• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

huh? he wasnt on there. he had actually fixed the autopilot

I thought he could program the autopilot to do that and have it drop in the water right before detonation to prevent fallout going everywhere. And underwater nukes look pretty awesome going off.

I thought he could program the autopilot to do that and have it drop in the water right before detonation to prevent fallout going everywhere. And underwater nukes look pretty awesome going off.

No fallout involved... they said it was a neutron bomb.

The first fight scene between Bane and Batman was amazing. One thing that was lacking (in comparison to BB/TDK) was witty dialogue from Fox and Alfred. The Florence storyline was a nice way to wrap things up but there were no laugh-out-loud moments from these guys. ('So let me get this straight, you're trying to blackmail a vigilante? Good luck...' and 'What is the point of all those push-ups if you can't lift up a bloody log?' are personal favorites.)

Saw it this past weekend. I liked it, but it was too long. Didnt need 45 mins of Batman in the pit prison while everyone back in gotham sat and whined.

My only other gripe was after dude beats up Bane and is super ass kicking form, Talia or whatever is able to sneak up on him (nobody sneaks up on Batman), and stick some tiny knife perfectly into a gap in his body armor. Besides the unlikelyhood of that event, instead of turning around, bitchslapping her into next week, and removing the knife, he decides to let her hold the knife in his side while she takes 10 minutes to tell yet another corny comicbook monologue back story.

That bugged me more than him using the autopilot.

The first fight scene between Bane and Batman was amazing. One thing that was lacking (in comparison to BB/TDK) was witty dialogue from Fox and Alfred. The Florence storyline was a nice way to wrap things up but there were no laugh-out-loud moments from these guys. ('So let me get this straight, you're trying to blackmail a vigilante? Good luck...' and 'What is the point of all those push-ups if you can't lift up a bloody log?' are personal favorites.)

I always liked, "Even on that day, I won't want to. [Begin walking out] But I did bloody tell you"

just saw this yesterday. thought it was pretty awesome, not as good as 2 but still monte. Not sure how I avoided the spoiler but did not see the chick double crossing him at all. I called the rope thing on the escape though.

Why does everyone assume that he jumped or fell out of the Bat at the end? Considering how sophisticated it was supposed to be, don't you think that they built an ejector seat or pod into it like they did with the Bat Pod out of the Tumbler?

Why does everyone assume that he jumped or fell out of the Bat at the end? Considering how sophisticated it was supposed to be, don't you think that they built an ejector seat or pod into it like they did with the Bat Pod out of the Tumbler?

I just thought you would have seen something like that.

I agree with The Stig. You know Fox put some sophisticated shit in there (although Bruce did have to put in the autopilot himself). But they couldn't show it because then that would ruin the flow and surprise of the ending of the movie and the rest of the reveals. If we saw him ejecting it changes the story line.

I saw this on Sunday and enjoyed it a lot. I still liked 2 a bit better (The Joker was just so awesome), but this was very very good, and I don't necessarily consider myself a comic movie lover (I did really enjoy The Avengers as well though).

I am certainly able to willingly suspend my disbelief about a lot of things, and was fine with a lot of the crazy plot questions here (how he got back into Gotham, etc), but the one thing that bothered me was the lack of continuity when it came to day/night. Like they are in the stock exchange in, presumably, the middle of the day, yet the chase scene immediately after (during the "8 minute download") happens all at night. And then at the end when we learn there are 45 min before the bomb will go off it is night time, yet the whole end with the truck chase and carrying the bomb off to the ocean happen in the day time. Didn't in any way ruin the movie, but I thought it could've been done a bit more carefully.

And yes, I know it was a big plot driver, but really, who sends their ENTIRE police force underground all at once marching in like some Civil War era army? :wtf:

I agree with The Stig. You know Fox put some sophisticated shit in there (although Bruce did have to put in the autopilot himself). But they couldn't show it because then that would ruin the flow and surprise of the ending of the movie and the rest of the reveals. If we saw him ejecting it changes the story line.

I saw this on Sunday and enjoyed it a lot. I still liked 2 a bit better (The Joker was just so awesome), but this was very very good, and I don't necessarily consider myself a comic movie lover (I did really enjoy The Avengers as well though).

I am certainly able to willingly suspend my disbelief about a lot of things, and was fine with a lot of the crazy plot questions here (how he got back into Gotham, etc), but the one thing that bothered me was the lack of continuity when it came to day/night. Like they are in the stock exchange in, presumably, the middle of the day, yet the chase scene immediately after (during the "8 minute download") happens all at night. And then at the end when we learn there are 45 min before the bomb will go off it is night time, yet the whole end with the truck chase and carrying the bomb off to the ocean happen in the day time. Didn't in any way ruin the movie, but I thought it could've been done a bit more carefully.

This one KILLED me.

You guys really love picking nits. Why not go back to the first two films and find minute details that don't align (there are plenty of them in both)? That way you can find a way to not fully enjoy all three films.

You guys really love picking nits. Why not go back to the first two films and find minute details that don't align (there are plenty of them in both)? That way you can find a way to not fully enjoy all three films.

As I said, I still enjoyed the movie a lot. And yes, I'm sure there were lots of details in the last two (and in other movies) that didn't align. However, the day/night thing was noticeable enough to me in this one that I mentioned it to LadyDeacToy twice during the actual movie. It's rare that I notice something that stands out to me enough in a movie as a continuity error that I bother to point it out while watching. And more that it just seemed like something that could've been remedied easily enough if they were paying attention :noidea:

one that bothered me was how in TDK when the Joker said he'd blow up the bridges and tunnels they show cops inspecting a short bridge over the Chicago (Gotham?) River, but in this one you see massive suspension bridges blowing up. I assume those were in NYC. you could just tell in TDK how it was essentially Chicago, but this time with Pittsburgh and NYC used it sorta jumbled up how the city looked overall.

one that bothered me was how in TDK when the Joker said he'd blow up the bridges and tunnels they show cops inspecting a short bridge over the Chicago (Gotham?) River, but in this one you see massive suspension bridges blowing up. I assume those were in NYC. you could just tell in TDK how it was essentially Chicago, but this time with Pittsburgh and NYC used it sorta jumbled up how the city looked overall.

I just had my 2nd viewing yesterday to see it in IMAX and I have to say this was a prevailing thought for me this time, with some Los Angeles mixed in (the motorcycle chase scene). I need to rewatch BB because I remember it having a more distinct "Gotham" feel rather than hey look it's NY, now Pittsburgh, now LA. If there's one thing the Burton movies had over these Nolan movies it was the look and feel of Gotham.

Maybe he ejected when he blew up the building so that no one would know. If we're going this far, then how did Batman sneak to the middle of a very crowded room and surprise the Joker? None of the party goers saw him? What about henchmen? Was everyone systematically slaughtered after Batman dove out the window to save Rachel? We didn't see that either but no one assumes that it happened.

Maybe he ejected when he blew up the building so that no one would know. If we're going this far, then how did Batman sneak to the middle of a very crowded room and surprise the Joker? None of the party goers saw him? What about henchmen? Was everyone systematically slaughtered after Batman dove out the window to save Rachel? We didn't see that either but no one assumes that it happened.

I assumed he came in fast. Everyone was distracted by the Joker about to slice Rachel up. Batman then grapples back up to the penthouse, and joker runs away. Not too far fetched.

Back