• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

They've had the big lights up filming at the Port quite a bit the past few months... I'm assuming it's Iron Man 3 they're filming over there.

They've had the big lights up filming at the Port quite a bit the past few months... I'm assuming it's Iron Man 3 they're filming over there.

Isn't Revolution filmed in Wilmington too? I would think Iron Man 3 is in post-production now.

Awesome! The teaser got me pumped. You can always expect good things from Kingsley. I was half expecting Ludacris to be War Machine this time, I thought they might be cycling through the black guys from "Crash" for the role. I do have to say I get a tad skeptical about dual villain movies, they seem to fail (Spidey 3, 90s Batman 3 & 4, Daredevil) more than they work (Nolan Batmans).

Hey Deadbolt, would you rate "My Monsters" as high as the other arcs you mentioned? I just put all those you mentioned in my Comixology cart, to hopefully buy later if they go on sale.

Check this out... Justice League movie is ON: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=68886

Awesome! The teaser got me pumped. You can always expect good things from Kingsley. I was half expecting Ludacris to be War Machine this time, I thought they might be cycling through the black guys from "Crash" for the role. I do have to say I get a tad skeptical about dual villain movies, they seem to fail (Spidey 3, 90s Batman 3 & 4, Daredevil) more than they work (Nolan Batmans).

Hey Deadbolt, would you rate "My Monsters" as high as the other arcs you mentioned? I just put all those you mentioned in my Comixology cart, to hopefully buy later if they go on sale.

Check this out... Justice League movie is ON: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=68886

My Monsters is a little bit fragmented, but there's some good stuff in there. The one shot of Tony in an AA meeting (I think from issue #500) was good. It plays a little like an interlude between the Dark Reign year and the Fear Itself year.

I think it is good they get them out so quick. I think it would lose some momentum and interest if they only came out every 4 or 5 years.

I think it is good they get them out so quick. I think it would lose some momentum and interest if they only came out every 4 or 5 years.

Agreed. The pacing of the Marvel movies has been impressive.

Iron ManMay 2, 2008
The Incredible HulkJune 13, 2008
Iron Man 2May 7, 2010
ThorApril 21, 2011
Captain America: The First AvengerJuly 22, 2011
Marvel's The AvengersMay 4, 2012
[h=4]In production[/h]
Iron Man 3May 3, 2013[SUP][17][/SUP]
Thor: The Dark World[SUP][21][/SUP]November 8, 2013[SUP][22][/SUP]
[h=4]Announced[/h]
Captain America: The Winter Soldier[SUP][21][/SUP]April 4, 2014[SUP][25][/SUP]
Guardians of the Galaxy[SUP][21][/SUP]August 1, 2014[SUP][21][/SUP]
The Avengers 2[SUP][31][/SUP]May 1, 2015[SUP][32][/SUP]
Ant-Man[SUP][34][/SUP]November 6, 2015[SUP][35][/SUP]

Looks like they're going to go no more than a year between films from now on. Somewhat surprised we're not getting a Hulk movie before Avengers 2, but it may be best if he's a surprise supporting character in some of the other films. I think Ruffalo could carry a movie, but I'm not sure Hulk could. Curious what the 2016 slate looks like. Crazy that we can think that far in advance.

Iron ManMay 2, 2008
Iron Man 2May 7, 2010
ThorApril 21, 2011
[h=4]In production[/h]
[h=4]Announced[/h]

Looks like they're going to go no more than a year between films from now on. Somewhat surprised we're not getting a Hulk movie before Avengers 2, but it may be best if he's a surprise supporting character in some of the other films. I think Ruffalo could carry a movie, but I'm not sure Hulk could. Curious what the 2016 slate looks like. Crazy that we can think that far in advance.

Hulk is my favorite superhero, but his problem, like Superman's, is that it is tough to develop an antagonist. Inevitably they are too weak to be interesting or too powerful to develop as a character without destroying the entire world. Planet Hulk is probably the most compelling Hulk storyline, but I don't know that the general public could embrace it yet. Maybe with Thanos and the Guardians of the Galaxy, they could ease into it.

Well said. I'm eager to see Ruffalo as Banner again but it would be the third Hulk movie.

Well said. I'm eager to see Ruffalo as Banner again but it would be the third Hulk movie.

Depending on how the Avengers 2 goes, I could see it leading to Planet Hulk. The other inevitable problems with stand-alone Hulk movies is that the best storylines make Hulk a villain of sorts (with Banner being the hero). I think that makes a compelling story, but for kids it's not as marketable as the boy scout hero image. Hulk is a gravy train right now for licensing, and I think keeping him in a support role in the Avengers movies keeps that train flowing.

Depending on how the Avengers 2 goes, I could see it leading to Planet Hulk. The other inevitable problems with stand-alone Hulk movies is that the best storylines make Hulk a villain of sorts (with Banner being the hero). I think that makes a compelling story, but for kids it's not as marketable as the boy scout hero image. Hulk is a gravy train right now for licensing, and I think keeping him in a support role in the Avengers movies keeps that train flowing.

A planet Hulk/World War Hulk story line would be fantastic, but I'm going to guess they'll angle for a storyline in a third Avengers movie that will involve Ultron. That's purely a guess, but like you said, those really good Hulk stories don't paint him as any kind of hero.

A planet Hulk/World War Hulk story line would be fantastic, but I'm going to guess they'll angle for a storyline in a third Avengers movie that will involve Ultron. That's purely a guess, but like you said, those really good Hulk stories don't paint him as any kind of hero.

"Godless killing machine with significant inner conflict" doesn't exactly sell action figures.

Iron ManMay 2, 2008
Iron Man 2May 7, 2010
ThorApril 21, 2011
[h=4]In production[/h]
[h=4]Announced[/h]

I wish they would invest in more marvel characters for movies. I like Cap and IM, but I have never really cared for Hulk or Thor. They have been putting a Dead Pool movie off for a while now. It is suppose to feature Ryan Reynolds after his character in the Wolverine movie. I want to see Venom and Carnage all over spider man. My favorite comic books as a kid were the ones where all the heroes came together to fight a big baddie like Galactus.

I wish they would invest in more marvel characters for movies. I like Cap and IM, but I have never really cared for Hulk or Thor. They have been putting a Dead Pool movie off for a while now. It is suppose to feature Ryan Reynolds after his character in the Wolverine movie. I want to see Venom and Carnage all over spider man. My favorite comic books as a kid were the ones where all the heroes came together to fight a big baddie like Galactus.

Marvel Studios doesn't have the rights to any of those three characters you listed, so that will be hard to do.

Yesssss

I'm a big Daredevil fan. I think he's one of the most interesting yet under appreciated characters in all of comics. The Frank Miller run is the stuff of legends. It's easily as impactful and poignant emotionally as what Nolan did with Batman.

I pitched a rom-com comic movie (starring me as me and Chic as my mom - don't ask) to Michael Bay last week. Stay tuned.

I've been very impressed with Arrow so far. I went into it with very low expectations but I've been enjoying it a lot.

I still haven't watched it. I would fire up the DVR tonight if I didn't have multiple fantasy players going tonight.

Back