• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Yeah. You’re mad your fan fics didn’t make it on the screen.

Wait until Rey’s Shitty Parents: A Star Wars Story.

i get to see the solo movie on 5/24

i'll let you cats know how it ends! darth!

"Bad writing" = Writing that doesn't match your fan fics.

Anyway, we have a Star Wars thread. This thread isn't for that.

The start of tonight's Flash was fun. Made it worth it that they heavily ripped off the first season of Heroes.

Finn and Rose two irrelevant characters joining forcing for irrelevant action and boredom

pretty sure that whole thing was, for the third time in the movie, to show that wacky, hero missions and individual sacrifice don't get the job done.

but yeah, dumb adventure, boring characters

With how underwhelming the Star Wars franchise has been, I think it’s arguable that the greatest asset Disney has is Kevin Feige.

With how underwhelming the Star Wars franchise has been, I think it’s arguable that the greatest asset Disney has is Kevin Feige.

Rogue One was phenomenal. I think I need to rewatch Force Awakens and Last Jedi again to full evaluate them but I loved Rogue One.

"Bad writing" = Writing that doesn't match your fan fics.

Anyway, we have a Star Wars thread. This thread isn't for that.

The start of tonight's Flash was fun. Made it worth it that they heavily ripped off the first season of Heroes.

You seriously think that movie was well written?

As “well written” as any Star Wars film.

That's awesome. I'm hoping there's going to be an actual Batwoman show and that it's just not a one time crossover event kind of deal.

Do they need a 6th CW show?

There's a DC streaming service coming soon. Perhaps the show could go there. Doom Patrol, btw, is a confirmed show for the service, which gives them +1 point for getting me to consider subscribing. That puts the total score at 1 point (probably need about 7).

Actually, this is probably what the ongoing model will be. Introduce a new character in a big crossover event. If s/he gets a good reception, find a spot for the character later, maybe start off in Legends. I wouldn't be surprised to see a cancellation or two of existing shows to make way for someone like Batwoman, if the schedule is too tight.

maybe berlanti is trying to launch his own network

That would be funny if WB wasn’t launching a streaming site. I could see them incorporating Batwoman into a crossover and then making you pay for her show.

Encouraging article about Cloak and Dagger (June 7 8 pm on Freeform):
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/cloa...d-dagger-a-different-approach-to-superhero-tv

Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger is coming to Freeform this June, but don’t be fooled by the fact that the network formerly known as ABC Family is airing this paired superhero show. Although the series doesn’t reach Netflix levels of adult content, the series was created by Joe Pokaski, the Daredevil executive producer who famously wrote the episode in which Fisk uses a car door in a brutal and fatal fashion. As Cloak and Dagger depicts the origin story of Tyrone Johnson (Aubrey Joseph) as “Cloak” and Tandy Bowen (Olivia Holt) as “Dagger” gaining their powers, the tale will be told in a manner unlike any other comic-based show on cable, network television, or streaming service.

“I don’t really think in terms of target audience,” explains Pokaski. “I’ll be angry if there aren’t 50-year-old men watching this show. I’m hoping a lot of people that go to the Marvel brand go to Cloak and Dagger… We don’t try to be too gratuitous, but we want to sell the world as a place that needs superheroes, particularly New Orleans. And both Marvel and Freeform have been completely on board with how real and how gritty we want to do it… there wasn’t a single thing in Cloak and Dagger where I tried to push the envelope where anyone brushed me off the plate.”

Back