• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

I saw the Captain America movie on friday, and I thought it was very entertaining. Be sure to stay after the credits!! Can't wait for the avengers movie.

That's going to be awesome.

What Marvel Studios has done in such a short period of time is amazing.

That's going to be awesome.

What Marvel Studios has done in such a short period of time is amazing.

Marvel could do this for years to come, too. They've got hundreds of characters and hundreds of storylines to choose from. What amazes me is that there is such a large audience for them. People are coming out in droves to see these characters, and it isn't just the lifelong comics fans. I guess it's just a testament to the ability of these people to tell good stories with good characters.

I meant to add:
I liked how they connected this to the Thor movie with the power cube from Odin. And the connection was even more clear when Red Skull held it and disappeared. Looked kinda like the way people traveled in Thor along the light/rainbow bridge no? Me thinks Red Skull aint dead.

Definitely read that article on Marvel movies I posted. It's a good synopsis of the great work Marvel has done, particularly compared to what WB has done with DC properties.

Marvel's bench is very deep. If they could figure out a way to get their Spider-man, X-Men, and Fantastic Four properties back in house, wow. To put out three movies in one summer in which the most famous characters are only portrayed within their origin stories (Xavier and Magneto), none of which fully take place in current version of Earth (Nine realms, 60s, WWII) is ambitious. The payoff has been great to watch.

Definitely read that article on Marvel movies I posted. It's a good synopsis of the great work Marvel has done, particularly compared to what WB has done with DC properties.

Marvel's bench is very deep. If they could figure out a way to get their Spider-man, X-Men, and Fantastic Four properties back in house, wow. To put out three movies in one summer in which the most famous characters are only portrayed within their origin stories (Xavier and Magneto), none of which fully take place in current version of Earth (Nine realms, 60s, WWII) is ambitious. The payoff has been great to watch.

i read the article and now I'm wondering how they kept getting money to fund all the garbage movies they made (daredevil, punisher(s), hulks, ghost rider, FF movies)

i read the article and now I'm wondering how they kept getting money to fund all the garbage movies they made (daredevil, punisher(s), hulks, ghost rider, FF movies)

Well, to state the obvious - they made money.

From imdb (with some bonus movies thrown in for comparison):

Code:
name	budget	gross
Daredevil	78M	178M
Punisher	33M	33.7M
Punisher: War Zone	35M	7.9M
Hulk (2003)	137M	245M
Hulk (2008)	150M	263M
Ghost Rider	110M	115.8M
FF	100M	330M
FF: ROSS	130M	132M
Elektra	43M	56.5M
Blade	45M	70M
Blade 2	54M	150M
Blade Trinity	65M	52M

Fans may lament Daredevil, Hulk (first one) and Fantastic 4 as disappointing movies, but studio execs will take those returns any day.

Marvel Studios has raised the game to extent that we expect comic book movies to be good.

maybe this was addressed in this or another thread, but do all of Marvel's characters live in the same universe? Is the Avengers' world populated with X-Men, Fantastic Four, Spiderman, etc. Or are they all in separate universes?

maybe this was addressed in this or another thread, but do all of Marvel's characters live in the same universe? Is the Avengers' world populated with X-Men, Fantastic Four, Spiderman, etc. Or are they all in separate universes?

All the same universe. The current roster of Avengers includes Iron Man, Captain American, Thor, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Luke Cage, Hawkeye, Thing, Spider-Woman, Red Hulk, Iron Fist, and probably a couple others I'm forgetting off the top of my head.

So I'm supposed to believe that in a world with X Men that Thor/Iron Man/Spiderman are running around? wtf?

So I'm supposed to believe that in a world with X Men that Thor/Iron Man/Spiderman are running around? wtf?

Dude...it's a comic book fantasy world. Aren't you already suspending belief anyway? Does it take that much bigger of a leap to go from a universe where the X-Men exist to a world where the Avengers and the X-Men exist. That's kind of curious to me.

Yeah, I don't get that either. It's more unbelievable that Thor and Hulk would team up with an archer and a techie and an WWII vet.

Random question since we're talking about merging universes. Can Magneto lift Mjolnir?

Has anybody heard if Ant-Man, Wasp, and Black Panther or others will be in The Avengers?

Yeah, I don't get that either. It's more unbelievable that Thor and Hulk would team up with an archer and a techie and an WWII vet.

Random question since we're talking about merging universes. Can Magneto lift Mjolnir?

Has anybody heard if Ant-Man, Wasp, and Black Panther or others will be in The Avengers?

That's what I mean; I can totally suspend. I'm not calling it stupid, just wondering. Just weird that Iron Man responds to Earth-Threats that are Iron Man related and Spiderman deals with problems that challenge his particular skill set. I mean, I'm pretty sure Iron Man would destroy the Green Goblin in like 20 seconds. Amirite?

Last edited:
Back