• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Wow. The argument seems to be if it is as good as Winter Soldier which is mostly regarded as a top 3 Marvel film.

The guy who was tired of being reminded about superhero collateral damage is going to hate the Damage Control TV show.

The comments get a little bit spoilery toward the end. Just a heads up.

CBM: Cloak and Dagger TV show greenlit

I think the least surprising bit of those reviews is the notion that Civil War gets right everything BvS whiffed on. Especially poignant was the guy who says that the themes and ideas are similar, but we actually care about these characters.

The BvS comparisons will be unavoidable, and that's bad for DC. It'll look like Marvel telling them "See, this is how you do it right."

They already did that with Daredevil vs Punisher. Hell even the Supergirl/Flash crossover episode got a lot of favorable reviews that referenced how much better the tone was than BVS.

They already did that with Daredevil vs Punisher. Hell even the Supergirl/Flash crossover episode got a lot of favorable reviews that referenced how much better the tone was than BVS.

True, but this will be the one with the most reach.

BVS projected to make less profit than Man of Steel.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-seen-earning-less-profit-than-superman-alone

“Batman v Superman,” one of the most expensive films ever made, is on pace to produce a $278 million profit for Warner Bros. once home video, TV and merchandise proceeds are tallied, according to SNL Kagan analyst Wade Holden. That’s less than the estimated $300 million the studio earned from “Man Of Steel.” It’s also evidence that Warner Bros. has more work to do to make its DC Comics division the unbreakable superhero movie business it needs.

“I’m sure that it’s a bit of a disappointment,” Holden said. “They were probably hoping for box-office numbers similar to ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron,’ since ‘Batman v Superman’ had DC’s three most well-known comic book heroes together in the same movie” -- Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.

To be as profitable as the lower-budget “Man of Steel” -- and some of the more successful Marvel films, which generate 44 percent net profit on average -- “Batman v Superman” would have to gross $1.15 billion worldwide, Holden estimates. “Age of Ultron” earned $853 million, he estimates.

A new Suicide Squad trailer is out with new footage. I'm not here to post the whole thing though, just the best part:

JicSDkAFRRa856Nmz7aj_giphy.gif

ETA NSFW spoiler tag. Apologies to anyone that suffered some work discomfort.

Last edited:
That's possible. I think it's also to make room for more sequels. Ant-Man and Wasp, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel may all be getting a trilogy. We may get fourth installments of Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor.

We could even see The Defenders get a feature film. Who knows?

Apparently it's been leaked that the new X-Men Trailer will reveal that Wolverine is in the film. No mention of how big a role he plays.

Can't link it right now but Tessa Thompson (Creed) has been cast in Thor 3. Presumably she's Thor's new love interest since Portman isn't coming back. Apparently she may be a superhero as well.

I've heard Valkyrie. Who knows?

Natalie Portman, then Tessa Thompson, with Jamie Alexander waiting in the wings.

Enchantress was on AoS. Obviously they can recast but I'm doubting that. Val was my first thought. Hela, maybe? Neither of those 2 have much romantic history with Thor.

I wonder if it was ever discussed with Portman that she could have had the star billing in the 4th movie as Thor, to follow along with the comics. Not that she needs it (it being both exposure and money) but I'm willing to bet she'd be amenable to some RDJ-esque payday.

That was Enchantress' sister on AOS.

Oh yeah. Powers-wise, they're almost indistinguishable but nevertheless, I admit #defeat.

#notallhotblondemagicladies

Back