• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

What movie theaters are you rubes going to? Of the 10 movie theaters within a 10 mile radius I’d say more than 50% have assigned seating. Great because you can roll up to the movies about 20 minutes past the start time to skip previews.

Totally agree. Regal hasn't put any money into their location near me in a long time and that's why there's no reserved seating. AMC and Studio Movie Grill both have reserved seating but are a pain in the ass to get to.

That’s messed up, James Gunn.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/28/17063218/chadwick-boseman-tchalla-enemy-black-panther

Chadwick Boseman says T’Challa is the enemy in Black Panther

"There have been media takes discussing how Black Panther protagonist T’Challa sends a bleak message to black viewers by killing his rival. The message, some critics say, is that black liberation is only a dream, and only obedient, peaceful folks can expect tolerance and survival. In this reading of the film, that makes T’Challa the enemy. And Chadwick Boseman, the actor who plays T’Challa, agrees.

“I actually am the enemy,” he says during a discussion with castmate Lupita Nyong’o and Marvel comics writer and journalist Ta-Nehisi Coates at Harlem’s Apollo Theater on Tuesday. (The comments were transcribed and reported by The Atlantic and Rolling Stone.) “It’s the enemy I’ve always known. It’s power. It’s having privilege.” He characterizes T’Challa as “born with a vibranium spoon in my mouth.”

..."Boseman, who hails from South Carolina and graduated from Howard University, says that like Killmonger, he’s felt the same sense of not fully connecting with African culture and history. He had to search for his own heritage like Killmonger did, and going to Africa for the film had been a chance for him to “reconnect to what I lost.”...
To many commenters, the sides in Black Panther aren’t so clear cut. Both Killmonger and T’Challa are simultaneously heroes and villains. But Boseman’s acknowledgement that he sympathizes more with his character’s adversary is still a startling admission for a leading man in a superhero movie...

...“I don’t know if we as African-Americans would accept T’Challa as our hero if he didn’t go through Killmonger,” he says at the event. “Because Killmonger has been through our struggle, and [T’Challa hasn’t].”"

Well hot damn, read this thread:

Awesome. So awesome. My birthday is always right before the big Marvel summer film, but I never do anything for it. I may put something together for Infinity War.

I'd be piiiiiised if I'd already bought tickets for the 7:30pm Thursday show so I could get ahead of spoilers and now I'm seeing it a week later than errybody.

The new showing is something of a birthday present for me as well.

For something completely different - Ta Nehisi Coates will soon be writing Captain America. I'm finally getting around to his Black Panther run now (issue 2 so far).

BP was really good; not much to add to the discussion at this point but I eat my words re: Michael B Jordan and the writers - great villain

So would it cheapen Kilmonger's death if the Thanos uses the Soul Gem to revive Kilmonger and Klaue?

I'm thinking yes, but I wouldn't care.

Klaue? Def. doesn't cheapen his death of being summarily executed in a junk yard. I really liked Serkis' character; I want to know more about him.

Killmonger? I don't know if it does cheapen it because.... [eta: I haven't read through the comments on the movie here yet, so maybe we covered this]

it's a nice moment because he's a pretty sympathetic bad guy. we all get his frustration and maybe even agree with it, even his methods on some level and you sort of want to see what would happen if he succeeds. but there's the thing about his death scene. He's like "throw me in the sea" like the slaves choosing death over bondage. But he's not facing bondage as a slave, he's facing incarceration for murder, usurpation of the government and plans for planetary scale crimes against humanity.

So, I think he's a bad ass bad guy. I like the cold streak in him; he's actually menacing unlike most of the bad guys in the Marvel universe. I think he could come back, sure.

Also, really love the female roles in this film. Finally an analog to the bad-ass Amazons in the DC universe.

Last edited:
I'll repeat the fundamental rule for Marvel deaths, which I've mentioned on this thread more than once - no one stays dead but Uncle Ben. That rule used to include Bucky but you see how that's gone.

Klaue will be back and soon. They haven't made him Klaw yet and the death of his human physical form leads right into having a body composed of solid sound.

Killmonger's popularity may well bring him back, but frankly, what he brings to the table is pretty useless for the stakes in Infinity War. Thanos doesn't need him nor can Killmonger combat "the mad Titan". Nevertheless, some screenwriter may disagree and find a way to make it happen. For Black Panther 3 though, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him return.

18 movies in, everybody has stayed dead except Cap.

Back