• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Most definitely. That could be completely badass in the right hands.

whatever happened to them making movies out of random board games, that was a fun terrible trend for a couple of years

Apparently there is going to be a Hasbro Cinematic Universe.

"We learned last year that Hasbro was going to move forward with a series of interconnected films based on their various properties, such as G.I. Joe (which is getting a reboot), Micronauts, Visionaries, and M.A.S.K.. Now, per THR, a full writers room has been assembled to help develop a plan for the creation of these interconnected films and stories."

http://collider.com/hasbro-cinematic-universe-writers-room-michael-chabon/

Lol that sounds horrible

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/monopoly-movie-lionsgate-hasbro-1201532349/

Lionsgate and Hasbro are teaming up on a Monopoly movie and have tapped Andrew Niccol (“The Truman Show”) to write the screenplay.

Lionsgate and Hasbro Allspark Pictures will produce and Lionsgate will finance the film, which centers on a boy from the game’s modest Baltic Avenue on a quest to make a fortune.

http://www.themarysue.com/adam-sandler-candy-land-lawsuit/

Back in January of 2012, it was announced that Adam Sandler would produce and star in “an operatic, ‘King Lear’-like” Candy Land movie from Columbia Pictures and Hasbro. Naturally we all took this to be a sign of the impending apocalypse and calmly awaited our fates. Luckily the world didn’t end—and even better, the movie might be in trouble now if the copyright owners of the popular board game’s characters have anything to say about it.

also, while we're talking about kid-friendly properties and cinematic universes, uh:

This week brought the news that Warner Bros might be planning on creating yet another new “Cinematic Universe” revolving around the many different Hanna-Barbera animated characters and series that the studio has the rights to produce. It’s really quite an impressive list that includes (and this is nowhere near comprehensive): Captain Caveman, Dynomutt, The Flintstones, The Herculoids, Hong Kong Phooey, The Jetsons, Jonny Quest, Josie and the Pussycats, Space Ghost, and Yogi Bear. At this weekend’s Cinema Con event, Warner Bros revealed that in 2018, the movie now called S.C.O.O.B. will be the studio’s “first shot at unlocking the whole Hanna-Barbera Universe.”

I am IN on a Space Ghost movie. May a whole life biopic that follows him through his younger years as a super hero and then settles into his second career as late nite host on Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

15-space-ghost-coast-to-coast.w529.h352.jpg

I am IN on a Space Ghost movie. May a whole life biopic that follows him through his younger years as a super hero and then settles into his second career as late nite host on Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

15-space-ghost-coast-to-coast.w529.h352.jpg

Absolutely on this. Also, they used to cross over the cartoons all the time, so I already thought there was a connected universe. My big problem is that all the newer Scooby Doo cartoons have been garbage, so I have little faith that they could actually make these enjoyable.

I've been waiting for the video game movie trend to take off for over a decade now. It seems so simple. Maybe the WoW movie will spark it. Or maybe video games have gotten so good at story telling and cut scenes that movie makers feel they can't improve on anything? I know there were talks of a God of War movie as well as Starcraft, but I think they fizzled out.

No doubt the God of War movie would have been awful just like Wrath of the Titans, or Clash of the Titans, but I would have been much more likely to go see it if I knew Kratos was going to be blazing a blood soaked trail of revenge.

ETA: I guess the Prince of Persia movie was one that they attempted and failed at.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for the video game movie trend to take off for over a decade now. It seems so simple. Maybe the WoW movie will spark it. Or maybe video games have gotten so good at story telling and cut scenes that movie makers feel they can't improve on anything? I know there were talks of a God of War movie as well as Starcraft, but I think they fizzled out.

No doubt the God of War movie would have been awful just like every other one of those Greek god movies, but that still doesn't leave me any less surprised that they didn't attempt it.

Speilberg is working on Ready Player One. That will be more of an homage to all things 80s, especially video games.

There have been a ton of Resident Evil movies. I remember there being some discussion about an Uncharted movie recently. Aren't they rebooting Tomb Raider? I heard Daisy Ridley's name with the project.

Speilberg is working on Ready Player One. That will be more of an homage to all things 80s, especially video games.

There have been a ton of Resident Evil movies. I remember there being some discussion about an Uncharted movie recently. Aren't they rebooting Tomb Raider? I heard Daisy Ridley's name with the project.

Ok, yeah. You're right. I guess they just haven't been the games I wanted to see made into movies haha. I have no idea how I managed to forget all of those.

Is Ready Player One going to happen? I remember looking it up a year or so ago after I read it and they were having a nightmare with all the copyrights they would need.

ETA: I guess this answers my question: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1677720/
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/r...ielberg-tye-sheridan-plot-details-1201756471/

Awesome. I'm pumped. That book was really entertaining.

Last edited:
There have been tons of video game movies over the years. It's quite understandable if they're forgotten, I would like to bury my memory of Doom, Street Fighter and sequels, Mortal Kombat (sweet theme song though), Super Mario Bros., Final Fantasy, Silent Hill, Hitman, Prince of Persia. I could go on but I'll stop with Double Dragon. Tomb Raider and Resident Evil look like Kubrick films in comparison.

ETA - oh yeah one more so bad it has to mentioned - Dead or Alive. All they had to do was cast some babes with bouncy boobs and have them jump around, but they couldn't even do that.

I do agree with the point that movies for some games would pale in comparison. You can't make a movie more epic than Mass Effect or Starcraft. I hope those never get made into a film.

In fairness, comic properties were terrible too during the time period most of these were made. Warcraft doesn't look like it will be as awful a movie as those I mentioned above so maybe there's hope for games after all.

True confession time - Battleship is something I have trouble turning away from. I know it's the worst of the worst but it's so dumb that I can't turn away when it's on.

Last edited:
Back