• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

I don't remember her trying to be funny. She playing an astrophysicist dealing with a very weird situation.

Last edited:
She was a little more snarky/comic relief in Thor. I thought her performance was a little flat/mailed in, but still a good episode.

Yeah, it was like they took her character and turned it up to an 11. Distractingly awkward for me.

But I guess the show isn't designed to showcase anyone's acting chops (though Olsen, Bettany, Hahn, and Parris have all been outstanding, IMO).

Sepinwall thought Dennings and Park were hilarious, so maybe it was just me.

I plan on rewatching the ep, so I'll look for what you all saw. I saw a character who was an snarky young undergrad research assistant last time we saw her in 2013 who is Dr. Darcy Lewis, still snarky but more low key and serious astrophysicist 10 years later in 2023.

I did think they were good and had good material that was funny, but they weren't necessarily the comic relief characters that they were in past appearances.

Ryan Coogler's media company signed a 5-year deal with Disney that includes a series based in Wakanda for Disney+.

https://deadline.com/2021/02/black-...y-television-deal-proximity-media-1234684707/

Last edited:
I plan on rewatching the ep, so I'll look for what you all saw. I saw a character who was an snarky young undergrad research assistant last time we saw her in 2013 who is Dr. Darcy Lewis, still snarky but more low key and serious astrophysicist 10 years later in 2023.

I did think they were good and had good material that was funny, but they weren't necessarily the comic relief characters that they were in past appearances.

Ryan Coogler's media company signed a 5-year deal with Disney that includes a series based in Wakanda for Disney+.

https://deadline.com/2021/02/black-...y-television-deal-proximity-media-1234684707/

That’s a good point on the passage of time. For the record, I loved Park in the ep.

Good news on the Coogler deal

CBM: WandaVision on Disney+/Batwoman Season 2 premieres on Sunday

Count me as one who was irritated by Kat’s character. When I first saw her, I thought “oh look, the only redeeming quality from the first 2 Thor movies.” By the end of her second scene I was cringing.

Last edited:
I watched the ep again. My take on Darcy and Woo are that they’re funny people in a serious situation who help keep things from being over the top serious.

Two things I didn’t fully notice before. Before the blip, Monica primarily operated in space and was looking to go back. That sets up that she was actively working with Captain Marvel before the snap.

The unsuccessful SWORD astronaut training program seems like an obvious way to introduce the Fantastic Four.

I wonder if air travel was grounded after the blip. That would explain why Monica drove from SWORD headquarters to Westview, NJ. There are questions about what happened to people who were snapped while on planes like where did they blip back to?

i like Denning's choices. played like a brilliant astrophysicist used to dealing with being considered a dumb young woman. seems likes decent character research.

i like Denning's choices. played like a brilliant astrophysicist used to dealing with being considered a dumb young woman. seems likes decent character research.

Yeah. That's a good way to put it.

I saw a tweet suggesting a new Disney+ X-Files type show with Jimmy Woo investigating quirky cases. I'd watch it.

I saw a tweet suggesting a new Disney+ X-Files type show with Jimmy Woo investigating quirky cases. I'd watch it.

I'd absolutely watch it. I thought those two had great chemistry together and were a delight whenever either one was on screen.

Love the ending and what this is going to mean and allow for going forward in the marvel universe.

Elizabeth Olson made a statement in an interview this week that I thought for sure was overselling. It was not.

I made a tinyurl link to avoid what Olson said in the article name on yahoo.com. The article says what Olson said, not specifics about the show. I'd consider it a second degree spoiler.

tinyurl.com/4gamquf9

That’s what a lot of us thought Agents of SHIELD was going to be before it aired. An X-Files type show set in the MCU would be a great concept.

Did they have to bore us for 4 episodes before that?

New Falcon and Winter Soldier trailer

This looks really good. I'm curious the direction they go with John Walker in this series. He's been a good guy and a bad guy so I'm guessing he'll start off as a good guy, then overstep and lose the shield.

Back