• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

The new Suicide Squad trailer looks good, but it's hard to shake the idea that this could have been the villain version of The Avengers instead of Guardians of the Galaxy, but they blew it.

The new Suicide Squad trailer looks good, but it's hard to shake the idea that this could have been the villain version of The Avengers instead of Guardians of the Galaxy, but they blew it.

Might be my taste in movies but I'd consider that a compliment.

I was talking box office potential not quality. Do a Suicide Squad movie after all those villains have been established in prior films and it could have been much bigger.

By the way, BVS couldn't even make it 3 weeks at #1. BVS was beaten out by The Boss featuring Melissa McCarthy.

Speaking of Guardians, there's a strong rumor that Disneyland and Disney World will transform Tower of Terror into a Guardians of the Galaxy ride.
http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...laxy-ride-and-its-not-completely-full-of-crap

As far as the ride goes, guests would be given a tour of The Collector’s mansion. The ride would still feature the drop sequence of the current ride but all other aspects of the ride would be changed.

Disneyland frequently features ride overlays. The overlays take permanent rides, such as Haunted Mansion or Space Mountain, and give them new themes with a fully different ride experience.

Last edited:
I think all this week is supposed to be MCU-centric on Kimmel. #TeamCap was on last night.

I've seen the Suicide Squad trailer a few times now, and I can't help but be down on how Harley is portrayed. It seems bland compared to the Harley of, say, the Arkham series or BTAS.

Triiiiiippppy dude, like Dr. Strange is supposed to be.

This is one of the rare times I welcome an original story, which the general public needs for someone more on the fringes like Strange.

Dr. Strange looks like it will be very good. Cumberpatch was great casting choice.

Origin stories are often the best stories ever told for a lot of characters. The problem arises if it's the only story the movies want to tell about that character so they do it over and over again.

Triiiiiippppy dude, like Dr. Strange is supposed to be.

This is one of the rare times I welcome an original story, which the general public needs for someone more on the fringes like Strange.

He sounds like House.

It looks like a combo of Batman Begins/Inception starring Dr. House. I actually had to look up the casting to see if Hugh Laurie is in it.

It looks like a combo of Batman Begins/Inception starring Dr. House. I actually had to look up the casting to see if Hugh Laurie is in it.

That...sounds...amazing.

Cumberbatch has been training for this roll for years between Sherlock, Turing and Khan.

Last edited:
Is Tilda Swinton that monk?

Yep, she's The Ancient One.

My first thought on seeing the folding cityscape also was that it's going to elicit a lot of comparisons to, or even accusations of ripping off Inception. That's too bad because it's a very Dr. Strange-esque visual, I wouldn't be surprised if it was an adaptation of a panel from Strange Tales #33 (note - I have no idea what was in Strange Tales #33).

As for the whole training in the Himalayas ripping off Batman, well that's the story. The whole "white dude goes to learn from secluded Himalayan monks" trope is not uncommon, certainly not in comics. Be prepared for another version of it when Iron Fist comes out.

Yep, she's The Ancient One.

My first thought on seeing the folding cityscape also was that it's going to elicit a lot of comparisons to, or even accusations of ripping off Inception. That's too bad because it's a very Dr. Strange-esque visual, I wouldn't be surprised if it was an adaptation of a panel from Strange Tales #33 (note - I have no idea what was in Strange Tales #33).

As for the whole training in the Himalayas ripping off Batman, well that's the story. The whole "white dude goes to learn from secluded Himalayan monks" trope is not uncommon, certainly not in comics. Be prepared for another version of it when Iron Fist comes out.

Ya, comics have always shared, if not blatantly ripped off ideas and story lines.

Either way I am excited about Dr. Strange and will continue to give Marvel my money until they spit out a movie that is garbage

Back