• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

If the future is now, yes.

Ya know, I don't know if the original story (written in what...1983?) ever mentions when the future takes place. It's a very Terminator-style future, although I guess 2012 wouldn't have been such a far fetched number in 1983.

This movie could be set in the 70s/early 80s with a future set in the 00s or current time.

Fassbender was awesome in First Class. Actually everyone was awesome in First Class - even Kevin Bacon - except for January Jones. Here's hoping they pull a Katie Holmes and recast that role.

Fassbender and McAvoy had great chemistry as friends who ultimately become antagonists. Should be interesting to see a full film where they oppose each other.

Katie Holmes as Emma Frost would be terrible casting. They need some saucy British blonde with a ton of attitude.

Fassbender was awesome in First Class. Actually everyone was awesome in First Class - even Kevin Bacon - except for January Jones. Here's hoping they pull a Katie Holmes and recast that role.

Fassbender and McAvoy had great chemistry as friends who ultimately become antagonists. Should be interesting to see a full film where they oppose each other.
Yeah, I thought Kevin Bacon was great too. He makes a helluva heartless son of a bitch when he wants to.

And I didn't mind January Jones when she wasn't, you know, talking.

emma-frost-january-jones-x-men-first-class-1.jpg

Katie Holmes as Emma Frost would be terrible casting. They need some saucy British blonde with a ton of attitude.

I wasn't suggesting they cast Katie Holmes. I was suggesting they "pull a Katie Holmes" and recast the role. Like with Rachel in TDK.

Wouldn't mind Sienna Miller in that role. Wouldn't mind at all.

Christpher Eccleston will be Malekith, Thor's villain in #2. That works for me.

I've never seen a movie with such a mix of great acting and bad acting -- Fassbender, McAvoy, Bacon -- great. January Jones, Jennifer Lawrence, and the rest of the kids other than the kid who played Beast -- absolutely terrible.

Jennifer Lawrence...mmm.

Every time I see her from now on I'll see her saying "I volunteer! I volunteer to be tribute!" Even that was poorly acted.

Winter's Bone was great tho.

Jennifer Lawrence...mmm.

Every time I see her from now on I'll see her saying "I volunteer! I volunteer to be tribute!" Even that was poorly acted.

Winter's Bone was great tho.

The acting in Hunger Games was pretty lackluster.

I've never seen a movie with such a mix of great acting and bad acting -- Fassbender, McAvoy, Bacon -- great. January Jones, Jennifer Lawrence, and the rest of the kids other than the kid who played Beast -- absolutely terrible.

Agreed. So much of it worked really well. So much of it didn't. Still don't know why they didn't just clean break with the other films and do a similar plot with the original 5 from the comics: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Iceman, and Angel.

Now that TDKR and Avengers have done their thing this summer, I can't help but wonder if there is going to be some comic movie fatigue.

Well, as I mentioned upthread, until Iron Man 3 comes out next spring, there is only "Dredd" and I'm sure most people don't even associate that with a comic book, rather just a crappy Stallone movie.

Let's get back to TDKR.

It was awesome. I'd see it again.

Seen it twice, second time in IMAX. Completely transforms the movie to see it in IMAX, and makes you appreciate the scale of what Nolan built. The sound (score, sound effects, BASS) stole the show.

Back