05/captain-america-civil-war-to-tie-into-netflixs-luke-cage-/

Woodard is playing Mariah Dillard in Luke Cage, a New York politician who gets caught between Cage and his old enemy "Cottonmouth" Stokes. It's presumed that Woodard's character is an updated version of "Black Mariah", one of Luke Cage's earliest villains in the comics. Although Marvel didn't confirm that Woodard would be playing Dillard in Captain America: Civil War, it would be highly unusual for the actress to play two different characters in the same cinematic universe so close together. If Woodard does play Dillard in Captain America: Civil War, it would be the first Marvel movie reference to one of Netflix's Marvel shows.

And Cloak and Dagger is coming to Freeform (formerly ABC Family):
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/marvel-cloak-and-dagger-freeform-series-1201747907/

The younger-skewing Disney-owned network has greenlit “Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger” with a straight-to-series order, Variety has exclusively learned.

Described as a superhero love story, “Cloak and Dagger” is based on the titular comic book duo (also known as Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson) who have appeared in Marvel Comics classics, including “Spiderman” and “X-Men” stories.

The live-action interracial romance follows the duo, two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love — Tandy can emit light daggers and Tyrone has the ability to engulf others in darkness. They quickly learn they are better together than apart, but their feelings for each other make their already complicated world even more challenging.

"Live-action interracial romance" feels like a weird description especially considering literally every other Marvel TV show has featured one or more interracial romances.

Good move though. Marvel hasn't done a straight up love story yet. Looks like a good way to get into the teen romance genre.

Last edited:
I'm slightly concerned that Cloak and Dagger will be on that channel. I'll give it a go, but I'm skeptical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't notice anything new (unlike the prior trailer which had some Black Panther action).

Still no sign of Baron Zemo, which is a-ok with me. Save something for the movie (are you listening WB/DC?)

I finally got around to reading the whole Civil War (including most tie-ins) saga this past week. It's been sitting in my Comixology library for a while now but I wanted to finish it before the movie. It's going to have to be a fast paced movie to fit in even the highest level outline of the story. Obviously the movie will take the necessary liberties but there's a lot of ground to cover. My fanboy wish is that it was possible to include some available tie-ins, like an hour or two of Netflix episodes for the Punisher and Kingpin, who each had an important role.

The following tweet IS CBM related:

Given that we have crossover between the Civil War and Luke Cage casts, there may be tie-ins.

Back