• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

I have an issue with the whole premise of the show, Sam not thinking he is worthy enough to wield the shield. Captain America went back and lived his entire life and at the end, he gave Sam the shield, not Bucky his best friend, but Sam. This wasn't a spur of the moment decision, and its not like Captain America didn't know Sam well. He chose Sam to carry on the mantel, knowing fully who he is. That should be enough for Sam to know that he is worthy. Its not like we didnt see this same thing before in Spiderman Far from Home when Tony Stark gave Spiderman the glasses, who then gave them away. So for Sam to give it the museum, and all this ho-hum I'm not worthy plot device, it doesn't work for me.

if this was Paramount, i'd buckle up for 13 episodes of dicking around until he takes the mantle in the last episode

I have an issue with the whole premise of the show, Sam not thinking he is worthy enough to wield the shield. Captain America went back and lived his entire life and at the end, he gave Sam the shield, not Bucky his best friend, but Sam. This wasn't a spur of the moment decision, and its not like Captain America didn't know Sam well. He chose Sam to carry on the mantel, knowing fully who he is. That should be enough for Sam to know that he is worthy. Its not like we didnt see this same thing before in Spiderman Far from Home when Tony Stark gave Spiderman the glasses, who then gave them away. So for Sam to give it the museum, and all this ho-hum I'm not worthy plot device, it doesn't work for me.

Imposter syndrome.

I’ve seen arguments that white men don’t deal with imposter syndrome. In fact, white men overrate their skills and abilities and take on jobs they shouldn’t be doing. That could be where they’re going with US Agent.

Imposter syndrome.

I’ve seen arguments that white men don’t deal with imposter syndrome. In fact, white men overrate their skills and abilities and take on jobs they shouldn’t be doing. That could be where they’re going with US Agent.

giphy.gif

If my bank got to say I do business with one of the handful of superheros who saved the planet , then yeah, I'd be willing to eat that loan just to say Falcon got his loan at Old BB Truist of America, tell all your friends.

As I was watching that scene, I was wondering how much race played in to them not getting a loan as well.

F&WS seems like the right Marvel vehicle to meet Demolition Man, the (onetime) homeless superhero. He was a part of the Captain America side of Marvel once upon a time.

RIP to OG live action Marvel supervillain Jessica Walter.

I heard she did some other stuff too.

thatsthejoke.jpg

I give the highest rec possible for Invincible. Great animation (especially cityscapes), great first episode, even knowing what to expect. If you're in this thread, you should watch it.

TFaTWS continues to deliver too, but I doubt I need to try to direct traffic there.

it's a smidge too quippy but i enjoy Falcon/Soldier quite a bit. feels like what a marvel IP should be. at least so far.

I'm 100% in on SS2. Make it 110% after seeing the end boss.

Seems like the "Rated 18+ violence, sexual content, foul language" should have answered Sepinwall's questions. Getting ready to watch this now. Three episodes are up.

That was something else.

Last edited:
Now we've seen 4 Young Avengers members. Wiccan, Speed, Patriot, and Stature though we haven't seen Stature have powers yet. And Kate Bishop would be a 5th.

Our 8 year old desperately wanted us to watch the Duck Tales one hour series finale with him tonight. It was very entertaining. Good story with good plot twists. Several references to old school Disney Afternoon cartoons.

Good write-up. I've seen some better critiques. He could have mentioned that Justice League cast Carl Lumbly (who plays Isaiah Bradley) as Martian Manhunter. And he also could have mentioned that JL included Hawkgirl to address the gender dynamic and cast a Latina actress to play her (Maria Canals), so 3 of the 7 spots went to Black and Latina actors.

A few of the Disney+ Marvel Comics docs go into their mixed history on race, gender, and sexuality. The Behind the Mask doc focuses on it.

He seems to think his last tweet is profound but it makes no sense at all.

Last edited:
The most interesting thing I saw reading those Embiid tweets was this:

The most interesting thing I saw reading those Embiid tweets was this:

I still haven't seen Aquaman. I think I'm mostly caught up on the DC universe now thanks to HBO Max but it's largely been very bland aside from WW1 and Suicide Squad.

Joker was pretty interesting but the rest I could do without.

A couple of thoughts on Winter Soldier last night:

- I hope the Power Broker doesn't turn out to be Sharon Carter or Zemo. I think that would be lame.

- I wonder if the Power Broker will be a known Marvel commodity or just random villain.

- It would be a cool cameo if it turned out to be Vincent D'onofrio's Kingpin though I don't know that that would really fit with the comics very well.

- Glad to see a Sharon Carter return.

Back