• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Anybody get the Avengers DVD?

Need to get that DeacHead. I'm behind on my animated movies.

I'm ordering Avenger with Amazon Prime tomorrow.

Really need to see TDK Returns, too. The graphic novel is pretty nuts.

Anybody get the Avengers DVD?

Need to get that DeacHead. I'm behind on my animated movies.

Blu-Ray should be here next week.

I kind of dig the commercials for the Green Arrow show on the CW. Thoughts?

Agree about Arrow. I'll give it a look.

Anyone seen TDKR Part 1 yet? I've seen it in stores and been tempted to buy it, but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

Not yet. I have a long backlog of TV shows and movies to catch up on.

I don't want to hijack but I figure people who watch a lot of TV also post in this thread.

Anyone else really sad about Last Resort not being any good? I thought the Pilot was a B+ but the 2nd episode sucked hard. I deleted my season pass and I love me some Shawn Ryan.

There is a Last Resort thread.

I don't want to hijack but I figure people who watch a lot of TV also post in this thread.

Anyone else really sad about Last Resort not being any good? I thought the Pilot was a B+ but the 2nd episode sucked hard. I deleted my season pass and I love me some Shawn Ryan.

I have enjoyed Last Resort so far. Still on my DVR schedule. The one I am getting ready to dump is Revolution. I was really hoping for something great and it is, at its best moments, run of the mill. Its other moments, and there are lots of them, just make me question just how much JJ Abrams is involved with a show that stupid.

Watched Avengers again, albeit on a plane to Europe. After a second viewing, I was less impressed. Once the novelty of "oh wow, a bunch of superheroes in the same movie!" wears off, it becomes another bloated action movie with too many one-liners and too many "let's let RDJ be snarky" moments.

My enjoyment of Ruffalo as Banner increased, however. Wish they would've spent more time on him.

Anyone seen TDKR Part 1 yet? I've seen it in stores and been tempted to buy it, but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

Yeah, I saw it. Using a simple thumbs up/down scale, I eagerly give it thumbs up. At the end, it was somewhat unsatisfying for it not living up to the source material, but that's an unfair expecation. I can't wait for #2 for one of my own favorite comic moments, when Batman shows just what a bad-ass he is.

As to Green Arrow, I guess I'll check it out after all. I saw one preview a few weeks ago that just made me say "nope". I'm still skeptical but will give an ep or 2 a chance.

Revolution I'll keep watching even though I find it increasingly ridiculous. It looks like my prediction of it being cancelled in 8 weeks or so is not going to come true. Ratings are declining week to week though.

Yeah, I saw it. Using a simple thumbs up/down scale, I eagerly give it thumbs up. At the end, it was somewhat unsatisfying for it not living up to the source material, but that's an unfair expecation. I can't wait for #2 for one of my own favorite comic moments, when Batman shows just what a bad-ass he is.

As to Green Arrow, I guess I'll check it out after all. I saw one preview a few weeks ago that just made me say "nope". I'm still skeptical but will give an ep or 2 a chance.

Revolution I'll keep watching even though I find it increasingly ridiculous. It looks like my prediction of it being cancelled in 8 weeks or so is not going to come true. Ratings are declining week to week though.

If he kicks the ass of who he does in the source material, it'll be worth it just for that.

I have enjoyed Last Resort so far. Still on my DVR schedule. The one I am getting ready to dump is Revolution. I was really hoping for something great and it is, at its best moments, run of the mill. Its other moments, and there are lots of them, just make me question just how much JJ Abrams is involved with a show that stupid.

Of course you enjoyed it. It's red meat for right wing fruit bats that long for secession. Oooooh weeeeeeee, this is what would happen if Texas ever got it's own NUKLAR program!

http://www.hitfix.com/news/clark-gregg-will-return-as-agent-coulson-on-s-h-i-e-l-d-tv-show

Looks like Agent Coulson will be in the new SHIELD TV show. Since it's supposed to be set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, this establishes it as a prequel to The Avengers.

Interesting. I had wondered how Coulson would be handled going forward in Avengers (I assume you know the rumors floating out there re: his character). It'll be good to see him as part of the television show. I always thought they needed someone (I had suggested Maria Hill) to help viewers make the connection to the Marvel U.

Some updates from Marvel, including the official synopsis for the next Thor:

Marvel’s "Thor: The Dark World" continues the big screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel’s "Thor" and "Marvel’s The Avengers," Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos...but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/19555/marvel_studios_update_thor_iron_man_ant-man#ixzz29O1bdeJ7

Interesting. I had wondered how Coulson would be handled going forward in Avengers (I assume you know the rumors floating out there re: his character). It'll be good to see him as part of the television show. I always thought they needed someone (I had suggested Maria Hill) to help viewers make the connection to the Marvel U.

Yeah. I think I've posted those rumors on this thread. I also posted that it made complete sense for Coulson and/or Hill to be involved in this project, especially if it didn't take place after The Avengers. Unlike Sam L and the Avengers, Gregg and Smulders are established TV actors who wouldn't be moving "down" to do TV.

Speaking of what DC does have going on, I just finished watching "Arrow". I have to say it exceeded my expectations. Of course my expectations were rock bottom because, even though previews indicated differently, I was half expecting something like the Smallville character with his own show. Meaning some hunk spending half the time with his shirt off and speaking in a Batman voice when he happened to have his shirt on.

Lots of fanboy nods - Deathstroke's mask. Speedy doing drugs. A nod to a prior artist/writer (Judge Grell), which is standard these days.

I'll give it another watch.

As for Marvel news, I did groan a bit seeing an Ant-Man movie was coming out, but Wright, the director also directed Scott Pilgrim and Shaun of the Dead. So a wacky, off-beat Ant-Man just might work. Maybe.

Back