• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Interesting indeed with a pinch of good news/bad news.

I do have high expectations for Coates but I see reference to Producer JJ Abrams that curbs my optimism. Producer can mean many things and hopefully it means guy that procures funding and reviews dailies not guy that insists on mystery boxes, fetch quests and red balls of doom.

[h=1]Exclusive: Ta-Nehisi Coates To Write Upcoming Superman Film From DC And Warner Bros.[/h]
https://shadowandact.com/ta-nehisi-coates-superman-dc-warner-bros-film

“To be invited into the DC Extended Universe by Warner Bros., DC Films and Bad Robot is an honor,” said Coates in a statement received only by Shadow and Act. “I look forward to meaningfully adding to the legacy of America's most iconic mythic hero."
“There is a new, powerful and moving Superman story yet to be told. We couldn’t be more thrilled to be working with the brilliant Mr. Coates to help bring that story to the big screen, and we’re beyond thankful to the team at Warner Bros. for the opportunity,” said J.J. Abrams in the statement to S&A.
“Ta-Nehisi Coates’s Between the World and Me opened a window and changed the way many of us see the world,” added Toby Emmerich, Chairman, Warner Bros. Pictures Group. “We’re confident that his take on Superman will give fans a new and exciting way to see the Man of Steel.”

The Superman & Lois premiere was pretty good. It addressed some of my issues with how Superman has been portrayed. It's a different story and we'll see how it plays out.

The reveals of the last two episodes of Wandavision are pretty much the two things we expected going into the show, but the reveals were very well done. There's a lot to wrap up in the finale.

The Superman & Lois premiere was pretty good. It addressed some of my issues with how Superman has been portrayed. It's a different story and we'll see how it plays out.

The reveals of the last two episodes of Wandavision are pretty much the two things we expected going into the show, but the reveals were very well done. There's a lot to wrap up in the finale.

There have been rumors that there will be a tenth episode. But there have been lots of rumors that have not turned out to be true, so who knows.

That rumor was based on an agent saying their client was in the 10th episode. Could be a simple mistake or maybe they originally planned 10 shorter episodes and changed it to 9 eps with longer last two episodes.

An extra doesn’t make much sense unless this is a two part finale airing on Friday. Seems like they matched up the finale with the premiere debut of Raya and the Last Dragon.

That rumor was based on an agent saying their client was in the 10th episode. Could be a simple mistake or maybe they originally planned 10 shorter episodes and changed it to 9 eps with longer last two episodes.

An extra doesn’t make much sense unless this is a two part finale airing on Friday. Seems like they matched up the finale with the premiere debut of Raya and the Last Dragon.

I have a sneaking suspicion ALL of the theories are about to wrong. No Strange, no Mephisto, none of it...just a Wanda Maximoff meltdown that changes everything.

nah, they gotta use the show to expand the universe/tie in the next phase stuff somehow

nah, they gotta use the show to expand the universe/tie in the next phase stuff somehow

Yeah, I think the Wanda meltdown will accomplish that. I think we get Wanda's "House of M" moment, I just think all the fan theories about characters being introduced or there being a BIG surprise in the finale are off base. I mean, maybe we get Strange in a post-credits scene or something, but reading what I have from the Director it seems like the goal was to truly make this about Wanda. I believe she will get a redemption arc that'll be the crux of Phase 4.

Yeah, I think the Wanda meltdown will accomplish that. I think we get Wanda's "House of M" moment, I just think all the fan theories about characters being introduced or there being a BIG surprise in the finale are off base. I mean, maybe we get Strange in a post-credits scene or something, but reading what I have from the Director it seems like the goal was to truly make this about Wanda. I believe she will get a redemption arc that'll be the crux of Phase 4.

Agreed. Anyone expecting Reed Richards and Magneto to team up against Mephisto will be disappointed.

I'm fully expecting a line from WV to No Way Home and MoM, maybe Eternals who fit in with the higher minded Marvel stuff. Hardly a hot-take, I know.

Props to the Eternals team. They've finished filming and I, for one, have heard zip, zilch, nada regarding what it's about. I hope it's chock full of odes to Kirby and not one single nod to Stan, this is Jack's baby and his alone.

And for Eternals they managed to lock in the hottest director in the game right now three years ago.

i'll be it's a crossover between the Star Wars Universe and MCU, so probably the scientist is the imperial nerd from mandalorian who was working on baby yoda blood

I give an enthusiastic :thumbsup: for the Wandavision finale and series overall. I was getting antsy, close to impatient after the first 3 episodes but the payoff was worth it.

