• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

What's Disney's problem here? So you'll make a little less on the Spider-man movies...BFD

Agreed. Make some new Spidey merch. Build a Spidey ride in Tokyo. Whatever.

This is bad for both sides. Disney loses a marque character and essentially an extra MCU film every two years. Sony risks putting out a sucky Spider/Venom universe of their own and losing way more money than they’d be giving up to Disney.

Sony is feeling themselves after Venom did well at the box office but it was panned by critics. If they try to move it to July 4th weekend going forward, it won’t do nearly as well. And doing well is relative. Venom’s domestic numbers are on par with Doctor Strange. Not something to build a franchise around. Sony also underestimated what Iron Man, Happy Hogan, and Nick Fury did to boost those two films.

We got this covered reporting disney and sony continue discussions that include adding venom to the franchise, movies, tv. Says they are trying to finalize before D23.

We'll see.

If this ends with all of the Spiderverse landing in the MCU, that would be huge.

Aaaaaaaaand your next actor to join the mcu is apparently jon snow. Who could kit harrington possible play? He has not shown me he can carry a movie.

And now deadline reporting disney was asking for 25% finance and profit. An increase from current 5% of opening weekend take (if i read that right). Sony sat on that request for 6 mos or more before raising their ask to 50/50. Sony shut that down and talks ended. The current spidey director was only signed for 2 movies so disney could offer him another franchise.

Maybe they'll figure something out but seems like its not looking good.

25% sounds reasonable. More reasonable than 5% of opening weekend. That would be $9.25M from a $1.111B movie.

25% sounds reasonable. More reasonable than 5% of opening weekend. That would be $9.25M from a $1.111B movie.

Especially when they are putting the same 25% of their own cash in the game. Sounds like disney got mad and doubled down.

Its a ceo cock off.

Damn. She-hulk, moon night, and ms marvel in development for disney+.

CBM: Spider-Man: Far From Home (spoilers)

Lots of incels responding to that tweet.

Disney+ isn’t playing. Pretty excited about all three.

Last edited:

Lots of incels responding to that tweet.

Disney+ isn’t playing. Pretty excited about all three.

Interesting that they have separate Hawkeye and Kate Bishop Titles.

ETA. never mind - just saw it was a list of heroes, not individual shows/movies.

If they do a "my life as a weapon" hawkeye movie, I. Am. In.

Finished the boys last night. I really enjoyed it. So much crazy sh!t happening.

Last edited:
Surprised nobody has posted this yet:

I feel a lot better about it now than I did before this trailer. Could just end up being boring, but if there is one comic book character-piece I'd be willing to watch that does a dive into the human psyche, it'd be the Joker.

I can't keep the DC universe straight. Which universe is this supposed to be in?

Last edited:
Back