• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Ya, comics have always shared, if not blatantly ripped off ideas and story lines.

Either way I am excited about Dr. Strange and will continue to give Marvel my money until they spit out a movie that is garbage

And then what? You'll never forgive them?

And then what? You'll never forgive them?

You are right that on the whole Marvel has proven they can be trusted

I will definitely still watch the big movies, or characters I know. But a garbage movie on a lesser known character means I will be less likely to trust movies or shows on other smaller characters as they spit them out

2ba4cdb4fb2dc80a4d2b3abcc4989bf9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triiiiiippppy dude, like Dr. Strange is supposed to be.

This is one of the rare times I welcome an original story, which the general public needs for someone more on the fringes like Strange.

That's one of the least comic booky trailers I've seen. I wonder if they figure they have to do that with a character like Strange to broaden it's appeal.

Just finished S2 of iZombie. Good god, those guys know how to wrap up a season. That was insane.

*High five*

Those 2 episodes were the best zombie shows I've seen in a long time, maybe even the best comic book shows of this season. They not only wrapped up S2 nicely, but with just 2-3 minutes hooked me into S3 as well.

Yeah, I sorta wanna go in TWD thread and just say "bros, this ain't even the best zombie show on TV right now"

Like. Man.

The montage where Liv/Major/Clive were shootin' and axin' everything was just brilliant. It was really fun while also being TERRIFYING. They're so good at finding that balance between fun (and isn't it nice that we still have some shows that recognize the need to be fun) and suspense.

Is "Zombie Utopia" a concept from the comic? I saw a few people referencing that exact phrase in the AVC comments.

I guess S3 is shaping up as Mr. Boss vs Zombie Utopia?

I'm glad they left the Boss thread sort of hanging, because I don't think they'd have been able to do his arc justice in an episode where DuPont finally achieved Full Supervillain.

Yeah, I sorta wanna go in TWD thread and just say "bros, this ain't even the best zombie show on TV right now"

Like. Man.

The montage where Liv/Major/Clive were shootin' and axin' everything was just brilliant. It was really fun while also being TERRIFYING. They're so good at finding that balance between fun (and isn't it nice that we still have some shows that recognize the need to be fun) and suspense.

Is "Zombie Utopia" a concept from the comic? I saw a few people referencing that exact phrase in the AVC comments.

I really don't think so, I can think of 2 similarities between the comic book and the show -
1) it features a young woman zombie who is control of her zombie nature
2) the title

That's it, even the name of the main character is different.

I googled the term "zombie utopia" and most results were about a CoD mod, maybe that's what they're talking about at AVClub.

So yeah, S3 looks like Boss vs zombie mercs vs Team Liv.

Once they complete the All Out War arc (best guess is two more seasons) I think that show will be done. It's probably already run its course, but they have to get through All Out War.

I bet it runs for at least five more seasons.

Dr. Strange looks like it will be very good. Cumberpatch was great casting choice.

Origin stories are often the best stories ever told for a lot of characters. The problem arises if it's the only story the movies want to tell about that character so they do it over and over again.

Batman Begins was SO GOOD. I liked it better than Dark Knight,and I really liked Dark Knight.

Yay for the movie getting good reviews so far.
Boo, and I mean BOOOO! for lifting the embargo so far in advance. This isn't even a "fear of bad reviews" issue, Disney lifted the embargo for SW:TFA just 2 days before release. Now I have to be in a super heightened state to not read anything spoilery for 3 whole weeks. Again, I say BOOO!

Back