• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

I'm actually looking forward to this X Men movie and I think Capt America has a chance to be good, concerned about the Hornet.

I'm skeptical that "The Latino Review" is going to scoop all the geek sites that live and breathe this stuff.

They can make a whole movie about the Cosmic Cube, no need to introduce Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet, especially since the Infinity Gauntlet needs everybody on board - Avengers, FF, X-Men, everybody"]

If you think those are loaded questions, you gotta admit your original statement is pretty loaded. You could have just said. "I'm not familiar with that site" or gone to the site to see that they have geeks who live for that stuff as well.

All of my comic book friends don't like that the Avengers movie will be about that thing.

It seems like a lot of stuff in that movie. It is good that several of the main characters will be well established. The Hulk didn't really need it, but Iron Man and Thor should be well-understood by the time Avengers comes around. It would be a good move to make short films about Hawkeye and Pym and Wasp before to introduce the characters either to be released online or as bonus material in the Thor and/or Captain America DVDs assuming they're on the team in the movie.

It looks like at least one of the key villains is pretty established as well. That's pretty good going into such a big movie.

Was Hawkeye in a movie before Thor? That could be an excellent character right there.

Not that I know of. He didn't even shoot an arrow in Thor. The movie world is missing a badass archer. With current movie technology, Marvel and DC should have been rushing to get Hawkeye and Green Arrow to the theaters.

Was Hawkeye in a movie before Thor? That could be an excellent character right there.

No, that was his first movie appearance.

Personally I don't think the Hawkeye character is strong enough to carry a movie by himself.

Is this one worth going to after the disaster that was Wolverine?

The movie is in three days, and is still rocking a 97% on RT. Yes, it will be better. It could be spectacular.

And no, Hawkeye is not enough to carry a movie by himself. Excellent supporting character, though. Same goes for characters such as Hank Pym, The Vision, and the Scarlet Witch.

Ironically, the only guy who gave it a negative review admits that he was wrong for his positive review of Wolverine. God that movie sucked. It's like they wanted to kill the franchise similar to X3 and Spiderman 3.

Here's that part of his review:
"Before you call me out on it, yes, it’s true, I did indeed give Wolverine a positive review back in 2009. It was a different time! Barack Obama had just become president! We were all filled with blind hope! I recognise my wrongs now, and see many of the same issues present once again in X-Men: First Class."

The comments are hilarious:
--Simon, you are completely wrong. how dare you use an excuse to justify your wrong doings with wolverine. You are an incompetent fool who view films like a 10 year old who has an attention span of melon. If you want a rise action go watch the Scary movie franchise. that should be a treat for your taste bud. Idiot!

--Hey, guess what?…you can’t change your Wolverine point of view in one sentence, you HACK, to to make the current review more relevant!!!! HACK! This guy is now the “Benedict Arnold” of film critics..

Last edited:
Yeah, I think Hawkeye ends up stealing the show in the Avengers, then they royally screw up his own movie.

Actually, I'm not sure what the plan is after Avengers. I think they have a trilogy set up.

Actually, I'm not sure what the plan is after Avengers. I think they have a trilogy set up.

Gotta think Spidey shows up to help the gang out eventually right?

That's the one Avengers comic book I'd always buy.

I don't think that's possible due to Sony's rights to Spiderman. Same with Fox and the X-Men and Fantastic Four.

I'd love it if Marvel Studios had all of their characters.

A huge Marvel Universe crossover (think Secret Wars/Siege/House of M/Infinity War) would be awesome and I'd love to see it. But, as Ph said, due to the rights situation, don't bet on it.

Plus, they wouldn't randomly throw a non-traditional Avenger into the storyline this early in the franchise. They'll stick with more traditional Avengers. I hate the fact that the current run of Avengers has Spiderman, Wolverine, and Thing as members. Do like having Ms. Marvel and Luke Cage on the team, though.

Gotta think Spidey shows up to help the gang out eventually right?

That's the one Avengers comic book I'd always buy.

Spider-Man is a current Avengers team member, as well as a member of the Fantastic Four (re-named Freedom Foundation following the death of Johnny Storm).

Here's a video that probably means nothing, but I would love to see a movie with this character:

I finally saw Thor this week. Did not think it was that good. Not bad, but not very good.

The scenes in Asgaard and Frost Giant land played fine, but the ones on Earth were super corny. All the gods walking around in new mexico was too much. Reminded me of that awful live action He-Man movie from the 80s.

Thor is just too hard to pull off.

Don't know if anybody here played Batman: Arkham Asylum, but the sequel Arkham City looks sick. Just released today that 10% of the game is playing with Catwoman. Good shots of Joker and Two-Face as well.

Back