• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

That’s one hell of a hype video. Great news. Marvel is going to drag me back to the theaters.

Add another huge fan of Invincible. I enjoyed the first episode, but really got hooked around 3 or 4 and ended up finishing the series in one sitting after that. Incredible story, a million great voice actors (so glad this was on prime so I could use the X-Ray feature to confirm them all), and a soundtrack on par with Into the Spiderverse. At first I was wishing that they were just 20 - 30 minute episodes, but then you realize that 40 minutes is about perfect since every episode is a piece to a larger puzzle. Great pacing. Great scaling. Just a well done show.

I think what gave me pause after the first episode was that I had read a review that said that it "couldn't find an identity as either a kids or adult show", and while I definitely saw that in the first episode, it quickly answers that question as the series progresses. Yeah, there are some corny/kiddy things, but it's a coming of age story about an 18 year old, so it all works. Any scene that seems kiddy is really just kind of filler/character building that ties into a much more serious plot.

Last edited:
Add another huge fan of Invincible. I enjoyed the first episode, but really got hooked around 3 or 4 and ended up finishing the series in one sitting after that. Incredible story, a million great voice actors (so glad this was on prime so I could use the X-Ray feature to confirm them all), and a soundtrack on par with Into the Spiderverse. At first I was wishing that they were just 20 - 30 minute episodes, but then you realize that 40 minutes is about perfect since every episode is a piece to a larger puzzle. Great pacing. Great scaling. Just a well done show.

I think what gave me pause after the first episode was that I had read a review that said that it "couldn't find an identity as either a kids or adult show", and while I definitely saw that in the first episode, it quickly answers that question as the series progresses. Yeah, there are some corny/kiddy things, but it's a coming of age story about an 18 year old, so it all works. Any scene that seems kiddy is really just kind of filler/character building that ties into a much more serious plot.

Sepinwall wrote that after watching the first 3 episodes and I have no idea what he was talking about. It's clearly an adult show about a kid. The animation style may seem kiddie but obviously what's being animated isn't.

Was it the Wakanda Forever date?

The titles of Black Panther 2 and Captain Marvel 2. The new footage from Black Widow, Shang-Chi, and the first footage from The Eternals. The 4 at the end seems to be an acknowledgement that Fantastic Four will come in late 2023.

Are we voting or our projections on who the new Black Panther will be? Winston Duke would be a good choice, I don't see that character making the transition though. Trevante Rhodes or Kelvin Harrison Jr could be options, but I doubt it will be either of them.

As I watched season 2 of Jack Ryan a few months ago I thought Jovan Adepo could be T’Challa if they were to recast (which they aren’t doing) but maybe he’d work as another Black Panther

In comics, Shuri became BP and there's where my money is right now.

Interesting that the WandaVision commercials were from Strange. I don't recall any other explanation for them. Props to Feige and co. for exercising restraint, that's not a trait I'd ascribe to Marvel over decades of fandom.

Sepinwall wrote that after watching the first 3 episodes and I have no idea what he was talking about. It's clearly an adult show about a kid. The animation style may seem kiddie but obviously what's being animated isn't.

Probably the most anime/comic literate friend I have was talking about how Americans just aren't used to seeing adult storylines play out in anime. The vast majority of, and especially mainstream, anime produced in America is kid friendly. Because the illustrators are American, they did the style they knew, and just hoped they could change the meta rather than adjusting the animation to seem grittier in order to make it readily apparent that this is an adult show.

Last edited:
That's definitely part of it. From what I've seen, the animation style is true to the comic. It also fits the story because it is fundamentally about a high school kid coming of age.

I posted what was new information yesterday.

The titles of Black Panther 2 and Captain Marvel 2. The new footage from Black Widow, Shang-Chi, and the first footage from The Eternals. The 4 at the end seems to be an acknowledgement that Fantastic Four will come in late 2023.

Kind of crazy that this hype video released the dates of 10 films that will be released in the next two years and people are focused on the last movie that didn't have a date but seems like it will come out in July 2023 or November 2023.

One theory I've heard is that Avengers 5 will come out July 2023 and introduce the Fantastic Four. Then Fantastic Four will come out in November 2023 to start Phase 5. Also, Sony seems to be planning Spider-Man films ever two years, so Spidey 4 is likely to come out December 2023. Then we also have Blade and Cap 4 on the horizon likely for 2025.

I posted what was new information yesterday.

Kind of crazy that this hype video released the dates of 10 films that will be released in the next two years and people are focused on the last movie that didn't have a date but seems like it will come out in July 2023 or November 2023.

One theory I've heard is that Avengers 5 will come out July 2023 and introduce the Fantastic Four. Then Fantastic Four will come out in November 2023 to start Phase 5. Also, Sony seems to be planning Spider-Man films ever two years, so Spidey 4 is likely to come out December 2023. Then we also have Blade and Cap 4 on the horizon likely for 2025.

I'm ready for it all! MCU is something my oldest and I have connected over and we're stoked about the upcoming shows and movies.

Loki will be released on Wednesdays starting June 9 rather than Fridays starting June 11.

I'm ready for it all! MCU is something my oldest and I have connected over and we're stoked about the upcoming shows and movies.

As someone who recently finished a rewatch of all the MCU movies (much of it in the middle of the night with my newborn son), I’d say this trailer was applicable to my interests

I don't really see Carnage working out, especially with Woody Harrelson, but here we are. First trailer:

Back