• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

CBM: Spider-Man: Far From Home (spoilers)

if that was a "shout out" to tahiti, it's from like season 2 of AOS

It was also very similar to the last scene of season 4 when Coulson woke up in outer space and said “let’s get to work.” (at 1:13)

Usually it’s a stretch when people try to connect something in the movies to Marvel TV but that was a direct reference. Keep in mind Captain Marvel also cast an AOS villain in a cameo.

I took that as a very positive sign about the relationship between Sony and Marvel. The Homecoming post credits didn’t set up any future movies. This looked it was directly about CM2. Could be an actual scene.

I’ll add the spoiler tag when I get on my computer.

Last edited:
It was also very similar to the last scene of season 4 when Coulson woke up in outer space and said “let’s get to work.” (at 1:13)

Usually it’s a stretch when people try to connect something in the movies to Marvel TV but that was a direct reference. Keep in mind Captain Marvel also cast an AOS villain in a cameo.

I took that as a very positive sign about the relationship shot between Sony and Marvel. Keep in mind the Homecoming post credits didn’t set up any future movies. This looked it was directly about CM2.

I’ll add the spoiler tag when I get on my computer.

Um... what? The first one very clearly set up the premise of the next Spider Man movie.

I really hope they don't go One More Day based on this. That's by far been my least favorite Spider-Man story line.

I was a bit disappointed that Mysterio died although it's Mysterio, it would be pretty easy to fake. I was hoping for a potential Sinister Six setup having already seen Vulture, Shocker, and now Mysterio.

And Scorpion although not in the suit.

I really hope they don't go One More Day based on this. That's by far been my least favorite Spider-Man story line.

I was a bit disappointed that Mysterio died although it's Mysterio, it would be pretty easy to fake. I was hoping for a potential Sinister Six setup having already seen Vulture, Shocker, and now Mysterio.

0% chance of OMD. When the movies adapt a comics storyline, they don't use one of the most hated (almost unanimously) as a template. I've never read OMD and always consider the clone saga the worst, but having read the summary, I can see why it would be someone's least favorite.

I got that, but I didn’t have any context about why he’s on a ship with Skrulls. Is that explained in AOS? I’m only one season back.

It's partly to show that anyone, anywhere can be a Skrull and also I'm betting it's an intro to SWORD, but that's just a guess.

CBM: Spider-Man: Far From Home (spoilers)

The MCU has figured out that heroes can only get so much mileage out of lying to everyone around them to protect their secret identity.

It’s probably the boldest move they’ve made. Doesn’t seem like they will have anymore heroes who have a closely guarded secret identity coming up on the slate except maybe Miles Morales.

My interpretation of the second post credits was that it was to set up that idea Skrulls could be anyone and to show that after the funeral, Fury went to join Captain Marvel in space to found SWORD.

I’m curious how the concept of villain or hero Skrulls with secret identities will work given that the MCU doesn’t really do hero secret identities.

There’s another problem I haven’t seen people acknowledge. Minutes after dropping the bomb that everyone knows Peter is Spider-Man they showed us that Talos could basically undo it by posing as Peter while Spidey is doing heroics. Hell Talos and his wife could be JJJ and the “real Spider-Man” and do a live interview if they wanted.

It’s a glaring plot hole now.

Saw Spiderman FFH last night. I give it a solid B, maybe B+. I'll put the rest in the spoiler section, just to be safe:

I give the first half a C, and the second half an A. My thoughts:
1: Having the coolest fight scene for any spidey movie since/perhaps surpassing the battle with doc oct on the clock tower, launched this movie to the next level for me. The only thing wrong with the illusion battle was that it wasn't long enough.
2: The first half, though intentionally predictable and corny, was still predictable and corny.
3: Drones? I guess fine. I mean, I dont have the imagination to come up with something better, so alright.
4: That villain reveal scene was X Men, Wolverine level bad and overwrought.
5: I'll end on a high note: I was surprised that I couldn't find "I see you!" or "Now I see you!" upon a Google search. Mysterio says it in the illusion fight, then Spiderman says it before he goes up on the catwalk/bridge. It seemed so perfectly crafted that I would have sworn Stan Lee wrote it. I'm not the most well versed on the verse, so I hope it's just a sign of excellent writing to come. Well done.

Last edited:
LOL. I thought the first 4 in your list was great. It was supposed to be somewhat campy. I saw an Easter egg video that said some of those characters in the crew may be straight out of the comics.

I think if there is any Marvel movie that can get away with campy it’s Spiderman

Spoilers and its just Friday morning is a little soon. But I'll leave now.

The movie has been out for over 3 days. We always do spoilers after about 42 hours, typically from Thurs night midnight release to Sat evening. This film came out Mon night at midnight and I put the tag up around 9:00 Wed night.

Unless I’m wrong, the scene from the trailer with Parker and Happy talking about how much they missed Stark didn’t make the movie.

I think that was on the plane. The scene with Spider-Man talking to the cops wasn't in the film.

I heard an NPR story on Tuesday about some guy complaining that trailers reveal too much and they mentioned the FFH trailer as an example. I laughed. MCU trailers are purposefully misleading. The MJ "you're Spider-Man" scene wasn't anything like it seemed it would be from the trailer. I laughed at all the articles running with "OMG there's an MCU multiverse" because Mysterio said it in the trailer.

Good movie but the Martin Short and JB Smoove characters are some of the biggest misses in the Marvel universe. Brutal “comedy” from those two.

Bottom half Marvel for me. Mysterio was pretty great though.

Yeah. JB Smoove didn't have much to do. That was disappointing. He was a one note character.

Good movie but the Martin Short and JB Smoove characters are some of the biggest misses in the Marvel universe. Brutal “comedy” from those two.

Bottom half Marvel for me. Mysterio was pretty great though.

I think you mean Martin Starr, and I completely disagree about his comedy -- I think he is excellent and was given great material (moreso in the first movie). JBSmoove was not given much to work with though.

Loved the movie - just a perfect cast. Hilarious, ok for my kids to watch, just great all around.

Back