• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

I thought last night was slow, but it's deliberate buildup and exploration of their powers.

CBM: Cloak & Dagger premieres Thurs at 8pm on Freeform

The Incredibles 2 set for a projected opening weekend of $182M. That’s bigger than all but the four biggest MCU films and bigger than Civil War.

So much for superhero fatigue.

At the theater now. The 4:00 show sold out.

Last edited:
The Incredibles 2 was a lot of fun. Lots of great action sequences. It was a mid-tier Pixar and equivalent to a mid-tier Marvel film. Good luck to whoever does the next Fantastic Four film getting Reid to do what Elastigirl did in this film.

LOL. Preacher was pretty poor by the end of last season.

Any thoughts on Preacher? I like what they're doing, but it is ridiculously slow.

I just finished last night's. It's still pretty wacky, what with the inadvertent gang rape of Herr Starr, for example. It could use more Julie Ann Emery in a torch singer dress.

Caught up on Preacher over the weekend. I really like where that show has gone this season. The setup for Herr Starr was a lot of fun.

Yeah. It took awhile to get where they got. One thing I like about the show is they're not shy about getting the heroes and villains together.

The only subplot that I was annoyed by them taking their time with was the Cassidy/Denis stuff. There must have been 4-5 scenes showing the exact same thing, and they could have gotten the same point across with any 2 of them.

Any thoughts on the Preacher finale last night? I thought they did a good enough job with it, but like the season as a whole there were some slow, illogical parts.

I still don't get why Jesse had to turn into an idiot the second they got to New Orleans. That undercut the story in a few different spots. Wish they had found something more interesting for Tulip to be doing at any point in the second half of the season. I didn't mind the Eugene/Hitler stuff all that much, and I thought they did a good job showing why Eugene would trust him by season's end, but a lot of that arc dragged, too. I dunno.

I think the season dragged with 13 eps. The leads got tired. They spent way too much time in Denis' apartment. I thought they'd be in New Orleans for a few eps. Jesse isn't an appealing character. Tulip was.

here are all the posts i found from the back half of last season

I was definitely frustrated with some plot points, but I don't think either of our opinions at the time were "this show is pretty poor"

CBM: Cloak & Dagger premieres Thurs at 8pm on Freeform

Usually I’m more positive about a season right after I’ve watched the season finale. That post is me saying the season was “pretty poor.”

I feel like I was promised a wacky off-color road trip. I got a stale plodding show that stretched four or five really good eps into a full season. There’s a lot of good stuff in there. But it dragged. It didn’t give me confidence that this season would be better with an even bigger focus on Jesse and his family and without the promise of a New Orleans backdrop.

You asked for opinions on the Preacher finale on Monday afternoon after the Sunday night finale. My response was the only one you got. That's pretty poor.

I'll put it like this. I had no idea the show was coming back on Sunday until I saw an ad a few days ago. I hadn't bothered looking and I'll probably wait until I see a review or two before I watch. I'm trying to catch up on JJ S2 and I've got to watch Luke Cage S2.

Nope. Still catching up on Jessica Jones. I'm halfway through. It's decent, but it needs more super. I like Trish and Malcolm's arcs more than Jessica's.

I thought Jessica Jones S2 was a bit weak but it's really hard to follow up with David Tennant.

Luke Cage S2 on the other hand was really good.

I thought Jessica Jones S2 was a bit weak but it's really hard to follow up with David Tennant.

Luke Cage S2 on the other hand was really good.

I really really liked the latest Cage and they set up S3 well enough to make me ready for it now.

So far Cage 2 is great, I specifically like some of the longer one-on-one interactions / scenes this season. Excellent writing/dialogue/acting

One episode in on Luke Cage and having trouble getting excited about it. Glad to hear positive reviews.

I never finished Punisher, so I'm not sure where he is, but you would think him and Luke would make for a pretty funny scene if given the chance.

That is pretty funny.

Back