• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

I enjoyed Deadpool 2 at least as much as the original.

1: I definitely got baited hard by the trailers with the trailers when it came to X Force being a relevant team. One of my primary concerns was that the trailers gave away too much, and that obviously wasn't the case considering a large portion of them weren't actual footage used.

2: Apparently Brad Pitt was The Vanisher, and was originally cast to play Cable, but they couldn't get his schedule to work.

3: Matt Damon was one of the hicks on the back of the truck talking about toilet paper.

4: I know I'm going off on a tangent here, but after Shatterstar mentioned that he was from the "Mojo-world", I got irrationally excited that they were going to some how bring Mojo into the fold. Much like when I thought Mojo could be the villain in Legion (before they revealed him to be the Shadow King), I figured that Deadpool was just bizarre enough of a world to bring him into. Throw in that there is a plot where Mojo captures Domino, and I had it all planned out; alas, no dice.

Last edited:
I laughed every time at "Hi Yukio!" "Hi Wade!"

Leave it to Deadpool to just casual drop the first openly LGBTQ superheroes into a film. The girl who plays Negasonic Teenage Warhead was gorgeous.

I left the film very excited about the prospects of Deadpool 3 in Mojoworld.

Apparently Terry Crews filmed his bit for Deadpool in one day. His family didn't even know he was in the film. Brad Pitt filmed his in two hours.

Leave it to Deadpool to just casual drop the first openly LGBTQ superheroes into a film. The girl who plays Negasonic Teenage Warhead was gorgeous.

She is gorgeous. IRL she is openly lesbian, which is why they put that storyline in the film.

So it's been a week. I'm going to call it. We can talk about the Arrow season finale.

So much potential for next season. Been hearing about this film that never got made for years.

So it's been a week. I'm going to call it. We can talk about the Arrow season finale.

So much potential for next season. Been hearing about this film that never got made for years.

Exactly what I was thinking, too, when that final scene played out.

I just hope the next season starts with Team Arrow and Diaz both picking up the pieces of their operations and Oliver in Supermax and stays there for a few episodes. One of last season’s storylines was about John taking over the team and the tension with Oliver. Let us see John lead the team for awhile. Let’s see Oliver navigate Supermax and build relationships.

I'm really excited not so much for the supermax storyline but for the idea that Oliver is finally going to grow the goatee.

Another glowing review of Cloak & Dagger.
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/05/24/cloak-and-dagger-review-freeform-marvel-series/

“What no one can gripe about however, are the performances by the show's leads, who are absolutely electrifying. Both of these young actors bring a level of emotion that no one else in the cast can match, and use their talents to connect to the audience on a much deeper level than anyone expects.

Make no mistake, Holt and Joseph are a force to be reckoned with. Their chemistry is outstanding, and they steal every single scene they're in. Theirs are the new faces of superhero television.”

I left the film very excited about the prospects of Deadpool 3 in Mojoworld.

Apparently Terry Crews filmed his bit for Deadpool in one day. His family didn't even know he was in the film. Brad Pitt filmed his in two hours.

I enjoyed it too. The baby legs scene....I laughed like a maniac. So did the whole theater. Not quite as good as Deadpool 1 as it is not as fresh now that we know the Reynolds/Deadpool formula, and it had some slow parts which could have been cut out, but a solid sequel with really great post ending credit scenes.

Briana Hildebrand (who plays Negasonic) is gay so that was a natural way to introduce some legit diversity. Wikipedia:

Of her sexuality and identity, Hildebrand has stated “I am lucky to say now that it is not frightening for me living in LA to be gay. Even when I was in Texas, I wasn’t afraid. I was kind of out in high school,” she continues. “I just could never decide on what label. I am glad that I am public about it and I think I should be."

I don't think wonder woman was a mild success. Especially if you have a daughter... or niece... A mother.

It was very successful on every measure. It made more money domestic than all but the top 4 grossing MCU films (BP and all three Avengers). It was the 7th highest gross comic book adaptation of all time.

It was a critical success (the only in the DCEU). It was a cultural touchstone. I don't know why they don't just hand the reigns to Patty Jenkins.

I had no idea Kristen Wiig was cast as Cheeta. That's interesting. I also didn't know WW2 was coming out next year. Didn't know Shazam was coming out in April either or that Zachary Levi was playing the title role.

Last edited:
Back