• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

I wasn't very impressed by the trailer and I really wanted to be. I'll see it at some point but so far I'm very whelmed.

Still haven't seen the first one, but I'm going to watch it at some point. This trailer made me want to watch the first one less. Seems like eventually Venom and crew are going to make it into the MCU given the deals between Sony and Disney.

feels like a meme:

Nobody:
Sony: Here's that muddled tone movie featuring super-dark Venom vs Carnage action you've all been begging for!

Sony desperately wants to make their own live-action superhero films and do it differently than the MCU. But they don't know how.

Another problem is there seems to be no way to stream the first Venom without buying it which I’m definitely not going to do

I think the last time anyone was begging for Venom v Carnage was... well let's just say Wake Forest was good in basketball.

With the exception of Hugh Jackman I don't know that any actor has born more weight putting a movie on his (or her) back in the comics movie era than Hardy did for Venom . Not saying it was the best performance in a CBM, just that he was the only thing that made Venom watchable and it would have been MST3K worthy without him.

Finished invincible over the weekend. It was really good. The animation style was really interesting. Characters were all a sort of 2 dimensional comic page design while many of the background set pieces and locations were more advanced animation style.

Enjoyed seeing what Carl Winslow and Bobby Hill are up to now. #WhereAreTheyNow

Anyone watching Jupiter's Legacy? I'm not all that motivated to, especially when I saw it was from Mark Millar. I once was a big fan and still like the dude, but the show just looks so... Mark Millar-y.

Note for ITC - this week's RLM is not to be missed.

I needed my Invincible fix and I’m too lazy to read the whole comic so I watched a few 15-25 min YouTube videos summarizing the arcs of main characters in the comic. I’m not proud of myself.

[h=1]Masters of the Universe: Revelation unleashes the powah! with first look at Kevin Smith's series[/h]
The animated sequel will be split into two parts with Part 1 premiering on Netflix this July 23.

https://ew.com/tv/masters-of-the-universe-revelation-photos-premiere-kevin-smith/

Split into two parts with the five episodes of Part 1 premiering on Netflix this July 23, the show features an all-star voice cast ensemble. That includes Star Wars veteran Mark Hamill as Skeletor, Game of Thrones' Lena Headey as Evil-Lyn, Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Sarah Michelle Gellar as Teela, Clueless star Alicia Silverstone as Queen Marlena, iconic Batman voice actor Kevin Conroy as Mer-Man, and the original voice of Skeletor, Alan Oppenheimer, now in the role of Moss Man.

Since this is a sequel series, the main mythos remains intact. Prince Adam, the son of the ruling family of the realm of Eternia, uses the Sword of Power to transform into the chiseled He-Man (you know, "I have the powah!") to defend his kingdom from threats — mostly from Skeletor and his forces. But now, as Smith says, "the shackles are off" to build a richer lore and explore different aspects to these beloved characters.

"We get to see them engage not just in clashing swords, but in far deeper conversations than we've ever seen them before," he explains. "It's not just simply like these two dudes [He-Man and Skeletor] have been trying to beat each other up for decades. We get to tell stories of abuse. We get to kind of tell stories of isolation, grief. We use these characters as long as they've been around — and most people consider them toys or action figures — to tell insanely human stories set in a very inhuman world."

Yes please.

New Batman and Superman animated series coming to HBOMax

[h=1]Batman Animated Series from J.J. Abrams and Matt Reeves Coming to HBO Max[/h] The powerhouse directors join DC animated universe veteran Bruce Timm for a reimagining of Caped Crusader that returns to the character's noir roots.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/batman-caped-crusader-abrams-reeves-hbo-max-1234955444/

For Timm, the project is a return to an animated world he helped establish with 1995’s acclaimed Batman: The Animated Series.
Batman: The Animated Series was a masterpiece that shaped the perception of the character for an entire generation of fans,” said Warner Bros. Animation president Sam Register. “It is in that spirit that we are bringing together three master storytellers in J.J., Matt and Bruce – each with their own intuitive understanding and affection for the character – to create a new series that will continue in the same groundbreaking legacy.”
More show details from the release: “Utilizing state-of-the-art animation techniques and technologies available, this powerful creative partnership will once again reinvent Batman and his iconic rogue’s gallery with sophisticated storytelling, nuanced characters and intense action sequences all set in a visually striking world.”
Here’s a teaser poster of the new show:
batman.jpg

HBO Max and Cartoon Network have also ordered a new Superman animated series as well. My Adventures with Superman has Jack Quaid (The Boys) voicing Superman/Clark Kent.
The series is described as a kids-and-family animated series following 20-something versions of Superman, Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen “as they begin to discover who they are and everything they can accomplish together as an investigative reporting team at the Daily Planet.”

HBO Max absorbed DC Universe. It’s the home of the DC Animated Universe and current animation in Young Justice and Harley Quinn.

HBO Max absorbed DC Universe. It’s the home of the DC Animated Universe and current animation in Young Justice and Harley Quinn.

The youngest and I have been watching young justice for the first time. S1 finally up next.

That's awesome. Season 1 is excellent and was so unexpected. Let me know what you think of the season. Jealous that you can just watch it with no problems.

It got yanked around Cartoon Network when it originally aired. The last 5 or 6 episodes of Season 1 debuted in some language months before it aired in the US. So I had to download episodes or watch them on YouTube. Then when Season 1 finally finished up in the US, it went right to Season 2.

The fact that this new Batman show will be on Cartoon Network does give me pause because they screwed over Young Justice, Beware the Batman, and Green Lantern: The Animated Series back in the day and then went all in on Teen Titans Go.

Last edited:
MODOK's available on Hulu now. Commence the mini-binge!

I knew nothing going in to YJ. First season was good. My almost 9yo really enjoyed it as well. Enjoyed the set up in the finale and did not expect the changes made in s2 e1. Starting in a solid place.

Back