We got a sympathetic villain that I'm not convinced wasn't the "good guy". I mean, she's trying to stop Wanda from destroying the world, which is normally a good guy thing.

I really dug the VvV fight and its resolution.

Major props to the 3 lead actors and for Odin's sake give us more Jimmy Woo. Over the past couple of weeks, Randall Park has done a lot of press and he's so damn funny.

Was it disappointing there wasn't more overarching story told? I can see having that perspective but all that was promised was a story about Wanda and Vision, which we got. As to the "Skywalker level cameo" one of my go-to Youtubers dug into that a little and found that no one from Marvel made that statement. Rather an article raised the question "could there be a Skywalker moment?" and it spun out from there. Bettany of course was just being a cheeky bugger.

I am still hoping that there's something more to Evan Peters though. If not, that is a dick move to cast him just for trolling purposes. I'm going to wait a couple of years before officially proclaiming it a dick move. That he chuckled at hearing "boner" makes me think it's a new identity to him. I mean, if you have a funny name and you've heard all the jokes all your life, you're never going to find them funny. I'm betting the aerospace engineer gets paid off in Secret Invasion. If you look at the show details my prediction is within that cast of characters.

Anyway, I dug the framing of the series and how it provided something different.

Now on to Falcon and Winter Soldier which on the surface seems to be a return to normalcy for superhero stories. That's not said pejoratively, I'm looking forward to it.

Randall Park is great in Young Rock as well.

Pretty sure the "aerospace engineer" was just the person who decide that SWORD vehicle. I think the Marvel people just write the show without thinking how every word is going to be parsed out by a crazy fanbase.

This is perhaps the best read I've seen on the show and the fans.

WandaVision’ Failed to Deliver Things That Were Never Promised to Me

By Matt Goldberg Published 1 days ago

Who wants to watch a show about grief when I’m supposed to be getting sold on future Marvel things?

For two months now, I’ve gone on Twitter after episodes of WandaVision, and everyone has been speculating about what’s to come. The astrophysicist that Monica Rambeau (Teyonah Parris) mentioned? That has to be Reed Richards because a new Fantastic Four movie is in the works. Sure, they haven’t even finished a script and director Jon Watts is still working on Spider-Man: No Way Home and a major piece of casting like that almost always leaks out in some form, but I was promised by the Internet that John Krasinski would play Reed Richards, which of course means that his real-world wife Emily Blunt was also being cast as Sue Storm aka The Invisible Woman. The Internet said so, and because Monica said the word “astrophysicist” that means Fantastic Four. Twitter told me so.

Also, because Wanda (Elizabeth Olsen) is dealing with magic, that also means Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) has to show up. We know that Olsen is part of the cast of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, and so Doctor Strange had to appear in WandaVision. That’s not even a question; the only question is when Cumberbatch was making his cameo appearance so that we could get ready for the next Marvel movie. Even though it’s not next and doesn’t even come out until 2022, we need some kind of teaser. If you don’t tease the next Marvel thing, then what are we even doing here?

https://collider.com/wandavision-problems-cameos-teasers/

Last edited:
it's probably not a hot take to say that the Vision v Vision conversation in the lab was the best part of the finale?

Randall Park is great in Young Rock as well.

Pretty sure the "aerospace engineer" was just the person who decide that SWORD vehicle. I think the Marvel people just write the show without thinking how every word is going to be parsed out by a crazy fanbase.

This is perhaps the best read I've seen on the show and the fans.

WandaVision’ Failed to Deliver Things That Were Never Promised to Me

By Matt Goldberg Published 1 days ago

Who wants to watch a show about grief when I’m supposed to be getting sold on future Marvel things?

https://collider.com/wandavision-problems-cameos-teasers/

Thanks for posting this. It is a good article. One of the great things about Wandavision is that it had generational appeal. Every Friday night, my 78 year old mom, 50 year old me, and my 15 year old son would watch. While my mom has watched some of the MCU movies she has never really been into them. But she was completely invested in Wandavision. It was great to watch my son explain the MCU info to her and watch her explain the sitcom tropes to him.

I did think the finale was a little disappointing. They left too many loose ends in preceding episodes that needed to be tied together. They pretty much tied everything up but at the expense of a satisfying ending to the emotional story of Wanda and her grief.

Back