• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

lol

in 200 years when the social scientists look back and try to pinpoint the end of the attention span, this will be the title of the academic paper/pop-science bestseller

lol, my wife said something like that also..."just wait until they get to the point". the entire 30 minutes i was thinking that if i wanted to watch I love Lucy (or Dick Van Dyke), i would do that instead.

LOL. It was the length of a sitcom. Based on everything I've read saying the end of the show would be a straight up Marvel film and that they'd be "hurdling" through the decades, it seems like the sitcom portion of the show will give way to the MCU film portion early in Episode 5. That would mean 5 episodes and close to a 2 hour run time.

[kind of long take on Batwoman below]

The second episode with Ryan Wilder as the new Batwoman was better than the first. Ryan is coming into her own gradually. We learned a little about her. There were two good scenes where a show with now three Black lead characters actually acknowledged their race for the first time. The Ryan vs Sophie interrogation scene was well done and established where Ryan fits in with the Crows. Next step is to give Ryan her own life instead of squeezing her into Kate’s.

I really like that they’re showcasing Mary more. She’s a fascinating character that the writers just forgot to use much of Season 1. One reason they can drop Kate from the show is that Mary covers much of Kate’s territory. Mary is a socialite. She’s part of Team Batwoman and privy to Bruce’s secrets. She’s Jacob Kane’s daughter, Alice’s sister, and Alice’s victim. In many ways, she duplicated what grounded Kate but in a healthier way, so the show ignored her struggle.

Mary runs a secret underground clinic so she’s a hero with a kind of secret identity in her own right. I’d be happy if they added a little Mary medical drama on the side.

Last edited:
I said this the other day (here or someone in real life) that wandavision may benefit from a binge watch rather than 1 ep a week.

I think you said it here and I agree with it unless you're big on easter eggs and fan theories and such.

hey ITC I finally finished this season of Star Trek Discovery and I loved it.

You nerds probably knew this a long time ago, but I was floored today when I found out that Elizabeth Olson of Scarlet Witch/Wanda fame is the little sister of Mary Kate and Ashley. I wonder if they are jealous of her now? Probably not since they sleep on a pile of money but still...

Geez, man. You legitimately may be the only person who didn't know that.

I'll be pretty pissed if Wanda doesn't say "You got it, dude!" during the 90s sitcom.

When I said you nerds probably already knew this, in my mind I was thinking PHDeac

Here is the comics based show I'm looking forward to the most, even more than I'm looking forward to any upcoming movies (that could change with the FF).

Agreed that WandaVision may be better as a binge - I was fully prepared to not mention to my wife about revisiting for a couple weeks but last Friday night she was all like “ready to watch the new ep?”

I’ve really enjoyed WandaVision thus far, and this episode was great.

This ep was definitely the start of a MCU film. If this was a film, they could have started with this ep and woven in a little bit more of the first three eps, and it would have been fine. The runtime wouldn't be much longer than a typical MCU film.

Great episode, thought they'd string it out to like episode 7 before tying it back to current events. Back on board.

can we get a new thread? this one takes too long to load with the length of it

I’m fine starting the Phase 2 thread unless there are any objections.

I found Kat Dennings to be incredibly unfunny in this episode, which is weird because I liked her in the Thor movies.

Back