• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

I suppose MDMH also wonders how Gotham continues to exist from the radiation fallout, the physics behind bringing a plane down like they did, the time Batman had to put up his firey bat symbol, a motorcycle with spinny wheels for turns, devices that emit EMPs to shut off electronics but NOT batmans, etc. etc. etc. Either that or he is hung up on something he shouldn't be.

I suppose MDMH also wonders how Gotham continues to exist from the radiation fallout, the physics behind bringing a plane down like they did, the time Batman had to put up his firey bat symbol, a motorcycle with spinny wheels for turns, devices that emit EMPs to shut off electronics but NOT batmans, etc. etc. etc. Either that or he is hung up on something he shouldn't be.

or how bane's painkiller mask works.

it's a fusion bomb, not a fission bomb...?

batman-begins1.jpg

After seeing it again, I'm even more blown away by Hardy's performance as Bane (and the Bane character in general). There's so much weight, literally and metaphorically, to the character that it takes the movie from being great to spectacular.

And the epilogue is so powerful, the triumph of the characters so great - there simply is no better way for this story to have ended.

I still can't decide whether I liked TDKR better than TDK. I'll have to wait for it to be not as fresh in my mind, considering I've probably watched TDK at least a dozen times. But its much, much closer than I could've imagined. They're 1 and 1a for sure.

Going to see it again tonight because I felt bad for all the popcorn I didn't get to eat while trying to catch every detail in the first viewing.

Just saw it. The end was incredible.

He's definitely still alive, he probably just jumped out when the building blew and then had the autopilot on.

Nolan rocks.

Just saw it. The end was incredible.

He's definitely still alive, he probably just jumped out when the building blew and then had the autopilot on.

Nolan rocks.

Watched it again tonight. He had to have jumped out in the ocean. He was clearly still in the Bat after he blew up the building. They showed him in it up until about 10 seconds before the bomb went off.

Hardy just nailed Bane. Watching it a second time, I developed even more of an appreciation for what he did.

In other movie franchise news, it's been announced that the sequel to X-Men: First Class is titled X-Men: Days of Future Past, suggesting that the story will be based on the story from the comics.

In other movie franchise news, it's been announced that the sequel to X-Men: First Class is titled X-Men: Days of Future Past, suggesting that the story will be based on the story from the comics.

Not sure how I feel about that. I don't think you'll see Kitty, Wolverine, or Rachel Summers in this version, so it's not likely to be a very faithful adaptation. Plus it seems odd to jump right in to time travel after First Class.

Agreed. I don't think they really have a plan other than to keep the franchise from reverting back to Marvel. I would have been fine with them just doing a story about another generation of mutants fighting against another major X-Men villain. Mr. Sinister would have been pretty cool, but I'll settle for Sentinels.

I kind of get why they want to do that story, because the Brotherhood attempting to assasinate a US Senator plays well as an early Magneto vs Xavier storyline. I'm just not sure if the futuristic part of it will really play well with the same audience who enjoyed First Class. Part of what made First Class so good was that it was sort of a period piece. The sequel would be a period piece with a futuristic angle? Seems like a strange direction to go if you want to maintain the success of the first one.

Funny you posted that because my wife and I just watched X-Men First Class for the first time last night. I loved it, I thought it was better than the original trilogy and I was hoping they were going to continue a franchise with these characters/actors. Fassbender was all kinds of badass.

Funny you posted that because my wife and I just watched X-Men First Class for the first time last night. I loved it, I thought it was better than the original trilogy and I was hoping they were going to continue a franchise with these characters/actors. Fassbender was all kinds of badass.

Agreed

I kind of get why they want to do that story, because the Brotherhood attempting to assasinate a US Senator plays well as an early Magneto vs Xavier storyline. I'm just not sure if the futuristic part of it will really play well with the same audience who enjoyed First Class. Part of what made First Class so good was that it was sort of a period piece. The sequel would be a period piece with a futuristic angle? Seems like a strange direction to go if you want to maintain the success of the first one.

If the future is now, yes.

Back