• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

There are a ton of comics movies (Thor, Green Lantern, Captain America) coming out this summer as well as TV shows in development (Wonder Woman, Hulk) and some excellent cartoons on now (Young Justice, Avengers) and interesting ones in development (Ultimate Spider-man, Thundercats). This thread is for upcoming projects that don't necessary warrant their own thread. I'll change the thread title for new releases, for example, Thor comes out on May 6.

I'll add a list of upcoming projects that may be of interest.

Apparently Thor is already released in overseas markets and has great reviews, 21 of 23 fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. This is great to hear because the trailers looked less than impressive.

X-Men: First Class comes out June 3.
Green Lantern comes out June 17.

I'll try a spoiler rule. No spoilers for the first weekend the movie is out. For TV shows, comics, video games, etc. just use your best judgment. Thanks.

Just citing the first post on this thread from back in April 2011. Back then a "ton" was three movies. It's hard to keep track of everything out now. I caught up on JJ and Luke Cage. I'm catching up on Cloak & Dagger now. I guess I'll catch up with Preacher at some point. Hasn't been any talk here about it though.

We haven't talked much about Ant-Man and the Wasp. I thought it was good. Lower-tier MCU. Probably not as good as Ant-Man, but better than the bottom tier (Incredible Hulk, Thor 2, IM2). It was a different film in a lot of ways. Coming after Black Panther and Infinity War, I'm fine with different as opposed to great.

A few interesting notes from Luke Cage.
-Cockroach was played by Dorian Missick, husband of Simone Missick (Misty Knight). Knowing that definitely adds some umph to their scenes together.
-Forgot this from last season, but Comanche was played by Thomas Jones. Yes, the same Thomas Jones who was a RB at UVa and probably one of the most underrated RBs in the 00s. He had 5 straight 1000 yard season for the Bears and Jets. Don't hear much talk about him nowadays though. I thought he was really good as Comanche. The Shades-Comanche relationship was a highlight of the season.
-I remembered Gabrielle Dennis (Tilda) from hosting Teen Summit on BET back in the day after Ananda Lewis left.
-Antonique Smith (Nandi) portrayed Faith Evans in Notorious, the Biggie Smalls biopic. Faith Evans herself performs in Season 2.
-Cool Marvel TV connection. One of the detectives makes a reference to an former colleague O'Reilly who moved to New Orleans. In the next episode of Cloak and Dagger, Detective O'Reilly mentioned her time working in Harlem.

First thing I thought about at the end of the season was that Shades and Fisk will team up

Comcast backs out of Fox bid.
https://www.npr.org/2018/07/19/630439333/disney-prevails-in-hunt-for-fox-as-comcast-drops-bid

The victory arrived at a steeper cost: Disney raised its bid from an initial $52 billion in an all-stock deal to $71 billion, which includes cash. Though Rupert Murdoch and his sons were allied with Disney Chairman Robert Iger in pursuing a deal, they stand to make far more money this way.
The acquisition is to include Fox's movie and television studios, its cable properties such as FX and the National Geographic Channel, and its 39 percent stake in the British based satellite TV service and producer Sky. It would not include Fox News, the Fox broadcast network, the local TV stations it owns, or its sports networks. Those would be spun off into a new company controlled by the Murdoch family and led by Rupert Murdoch and his elder son, Lachlan.

First thing I thought about at the end of the season was that Shades and Fisk will team up

I would approve of this.

My boy Alan Sepinwall wrote a column about second season slums that mentioned Luke Cage. I critiqued it on Facebook and he responded back. Pretty cool.

Speaking of sophomore slums, anybody watching Preacher Season 3?

Actually I didn’t. I don’t think you’ve mentioned it since before the season premiere. How is it?

Actually I didn’t. I don’t think you’ve mentioned it since before the season premiere. How is it?

same as it ever was

I don't really think it's fair to say it was in a sophomore slump to begin with, but I get that we disagree on that. They've found stuff for Tulip to do this season, which is nice. I don't know that they've done a great job making Jesse's family feel like a grave enough threat, so in a lot of ways it can feel like they're treading water before we're allowed to get back down to New Orleans and/or the Grave, but I don't really mind all that much.

I’m glad that no one so far has held me presently responsible for some of my viewpoints when I was younger and dumber

Young Justice Season 3 Trailer from Comic-Con.

I’m glad nobody had held me accountable for some of the dumb shit I’ve written here on this message board as a grown man.

Not gonna lie. The Aquaman trailer is pretty good. It’s kind of like a movie about Kilmonger in which Black Panther is evil and Wakanda is trying to destroy the world instead of hide from it.

Shazam could be good if they balance the “Big meets Superman” aspects of it. Zachary Levi buffed up a lot but he looks like a Jimmy Fallon plus a few layers of muscle.

Those Gunn tweets were fucking disgusting. I'm ok with a company that makes a fortune peddling their product to kids sending him packing.

Am I alone in wanting a Black Maw movie after Infinity War?

Interesting article reflecting on Iron Man (2008) and how the “I am Iron Man” line came about.

‘Iron Man’ At 10: How One Film Set A Dominant Path For Marvel | Deadline - deadline.comhttps://deadline.com/2018/07/iron-man-10th-anniversary-marvel-robert-downey-jr-kevin-feige-jon-favreau-comic-con-1202428754/

Back